PDA

View Full Version : Safety Recalls

Larry GT
06-14-2009, 09:10 AM
I got my first safety recall in the mail one day after a somewhat reassuring letter from a GM honcho and no his last name was not Obama. For TPMS plus, something to do with the brake lights plus, a third one which turned out to be only for cars not yet sold.

Ironically, the admiring "Team" member said that I owned an instant collectible, and the car was fixed/green-lighted that morning. Anyone else receiving similar GM mail, please reply.

beach
06-14-2009, 10:52 AM
Essentially every current GM owner got some form of a GM letter, if not more than one--I have at least 2, from different executives.

As for the recalls, which have been discussed in length already elsewhere, they are both very simple items and just require a computer flash, one to fix an error with the tire pressure monitoring programming and another for taillights that may stay on incorrectly. Quick and easy to take care of, and nothing that effects the actual operation of the car in any way.

JAM
06-14-2009, 11:04 AM
Also got the bogus "Customer Appreciation Certificate" Thursday - it is worthless - followed by "Safety Recall Notice" letter Friday.

My recall is for TPSM only: "Your vehicle has incorrect values programmed into the TPMS that will not illuminate the TPSM warning lamp until tire pressure falls below values required by the Standard."

The standard is 25% below recommended cold inflation pressure, and there was no mention of the brake light at all.

JAM

RobA300
06-15-2009, 04:02 AM
I got the letter and I had the recalls fixed last week. They did them when I got my oil changed took about and hour total and that was with waiting 15 mins for a bay to open up.

Larry GT
06-19-2009, 11:41 AM
TY to you all. I also got 2 letters from (reassuring) GM "execs". And you are also correct that the TPMS/Brake Light recalls were very simple.