PDA

View Full Version : Anyone here into International Air Cargo ?

Crazy Paul
09-12-2008, 03:17 AM
So I found some Holden things that you guys might like, but the dimensions (not weight) go over the limits I can use for Postal Service Airmail/Airfreight.

Bits would be going from Perth, Western Australia to USA & Canada.

We have Fredex and UPS and DHL here but whenever I've used them before they have been scary expensive. Being an irregular / non-account holder is usually their licence to bend you over on price.

Can anybody suggest something a little more economical ?

GRRRR8
09-12-2008, 04:59 AM
Smuggle, put it on a boat like refugees. lol I have a friend I havent seen in a while and will try to contact to see if he knows an alternative besides the ones I suggested. :rofl:

Crazy Paul
09-12-2008, 05:12 AM
Smuggle, put it on a boat like refugees. lol I have a friend I havent seen in a while and will try to contact to see if he knows an alternative besides the ones I suggested. :rofl:

Yes that would be nice.
You may actually like a few of the items I'm considering.
(Time to send Charlie an e-mail I think.)

GRRRR8
09-12-2008, 05:17 AM
My telepathy is buzzing like crazy!!!! lol

Greg@PacePerformance
09-12-2008, 05:22 AM
We use BAX Global for most of our International shipments. The are cheaper than UPS and FedEx 90% of the time.

Crazy Paul
09-12-2008, 05:28 AM
Thanks Greg.
I know another USA vendor swears by them too....hope they're just as sweet flying the opposite direction with stuff. I couldn't remember their name until you posted. Cheers.

xfactor
09-12-2008, 04:33 PM
Can you give me the dims including weight of the average size of stuff you ship? I deal a lot in international shipments, we ship helicopters all over the world, including your neck of the woods, and have great connections. When you ship items the size of a school bus on airplanes about 40 times a year with the same people you get pretty good service. Let me know and give me a few days and I will let you know if I can help.

Crazy Paul
09-12-2008, 08:54 PM
Can you give me the dims including weight of the average size of stuff you ship? I deal a lot in international shipments, we ship helicopters all over the world, including your neck of the woods, and have great connections. When you ship items the size of a school bus on airplanes about 40 times a year with the same people you get pretty good service. Let me know and give me a few days and I will let you know if I can help.

Awesome. I love this place !!!

See at the moment I've just been sending stuff that the Post Office can handle.

Guys here have been asking about some bulky items recently tho.

I will work on getting you a small list of New Items v Boxed size and weight.

Quantities will be small and not regular, eg 1 x item No 2 one week......2 x Item No 7 another week (to different US cities)........1x Item 9 + 2 x Item3 another week (to different US cities).

Are you involved in shipping out those huge firefighting helos ?
Skycrane ?? One popular one here each summer is dubbed "Elvis"

: )
Paul