PDA

View Full Version : Mustang Cobra

G8H8
06-13-2009, 06:58 PM
07 or 08, not sure of the year. Coming back from McDonalds, he pulled up at a redlight as it was turning green and hit it a little. So, I dropped to M2 and by the time I was in M3 I had about 2 cars on him. I even gave him a second chance to pull back up from a roll. He was having nothing of it.

G8H8
06-13-2009, 07:00 PM
And yes, I think the guy doesn't know how to drive his car. I thought I was gonna get murdered.

But walked away with a sh!t eating grin on my face.

Robert@KBXPerformance
06-13-2009, 07:10 PM
07 or 08, not sure of the year. Coming back from McDonalds, he pulled up at a redlight as it was turning green and hit it a little. So, I dropped to M2 and by the time I was in M3 I had about 2 cars on him. I even gave him a second chance to pull back up from a roll. He was having nothing of it.

If it was an 07 or 08 then it would have been a Shelby GT500. Those cars are solid mid 12 second cars in stock form with a good driver. Good kill on the driver by taking on car that is a solid second faster! :) The unexpected ones are the fun kills.

G8H8
06-13-2009, 07:26 PM
If it was an 07 or 08 then it would have been a Shelby GT500. Those cars are solid mid 12 second cars in stock form with a good driver. Good kill on the driver by taking on car that is a solid second faster! :) The unexpected ones are the fun kills.

Not a Shelby GT 500. the only way i knew it was a Cobra was the fact it was painted on the rear bumper COBRA. I saw that as i turned off.

GT G8
06-13-2009, 07:28 PM
And yes, I think the guy doesn't know how to drive his car.

Speaking of people who can't drive powerful cars......Let's all share a laugh at this Z06 Failure;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5UXoTyKt3bI

G8H8
06-13-2009, 07:28 PM
Okay just looked it up on Yahoo. Had to be an 03 Cobra. I saw the Shelby GT 500. Not even close to that. hahahahah My bad, just not a Ford guy I guess.

Robert@KBXPerformance
06-13-2009, 07:42 PM
Not a Shelby GT 500. the only way i knew it was a Cobra was the fact it was painted on the rear bumper COBRA. I saw that as i turned off.

There is no such thing as a 07 or 08 Mustang Cobra unless it is a Shelby "Cobra" GT500. That is the only Ford Mustang of those years and that body style that has Cobra emblems on it. Are you sure it was an 07 or 08 (S-197 body style)???

edit: Just seen your last post. Yeah 03 and 04 Cobra's will usually turn a 12.6-12.8 in stock form when properly driven. They are usually right around where the GT500's are in stock form. Some claim a little bit slower. Again, great kill on that driver.

G8H8
06-13-2009, 07:43 PM
There is no such thing as a 07 or 08 Mustang Cobra unless it is a Shelby "Cobra" GT500. That is the only Ford Mustang of those years and that body style that has Cobra emblems on it. Are you sure it was an 07 or 08 (S-197 body style)???

Had to be an 03. I looked it up on Yahoo.

'02 ws6
06-19-2009, 04:56 PM
Must be a horrible driver if he was in an '03 Cobra, not even at a full stop, so basically a roll, and couldn't pull around you. That or he wasn't even racing.

G8H8
06-19-2009, 08:33 PM
Just found out tonight that the car runs like crap. Apparently the guy has been trying to upgrade without knowing how to tune it.

timg8
06-19-2009, 11:04 PM
Speaking of people who can't drive powerful cars......Let's all share a laugh at this Z06 Failure;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5UXoTyKt3bI

I think the guys statement at the end of the video says it best.

VegasNate
06-20-2009, 08:18 AM
I think the guys statement at the end of the video says it best.

I'm still laughing at the way that guy says it. AAAwww! F&%$

pha|anx
06-21-2009, 10:34 AM
it amazes me how little some people on this site seem to know about Mustang Cobra's, year's, generation's, trim's, etc.... holy fuck people lol.

Robert@KBXPerformance
06-21-2009, 02:20 PM
it amazes me how little some people on this site seem to know about Mustang Cobra's, year's, generation's, trim's, etc.... holy fuck people lol.

