There are no words...

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m319/jimzu1/G8/P1010511.jpg

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m319/jimzu1/G8/P1010518.jpg

norm8332
06-12-2009, 04:31 PM
Sorry to see. Everyone ok?

WickedMom
06-12-2009, 04:33 PM
AH MAN! I hope everyone is ok... Totally strange how your glass broke.

GRRRR8
06-12-2009, 04:38 PM
I dont even know what to say. I hope you and any passengers are OK.

Panzer Leader
06-12-2009, 05:02 PM
Man hope you are OK. WTF happened? Sorry to see that, I would be in tears, so cry if it helps.

G8GT721
06-12-2009, 05:05 PM
Man hope you are OK. WTF happened? Sorry to see that, I would be in tears, so cry if it helps.

+1 ^^^

johnbell2
06-12-2009, 05:16 PM
Hope everyone was ok. What's the other guy look like?

Gearhead
06-12-2009, 05:32 PM
Thanks folks.

I was driving home with my 5 year old daughter today around 4:30 pm. We were 2 blocks from my house. I was on a 4 lane road traveling north. Traffic was stalled for an accident about a quarter mile ahead. My left turn into my subdivision was a half block up. As I pulled into the left turn lane to turn into my subdivision, a Jeep made a quick left as I was passing on his left. He nailed my right front and everything pushed into him. Glass shattered all over my daughter. She got cuts on her face. She was shaken up. But she is okay. She could have been showered in glass if I hadn't tinted the windows. The tint held the glass together. They towed his Jeep away because both front wheels were pointed inward. I limped my car a block into the garage.

I am so meticulous about my cars. I am the guy that parks across the lot and walks just to avoid door dings. This sucks.

Be careful out there.

JoeSyko
06-12-2009, 06:27 PM
Man...I hate seeing stuff like that. Makes me not want to drive mine for fear of something similar happening. I'm glad everyone is OK. Sorry about your ride. :(

Featherburner
06-12-2009, 06:33 PM
My heart sank when I saw the picture. Sorry bud.

Devilish34
06-12-2009, 06:34 PM
All that matters is your daughter and you are Ok.

GAG8
06-12-2009, 06:51 PM
That makes for a really bad day. I hope he got a ticket.

Defeater
06-12-2009, 06:56 PM
That guy is lucky he hit you and not me, especially if I had had my kid in there: I keep a 1" drive socket wrench in the driver's door cubby for just such an occasion.

Hopefully the insurance company decides your car is reparable.

dline
06-12-2009, 07:07 PM
ouch sorry to hear

R.Penguin
06-12-2009, 07:08 PM
It seems that the average idiot driver in America is drawn to crash into G8's for some reason. We are being picked off like fish in a barrel. I wonder how many that is now, just on this forum? 2 MGM GT's for sure. :(

Defeater
06-12-2009, 07:12 PM
It seems that the average idiot driver in America is drawn to crash into G8's for some reason. We are being picked off like fish in a barrel. I wonder how many that is now, just on this forum? 2 MGM GT's for sure. :(

And people wonder why I don't like having MGM? It might as well be painted invisible!!!!

G8GT594
06-12-2009, 07:29 PM
Damn man! Glad you guys are ok! I know how bad it sucks but the car did its job! Cars are replaceable, people, not so much.

MANOFSTEEL69
06-12-2009, 07:33 PM
Wow...Sorry to see that, but glad you and your daughter are ok!

Fatdaddy
06-13-2009, 04:45 AM
...As I pulled into the left turn lane to turn into my subdivision, a Jeep made a quick left as I was passing on his left...

So were you still in the turn pocket or had you made it into the intersection when he nailed you?

My sympathies for your situation. I am glad that you and your daughter are ok. I bet it scared the bejabbers out of her. She doesn't have any lingering problems does she? Like not wanting to ride in a car anymore?

Mike P
06-13-2009, 04:59 AM
Thanks folks.

I was driving home with my 5 year old daughter today around 4:30 pm. We were 2 blocks from my house. I was on a 4 lane road traveling north. Traffic was stalled for an accident about a quarter mile ahead. My left turn into my subdivision was a half block up. As I pulled into the left turn lane to turn into my subdivision, a Jeep made a quick left as I was passing on his left. He nailed my right front and everything pushed into him. Glass shattered all over my daughter. She got cuts on her face. She was shaken up. But she is okay. She could have been showered in glass if I hadn't tinted the windows. The tint held the glass together. They towed his Jeep away because both front wheels were pointed inward. I limped my car a block into the garage.

I am so meticulous about my cars. I am the guy that parks across the lot and walks just to avoid door dings. This sucks.

Be careful out there.

