PDA

View Full Version : Better when it's hot

esinger
06-10-2009, 05:26 AM
I know this sounds totally opposite from what it should be, but in the morning when the cars nice a cool it runs fine but not exceptional.

Lately it’s been getting pretty hot outside and when I get out of work it’s in the 90 degree range. Let me tell you, it behaves like a totally different car. It jumps off the line and is begging to go fast.

Anyone else have this same experience? It seems more logical for it to behave worse in the heat than better.

GRRRR8
06-10-2009, 05:34 AM
Mine is just the opposite. It runs well in hot weather, but it is a beast when its cool out.

13 QTR
06-10-2009, 05:54 AM
Mine seems to like it hot also. On my dyno runs...it always makes more power on the second run with no cool down from the first. I even once,unplugged the fans and let it get up to 200+,and it only lost about 5hp....?

GRRRR8
06-10-2009, 06:13 AM
Mine seems to like it hot also. On my dyno runs...it always makes more power on the second run with no cool down from the first. I even once,unplugged the fans and let it get up to 200+,and it only lost about 5hp....?

I agree on the dyno pulls. It seems to like 180ish for max power.

13 QTR
06-10-2009, 06:17 AM
I agree on the dyno pulls. It seems to like 180ish for max power.

I think on my best pull...it was around 192 degrees.

esinger
06-10-2009, 06:27 AM
Yeah, absolutely does not make sense to me. All I can say is that these hot afternoons would be a really bad time for Mopars and Mustangs to cross my path.

13 QTR
06-10-2009, 09:57 AM
Yeah, absolutely does not make sense to me. All I can say is that these hot afternoons would be a really bad time for Mopars and Mustangs to cross my path.

Not too disappoint....but I hope you have more than just the superchip tune.
If your talking about a srt-8 or the H.O. RT Challenger....their pretty strong.

Don't know about a stock stang...but one with a intake/tune and the 4.10 gear swap is pretty strong.....not as strong as me....me by 5 cars at 140.

ChicagoG8GT
06-10-2009, 01:12 PM
I kinda feel the same way about my car. Either way its a beast!!

esinger
06-10-2009, 03:42 PM
Not too disappoint....but I hope you have more than just the superchip tune.
If your talking about a srt-8 or the H.O. RT Challenger....their pretty strong.

Hey, wait a minute here!? I was told by the sales lady that these cars are sex on wheels:banana:

13 QTR
06-10-2009, 04:33 PM
Hey, wait a minute here!? I was told by the sales lady that these cars are sex on wheels:banana:

that they are....

What would you rather be doing....racing a challenger or :bjob::screw: in the G8?

The dodge boys have no choice but to race....all the :boobs: are in the G8's....

-Ray-
06-10-2009, 05:39 PM
Since I still have the AFM lifters, and have 19k miles on her, I wait for the oil to warm up before getting on her good.

grt08g8
06-10-2009, 05:44 PM
I know this sounds totally opposite from what it should be, but in the morning when the cars nice a cool it runs fine but not exceptional.

Lately it’s been getting pretty hot outside and when I get out of work it’s in the 90 degree range. Let me tell you, it behaves like a totally different car. It jumps off the line and is begging to go fast.

Anyone else have this same experience? It seems more logical for it to behave worse in the heat than better.
same here, mo'better in the heat:poof:

xfactor
06-10-2009, 08:44 PM
I've noticed the same in my GXP, especially the xmsn. If the outside air is below 50 and the car is not warm the xmsn is not as smooth. I feel a slight "catch" I guess between 1st and 2nd but I think the skip shift is what I feel.

Anyway, she likes it hot and hard and when I give it to her she returns the favor!

esinger
06-11-2009, 06:23 AM
Thanks guys, so I haven’t completely lost my marbles. It seems some cars do like it hot.

On a side note, I went to the gym yesterday and there’s a guy who’s a state patrol officer that works out there. Well he was on duty, but stopped by to shoot the chit with some of the guys in the gym and left his Hemi Charger patrol car idling outside while he was running his mouth (There’s my tax money going up in smoke). Anyway, I half thought about challenging him to see who’s car is quicker, but I’m not sure how cool he’d be if I beat him.