PDA

View Full Version : Just got home from dealership for service...

snowmunky
06-11-2009, 11:02 AM
Finally found a good dealership to take my car to.

My complaints (and reason to take it in) were:
- no a/c
- driver wiper blade streaking
- rattle in trunk lid when opening/closing
- slow shifting/acceleration at low speeds

Found out the a/c compressor/clutch is not engaging even though it has power/ground... they ordered me a new one and are going to call when it comes in.

Replaced the driver wiper blade... no more streaking :woohoo:

There was apparently a broken retainer rolling around in my trunk lid, they managed to get it out... so no more rattling.

And... best of all... they performed all TCM updates and all I can say is... night/day difference. The car doesn't seem so confused when I step on the go-pedal anymore!!!

They also performed "recall" 09046 and 09101, 09046 is for the reprogramming of the brake switch apparently, and 09101 is reprogramming of the TPMS.

-Ray-
06-11-2009, 11:12 AM
I have a broken retainer in my deck lid too. I'm going to leave it there.

2008g8gt
06-11-2009, 11:23 AM

I dont know why. that made me laugh! lmao:woohoo:

snowmunky
06-11-2009, 11:47 AM

It didn't even bother me... but this is the first car I've ever owned with a warranty... and my newfound realization of "you mean i can just take my car to someone else and bitch about everything wrong and they will fix it for free?" led me to tell them about it... haha.

Quite the funny sight, too.... the GM tech crawled completely in the trunk and shut himself in... and at one point, they had 3 techs all standing around the trunk trying to fish out the tiny little plastic retainer... :rofl:

And I'm loving the non-streaking wiper and improved shifting!

09-G8-GT
06-13-2009, 05:53 PM

Me too, so in 30 years my car will have the ultra rare broken retaining clip, just like it left the factory. :nah:

-Ray-
06-14-2009, 05:45 AM
It didn't even bother me... but this is the first car I've ever owned with a warranty... and my newfound realization of "you mean i can just take my car to someone else and bitch about everything wrong and they will fix it for free?" led me to tell them about it... haha.

Quite the funny sight, too.... the GM tech crawled completely in the trunk and shut himself in... and at one point, they had 3 techs all standing around the trunk trying to fish out the tiny little plastic retainer... :rofl:

And I'm loving the non-streaking wiper and improved shifting!

Yeah, that is pretty cool. Hey, can you fix this? LOL

Defeater
06-14-2009, 07:40 AM
Have fun with that wiper, the dealership had to replace ours three times before it finally stopped streaking/skipping/squealing.

dline
06-14-2009, 08:02 AM
looks like your dealer treated you well, congrats.