I'm glad you & your daughter are okay. As a father of a 2 1/2 year old & a 4 month old, daughters are precious.

I'm sorry about your car man.......

GeoffA
06-13-2009, 05:07 AM
Sorry this happened, glad you and your girl are OK.

MoonPie
06-13-2009, 06:03 AM
Hey, terribly sorry to read this. Best of luck to you and hope for a quick recovery for your daughter's scratches.

TxNessie84
06-13-2009, 07:37 AM
Sorry about your car but glad to hear that no one was seriously injured. Hope you get it fixed quickly.

p71
06-13-2009, 07:45 AM
That suck man, glad to her your daughter is not too banged up, and hey, the jeep guys insurance may well be buying you a GXP.

Gearhead
06-13-2009, 07:50 AM
Thanks for the kind words.

I was pulling left of the cars to enter my left turn lane to turn into my subdivision. As I was passing the Jeep on his left, he turned into my car, his fender rolled up onto mine, his wheel rolled up onto the doors, and blew the passenger window out onto my daughter.

For those who said they would have been upset with the other driver, I am normally that way too. But, having my 5 year old daughter in the car, hysterical because she has blood all over her face, and me not being sure how hurt she was, that is where all my attention was focused.

She seems to be okay with it. She drew a picture of her and me holding hands today. She put a sad face on her, and put scratches on her cheek...

Now I find out I don't have rental coverage on my policy. Trying to get the car into a good shop now. If the cowl is damaged, they may total this thing. If the value is less than what I owe, I'll be disappointed.

Jim

DRCUSTOMPARTS
06-13-2009, 07:56 AM
Holy cow Jim, I'm sorry to see your G8 got wrecked. I'm glad to hear you and your daughter didn't get seriously hurt. Last time I saw it at the track it was looking sharp, hopefully you'll get her looking like new again.

Vertical
06-13-2009, 08:06 AM
Wow, sorry to see man. I'm glad to hear you guys are relatively ok, Daddy's little girl is being pretty strong about it.

JoeSyko
06-13-2009, 09:13 AM
She seems to be okay with it. She drew a picture of her and me holding hands today. She put a sad face on her, and put scratches on her cheek...

Now that damn near made me tear up.

Panzer Leader
06-14-2009, 05:00 PM
Jeep eeehhh, thats a Chysler product, hhhhmmmm. I think that Chrysler is trying to pick off the G-8s. Thank God your daughter is OK. Hate to think of the glass w/o the tint on it and what could have happened.

Defeater
06-14-2009, 05:19 PM
Now I find out I don't have rental coverage on my policy. Trying to get the car into a good shop now. If the cowl is damaged, they may total this thing. If the value is less than what I owe, I'll be disappointed.

Jim

This is why I always take GAP coverage, without fail.

IcePickFreak
06-15-2009, 08:34 AM
Glad everyone was relatively OK.

The pics gave that sinking feeling - I'm MGM, stock 19's, & tint.

BW G8GT
06-15-2009, 10:01 AM
Glad to hear you and your little girl are OK. Hope you can get the car repaired or replaced without a lot of hassles.

MGM is a beautiful color though I may be biased since I drive one.

PUGS
06-15-2009, 03:31 PM
Sorry to hear about your car glad you and your daughter are ok.

gearhead455
06-15-2009, 05:23 PM
All that matters is your daughter and you are Ok.

+1

Chewy
06-16-2009, 05:46 AM
WOW sorry to see this happen to you. Glad you and your daughter are OK though.

Just find a REALLY good shop that will work with you. Let them know up front that you are UBER anal about what the end result will be. This way they will understand when you complain about the little things...

Gluck,
Chris

Gearhead
06-16-2009, 04:22 PM
Thanks for the encouraging words everyone.

For those of you with children, I'm sure you understand how I felt seeing my 5 year old daughter (daddy's girl) just after the impact, with blood rushing down her face, and a look of sheer terror in her eyes as she put her hand to her face and saw blood, then screamed to me to help her. She was the only thing on my mind. Just wanting to reassure her it's okay and make sure she is not injured. And of course, re-playing the events in my mind leading up to the crash, asking "what if" I would have just waited, or took another route, etc. to avoid that trauma for her. She just has a bruise and some scratches now. It could have easily been worse, had the Jeep continued to accelerate up onto the A pillar. Thank God she is relatively okay.

Yes, I took the car to a shop I trust. The owner does alot of custom work on cars, and he knows how meticulous I am. We already had the discussion about "if it's not as good as it was before the accident, it's coming right back". He knows...

Things happen so quickly out there. I am an excellent driver. NHRA certified too. And I haven't been in an accident for 20 years. But when it happens, it just happens so fast. Although while it's happening, it seems to be moving in slow motion. It has raised my awareness, and as a very confident driver, that's a good thing.