I must agree I am surprised at the lack of knowledge on other cars too. How's that saying go? "Know thy competition".

namewastaken_o_O
06-28-2009, 09:34 PM
Did you hear a supercharger whine? If not then it was not a terminator. But could very well still be a cobra of that body style. As the terminators were just 03-04

Unless youre over 400 at the wheels, You did not race a terminator. Their hp/tq readings by Ford were soooooooooo omfgwtfbbq underrated it is not anywhere near funny.

So much so that stock on a dyno can read anything from 370-420 at the wheel depending on which car you own. As they all read diffrent odd ball numbers.

Also, with tiny mod's a terminator can easily get 600 at the wheel. I am talking pully, tune, lt headers, meth.....

Just saying though.....maybe it was a gt with a cobra body kit, or a non terminator!

:O

still fun times tho!

NickelnDime
06-28-2009, 11:20 PM
I put 4 cars on a brand new 2009 Shelby GT500 this afternoon. The whine from his car was about 5 times louder than mine. He had no idea what was going on when I started walking him. We went from 60 and I would stop at 110 every time. Walked him 3 out of 3 times.
Loved every minute. These GT500s are no joke though. You can't mistake them for not being supercharged.

Robert@KBXPerformance
06-29-2009, 02:37 PM
Did you hear a supercharger whine? If not then it was not a terminator. But could very well still be a cobra of that body style. As the terminators were just 03-04

Unless youre over 400 at the wheels, You did not race a terminator. Their hp/tq readings by Ford were soooooooooo omfgwtfbbq underrated it is not anywhere near funny.

So much so that stock on a dyno can read anything from 370-420 at the wheel depending on which car you own. As they all read diffrent odd ball numbers.

Also, with tiny mod's a terminator can easily get 600 at the wheel. I am talking pully, tune, lt headers, meth.....

Just saying though.....maybe it was a gt with a cobra body kit, or a non terminator!

:O

still fun times tho!

I agree with what you are saying but anything can happen on the street. I think as long as this fella knows that he beat the driver and not the car (if indeed a Terminator) then that is ok.

BTW it will take allot more than those mods you stated to hit 600rwhp in a Terminator. Add a steggy stage 5 ported blower and a few other mods and then you will be talking.

04Venom
10-25-2009, 06:00 AM
Wow! Its good to see a forum of guys that actually know about the 03/04 Cobra's and know what they are talking about. I agree with you Robert, it's hard to reach 600HP without the following combo.

Filter
Tune/SCT/MAfia
Injectors
Boost-a-Pump
X-pipe/Cat back
Accufab Single blade TB
2.2KB/2.3 Whipple

BTW, I am 04Venom, and I'll be hanging out at your site as this crowd seems to be much more mature.

99-LS1-SS
10-25-2009, 07:40 AM
Wow! Its good to see a forum of guys that actually know about the 03/04 Cobra's and know what they are talking about. I agree with you Robert, it's hard to reach 600HP without the following combo.

Filter
Tune/SCT/MAfia
Injectors
Boost-a-Pump
X-pipe/Cat back
Accufab Single blade TB
2.2KB/2.3 Whipple

BTW, I am 04Venom, and I'll be hanging out at your site as this crowd seems to be much more mature.

Welcome Venom. We try to keep the dumb asses either in check or away on this site. Most of us on here are car nuts.

GRRRR8
10-25-2009, 08:15 AM
Yes we are known to call BULLSHIT pretty quickly. :woohoo:

fiveoh
10-25-2009, 01:21 PM

Filter
Tune/SCT/MAfia
Injectors
Boost-a-Pump
X-pipe/Cat back
Accufab Single blade TB
2.2KB/2.3 Whipple

I'm assuming you mean compared to svtperformance.com.... i read the kill section over there from time to time... lol. The weird thing is on that site there are a bunch of vette humpers:confused:

TyG8GXP
10-25-2009, 02:18 PM
svtperformance, lol. I'm on there, but have lost faith in that site when 9 out of 10 people called BS on me beating a bolt-on Mach 1 in my stock GXP. I used to own 2 Mustangs, they aren't Jesus, and they aren't the fastest thing on the road, they CAN and DO lose. :facepalm:

04Venom
10-25-2009, 04:08 PM
I'm assuming you mean compared to svtperformance.com.... i read the kill section over there from time to time... lol. The weird thing is on that site there are a bunch of vette humpers:confused:

Actually I was referring to your sister site, g8board.com. However the same could be said about SVT Performance. To be honest, the KILL section on SVTP is entertaining to say the most. I'm strictly a modularfords.com guy now though.

