PDA

View Full Version : Wish I'd bought red, or blue, or silver, or white

Art708
09-11-2008, 05:47 PM
Fuggin' black. I wash it every morning and it's dirty in an hour. I used to wash my white vette like once a week or two.

G8GTlawride
09-11-2008, 05:58 PM
It's probably the nicest color on a car with such clean lines as the G8. But, it is a B...tch to keep clean.

09PBMGT
09-11-2008, 05:58 PM
For that hour that it's actually clean..... it's pretty mean looking. I'm not sure if you knew this or not, but the Panther Black Metallic actually is faster by .5 seconds in the quarter mile. LOL:hmm:

Art708
09-11-2008, 06:22 PM
For that hour that it's actually clean..... it's pretty mean looking. I'm not sure if you knew this or not, but the Panther Black Metallic actually is faster by .5 seconds in the quarter mile. LOL:hmm:

Of course...who doesn't know that black is the fastest color? My G8 and my Valkyrie are both "fast black".

xfactor
09-12-2008, 04:50 PM
Use a little post wash detail spray and it will help keep the grime off. I have had a lot of black vehicles, including my wifes 07 Tahoe that everyone swears never gets dirty. Thru the wishy-wash about once a week and a good bath every 3-4 weeks keeps her beautiful. The microfiber towels are my friend! 12 pack from Target for 5.99.

GRRRR8
09-12-2008, 05:06 PM
Of course...who doesn't know that black is the fastest color? My G8 and my Valkyrie are both "fast black".

I have a red one that is trembling out in the garage with this aggresive talk. Down ITBFST! They are 1 of us! Easy! LMAO!

Weldon
09-12-2008, 05:18 PM
haha my white one is sleeping...stupid car. **leans out the door** WAKEUP!!!!! VROOOOOOOOOOOOOOM ok its ready!!!! now..whats this about .5 seconds faster? =P:prostock:

xfactor
09-12-2008, 05:19 PM
If you guys hurry I think you MIGHT catch him!!???

jnak
09-12-2008, 09:17 PM
Use a good wax on it, it will still get dirty but it will be far less noticeable.

Meguiar's #21, topped with Meguiar's #26, is pure sex.

GRRRR8
09-12-2008, 09:18 PM
Yes it is! Thats what I used on my black cars too.

Blackrider
09-12-2008, 09:57 PM
I just don't like all the swirl marks that you get from dusting/drying. The Panther Black does a good job of hiding them however you can still see them a bit. I bought some of Meguiars spray wax and I use it when drying my car and that helps prevent the swirl marks. It still not a replacement for a good clay bar, polish, and Wax but its good for in between.

Art708
09-13-2008, 05:37 PM
ya know what??? I don't have time for all that washing and waxing. I like to ride and drive too much for all that. Once a week through the carwash is cool for me. I have some friends with motorcycles who are always asking me,"Art, when are you gonna wash that thing?" I maintain that cars and bikes are made to be driven/ridden, not obsessed over about washing and waxing. Not saying that I don't like to see her all spiffied up...IF there were someone who'd do it for me every few days and I wouldn't have to bother. :)

MissNaySimon
09-14-2008, 08:48 AM
Steve saw my G8 the other day. It was coated with dust. :) I didn't wash it since August 30th. Gray gets pretty dirty too but I just didn't have time to clean it. As soon as the husband gets back, he can take up to washing it every day. I don't have time for it while playing single mommy and working full time.

Blackrider
09-14-2008, 01:01 PM
ya know what??? I don't have time for all that washing and waxing. I like to ride and drive too much for all that. Once a week through the carwash is cool for me. I have some friends with motorcycles who are always asking me,"Art, when are you gonna wash that thing?" I maintain that cars and bikes are made to be driven/ridden, not obsessed over about washing and waxing. Not saying that I don't like to see her all spiffied up...IF there were someone who'd do it for me every few days and I wouldn't have to bother. :)

I guess you should have bought a "red, or blue, or silver, or white". :)

Art708
09-14-2008, 04:02 PM
Hmmm...seems that I've heard that somewhere. :)

GRRRR8
09-14-2008, 04:12 PM
Hmmm...seems that I've heard that somewhere. :)

Psychic Phenom!

norm8332
09-14-2008, 04:32 PM
I have panther black and I used that Rejex stuff on the whole car and it does last for a few months. I hate washing etc too. But with that stuff all i do is blast it with a power washer (car attachment) and it shoots the dirt/bugs off in like 5 minutes of work. I had tried this before the Rejex and it didn't work well. Oh and no swirl marks.

BlueJacket
09-14-2008, 04:57 PM
I just don't like all the swirl marks that you get from dusting/drying. The Panther Black does a good job of hiding them however you can still see them a bit. I bought some of Meguiars spray wax and I use it when drying my car and that helps prevent the swirl marks. It still not a replacement for a good clay bar, polish, and Wax but its good for in between.

Get a Porter Cable 7424 buffer. Best $120 I have spent on a car.