PDA

View Full Version : G35 Kill

Seattle09GT
06-12-2009, 08:50 PM
First kill.

Driving on the highway and hit a patch of moderate traffic. Just minding my own business with an silver G35 (I'd say first gen) came weaving through. I started following their lead, being patient, looking for the right hole as we went through the traffic. I found the opening first, shifted to sport and planted it, they gave chase but never gained an inch. I reached a point where I felt I had proved my point and slowed back down. Ehhh, I know, not a lot of drama.

grandmacpubah
06-12-2009, 08:54 PM
wtf? NO ONE WILL RACE ME....I see a super bee...fly up to it...pace it...rev the engine...ignored. Race up to a WRX...ignored...Challenger...women driver..pass..(fwiw 9 of 10 chargers all souped up are women around here)

I can not find one freaking person to race in seattle!!!

Seattle09GT
06-12-2009, 09:32 PM
I have a second kill but it's not worth talking about really - DGF was with me. Some idiot in a 3-series convertible (not an M) and not a 335i got it in their head that could run with me. Absolutely destroyed them at the first light - it was humiliating. They did a half hearted run on the second light (very short) and didn't even try on the third.

Right place at the right time I guess. Pick my places very carefully, at my age the po po isn't going to give me the, "hey don't be a dumb kid," speech. They'll see the gray temples and write me up for aggressive driving, if I'm lucky.

I'm looking forward to BOP in the fall, figure I'll be at 4K to 5K miles by the top it rolls around and I'll feel comfortable drag racing - legally.

Someone will run on your eventually, just need to keep your eyes open - but seriously, I don't know what this moron was thinking with 230 HP under their hood.

stryker g8gt
06-13-2009, 05:04 AM
wtf? NO ONE WILL RACE ME....I see a super bee...fly up to it...pace it...rev the engine...ignored. Race up to a WRX...ignored...Challenger...women driver..pass..(fwiw 9 of 10 chargers all souped up are women around here)

Same here.......lol

I have had one middle aged guy in a very modifed M series......wanting to race really bad...but, I had my son in the car.

Mike P
06-13-2009, 05:55 AM

Dude I hear you! No one will race me either. I think I'd better add the V8 6 litre badges.

I rolled up on a newer Shelby GT 500 and he actually reduced his speed! And let pick up trucks pass him. What a pussy! :)

TxNessie84
06-13-2009, 07:52 AM
The only ones I have had try have been a diesel F250 with exhaust and I am guessing a chip because he didn't get smoked as bad as I would have expected as we were both trying to get ahead where two lanes merged. And some moron in a fullsize Ford van who kept revving at 3-4 lights we stopped at and then flooring it at the green, I turned that one down.

My brother wanted to race me in his 2007 G35 Sedan but since he got home from his deployment to Iraq and saw the G8 he hasn't said he wants to race anymore.

steve b.
07-27-2009, 04:56 AM
my wife has a g35. performance mods are a waste of money. i have intake ,duel exhuast, plemtum and a tune about 20 hp for all that money not worth it g8s mods better

GeorgeInNePa
07-27-2009, 01:43 PM
The trouble is, many don't know what a G8 is. They don't know it's a fast car.

I've had a Hyundai Tiberon play a bit, that's it.

chuckwi11
07-27-2009, 03:03 PM
G35? Nope... Vette? Nope... Not even a frickin' GT Mustang... no, the only guy that tries to outrun me is some jackass in a Tundra V8. He enters SR 408 and immediately heads into the fast lane at about 60mph as I am closing at 80mph. I hit the brakes, downshift and blow by him on the right reclaim the lane and level off at about 75mph. The fool proceeds to floor it and runs up to my bumper... downshift again to let him hear the roar and make 120mph before I let off to make the 2 degree banked 90. I look in my rear view to see him about a 1/4 mile back as his nose dips as he realizes that POS pickup aint gonna make that turn at 90mph... he uses the right lane and everybit of the shoulder almost clipping the guard rail. Not much of a kill but that there is funny! :nah:

Devilish34
07-27-2009, 03:06 PM
He he 2 G35s so far one Mustang Bullet and last week I was messing with a GT. I let him jump then reeled him in sat back a bit with some throttle left. And then we caught up with traffic so I got out of it. I was fine chasing him doing 110+ with no one around but I'm not doing that in traffic. He kept going full throttle through traffic then slowed. I ended up catching up with him but the roads were too wet .

I'll have to keep an eye open for him since hes local.

Night Train
07-27-2009, 07:15 PM
Yeah, no one wants to race me. :boxing: I guess that is a good thing as it keeps me out of trouble. I think that folks just don't know the car. My next door neighbor has a GTO and says he gets challenges ALL the time.

r33pwrd
07-28-2009, 06:56 AM

Was that yout car in Monroe yesterday?

grandmacpubah
07-28-2009, 07:50 AM
Was that yout car in Monroe yesterday?

LOL yes!! I was at the gym and I see a stryker blue and I'm like WTF someone is stealing my car!!! But than I saw the wheels were different and I breathed a sigh of relief.

I wondered if it was you lol

WARLOCK
07-29-2009, 08:51 PM
my wife has a g35. performance mods are a waste of money. i have intake ,duel exhuast, plemtum and a tune about 20 hp for all that money not worth it g8s mods better

My girlfriend has an 07 G35 sedan. wondered if it was worth putting stillen intakes on it. thanks. now i know.