04Venom
10-25-2009, 04:14 PM
svtperformance, lol. I'm on there, but have lost faith in that site when 9 out of 10 people called BS on me beating a bolt-on Mach 1 in my stock GXP. I used to own 2 Mustangs, they aren't Jesus, and they aren't the fastest thing on the road, they CAN and DO lose. :facepalm:

There was a post on this topic a few months back on SVTP. Its obvious a GXP would be a bolt-on Mach I. From what I can remember, the Mach I was bolt-on and the GXP was stock. The GXP would still win, but I believe the OP claimed bus lenghts or something like that.

Robert@KBXPerformance
10-25-2009, 04:15 PM
Actually I was referring to your sister site, g8board.com. However the same could be said about SVT Performance. To be honest, the KILL section on SVTP is entertaining to say the most. I'm strictly a modularfords.com guy now though.

SVTP does provide some decent entertainment in the road kill drive thru section and that is about it. I used to go on modularfords quite a bit back in the day but haven't been very active for a while there. I have been a member of both of those sites for about 6-7 years now come to think of it. Modularfords definitely has more posts of a technical variety versus just smack talkers.

Ktlplxm
10-26-2009, 05:33 AM

The problem with trying to familiarize one's self with Mustangs is akin to learning about Hondas in the regard that there are so many of the owners that try to make their cars appear to be a better model than what they actually are. There are so many combinations of Saleen, Steeda, Rousch, SVT, and Shelby options (both individually and in conjunction) that its hard to Keep track of them. Its almost like no one is satisfied with just a GT. You then run into Rousch Stage 1, 2, 3... but they all look almost identical. You almost have to be surrounded by Mustangs just to pick out the authentics from the wannabes. I can unfortunately point out 2 Terminator clones within 2 miles of my job.

I agree with what you are saying but anything can happen on the street. I think as long as this fella knows that he beat the driver and not the car (if indeed a Terminator) then that is ok.

BTW it will take allot more than those mods you stated to hit 600rwhp in a Terminator. Add a steggy stage 5 ported blower and a few other mods and then you will be talking.

That is one of the good things about actually having a street race, unprepped asphalt is a great equalizer... you don't have to beat the car, just the monkey behind the wheel. Monkey may have spent the money on the power but, forgot suspension, tires, and driving lessons. :spank:

Even if he had lost, it would have been an honorable defeat. 2 door, sport coupe, aggressive suspension and gearing, with a power adder... one can live with that

TyG8GXP
10-26-2009, 07:24 AM
There was a post on this topic a few months back on SVTP. Its obvious a GXP would be a bolt-on Mach I. From what I can remember, the Mach I was bolt-on and the GXP was stock. The GXP would still win, but I believe the OP claimed bus lenghts or something like that.
That was probably me. I didn't claim bus lengths, it's mis-information like that that makes things ridiculous. I beat him by about 2-3 cars, from a roll. People claimed he was a shitty driver, or he had a mail-order tune, basically just trying to give excuses to why he lost to me, and that "it couldn't have been by that much."

jaxredg8
10-28-2009, 10:50 AM

Im on both forums, here and g8board and while I am on the g8board.com more for entertainment, I do admit this one has less childish behavior.

Ktlplxm
10-28-2009, 11:50 AM
Im on both forums, here and g8board and while I am on the g8board.com more for entertainment, I do admit this one has less childish behavior.

Thankfully the childish "keyboard car guys" (the ones who spend more time in forums than they do their cars) don't find us to be receptive to their bullsh!t