I wont even talk about the insurance company discussions. Boy is that a trip.

Please be careful out there...

Jim

ULTRA Z
06-16-2009, 05:33 PM
glad yall are ok sorry to see and hear bout this good luck i have had several people bout hit me i've managed to make them miss s far i think its jut cause its new peple hating :(

G8addict
07-06-2009, 10:01 AM

My MGM got egged 3 days after I bought it and brought it home. Still have the egg scratches in 3 spots where the eggs made impact. Luckily it is only notice-able if you really look for it.

The person/people that did it, deserve this:

:hang:

R.Penguin
07-06-2009, 10:41 AM
This is why I always take GAP coverage, without fail.
After the '08 GT total loss I heartily endorse Gap. Saved me $6,300. :puke:

Punisher
07-06-2009, 10:13 PM
After the '08 GT total loss I heartily endorse Gap. Saved me $6,300. :puke:

+1

Gearhead
12-05-2009, 03:07 PM
Update.....

I got my G8 back Thursday. Yep, that's right. 6 months later.

The good news is, the body shop did an amazing job. You cannot tell there was any damage at all. No tape marks, paint matches, etc. And I'm a picky SOB.

Just in time for snow...

Jim

Remikinz
12-05-2009, 03:47 PM
Congrats!! Glad to hear you got your car back!! Hows your little girl? I hope shes doing much better now!!

wnt2gofst
12-05-2009, 03:51 PM
Glad to see you got your car back. Hope your daughter is doing good.

Gearhead
12-05-2009, 04:05 PM
Yes, my daughter is doing fine and no after effects. She does still talk about the accident though. Thanks for asking.

Jim

GeoffA
12-05-2009, 04:11 PM
Wow that was long. I thought you got it back months ago. What was the total damage amount $$$

Gearhead
12-05-2009, 05:23 PM
wow that was long. I thought you got it back months ago. What was the total damage amount $$$

Nope, a 6 month fiasco. $13.5k.

He got a citation for an illegal U turn. Insurance company says it doesn't matter. His company is claiming 50/50 liability. Mine is claiming he is 100% liable. Now it's in arbitration.

Oh, and I paid $850 a month out of my pocket for a rental car, which was not covered on my insurance. If I want to get reimbursed, I'll have to file a suit against him once it's settled and cross my fingers.

Insurance companies... the biggest scam going.

99-LS1-SS
12-05-2009, 05:57 PM
Thanks for the kind words.

I was pulling left of the cars to enter my left turn lane to turn into my subdivision. As I was passing the Jeep on his left, he turned into my car, his fender rolled up onto mine, his wheel rolled up onto the doors, and blew the passenger window out onto my daughter.

For those who said they would have been upset with the other driver, I am normally that way too. But, having my 5 year old daughter in the car, hysterical because she has blood all over her face, and me not being sure how hurt she was, that is where all my attention was focused.

Jim

Jim, my heart sank when I read this. I'm glad you and your daughter are ok. I have a 5 year old girl too and I can totally empathize with how you were feeling. I hope everything works out for you and her.

Panzer Leader
12-05-2009, 06:21 PM
Jim, great news. From the photos looked like sheet metal damage, any frame or suspension? As far as his insurance company claiming 50/50, tell them to suck a lemon. He got the citation not you. Go after his company for the rental car. You have pictures of your little girls scratches and cuts? Did she have nightmares or is scared to drive in a car? (Hope that she doesn't.) His company should be kissing your ass. Hopefully you have a lawyer. Yes they are a pain but sometimes they come in handy. If his company paid for the damage, and the rental car I would say thats fair, if not put the impact driver to them.

Fatdaddy
12-05-2009, 08:22 PM
Nope, a 6 month fiasco. $13.5k.

He got a citation for an illegal U turn. Insurance company says it doesn't matter. His company is claiming 50/50 liability. Mine is claiming he is 100% liable. Now it's in arbitration.

Oh, and I paid $850 a month out of my pocket for a rental car, which was not covered on my insurance. If I want to get reimbursed, I'll have to file a suit against him once it's settled and cross my fingers.

Insurance companies... the biggest scam going.

Scam is right. By his insurance company reasoning, you should have been 100% liable. After all, if you had not been there at all, he would have never hit you. And since it was your decision to be out on the road at the same time as their insured, you are at fault. In fact, you should have been charged for reckless endangerment for having your child in a car. Don't you know that cars are dangerous? ...

... Sorry, I'm getting carried away. Glad you are rolling again. I hope they make you whole.

TxNessie84
12-06-2009, 05:47 PM
Glad to hear everything is fixed and that your daughter is doing ok. Best of luck with the thieves at the insurance companies.