PDA

View Full Version : My RotoFab actually works!!!

jetmechinnc@yahoo.com
06-09-2009, 04:02 PM
I'm back to domestic cars from a long stay, first new car was a 91 formula firebird 5.0, at least they are way cheaper to mod than the european cars. Since then I've had VW turbo beetle with APR tune, BMW Z3 with shark tune and exhaust, R56 Mini Cooper S with exhaust, and now a 2009 G8 GT. The family mobile, at 38 yrs old. Well as soon as I popped the hood, the intake "muffler" had to go. Got the RotoFab intake to take care of that. Before I installed it, tried my IPhone app Dynolicious. Granted, I've spent more time on a road course than a drag strip, but, The G8 ran back to back 5.6 0-60 and 13.9 1/4 mile. Now, with the intake, I'm running 5.3 0-60 and 13.44 1/4 miles. Plus it sounds awesome. Very happy and easy to install.

GeoffA
06-09-2009, 04:41 PM
I'm back to domestic cars from a long stay, first new car was a 91 formula firebird 5.0, at least they are way cheaper to mod than the european cars. Since then I've had VW turbo beetle with APR tune, BMW Z3 with shark tune and exhaust, R56 Mini Cooper S with exhaust, and now a 2009 G8 GT. The family mobile, at 38 yrs old. Well as soon as I popped the hood, the intake "muffler" had to go. Got the RotoFab intake to take care of that. Before I installed it, tried my IPhone app Dynolicious. Granted, I've spent more time on a road course than a drag strip, but, The G8 ran back to back 5.6 0-60 and 13.9 1/4 mile. Now, with the intake, I'm running 5.3 0-60 and 13.44 1/4 miles. Plus it sounds awesome. Very happy and easy to install.

Sweet it really works...

I'm contemplating getting a roto fab (cause I want a maggie too) or a V-ram

DewieJr
06-09-2009, 04:42 PM
Great to hear you like it! The G8 is a car that really takes advantage of the intakes unlike some cars.

bobyoung
06-09-2009, 09:11 PM

Now all you need is a good tune.... well maybe a few more things that I don't have yet either.

Punisher
06-09-2009, 09:18 PM
I love mine too...felt the difference right away...and gotta love the sound

jmy
06-10-2009, 06:51 AM
Just installed my Rotofab last night and I have to say I love the sound as well. Simple install, great packaging and instructions, quality parts.

christiancoach
06-10-2009, 10:02 AM
I just installed mine this morning with the help of David and it sounds wonderful! At WOT is really has an aggressive, but not overpowering, sound.
Now if my tune would show back up in my e-mail this morning, I could get back to living my life!

Chewy
06-10-2009, 11:17 AM
I've had the Dynalicious app for almost a year and have never used it... My problem is you have to hold it completely still and that's hard to do when you're trying to drive.

jetmechinnc@yahoo.com
06-10-2009, 02:16 PM
I've had the Dynalicious app for almost a year and have never used it... My problem is you have to hold it completely still and that's hard to do when you're trying to drive.

I got an adjustable holder that sticks to your windshield from the Apple store. Spring loads open and shut to hold the phone even in a case. The arm adjusts as well as rotates the iphone if your passenger wants to watch a movie. Suction cup works very well as well.

christiancoach
06-10-2009, 02:47 PM
The VMS tune with Roto-Fab did wonders to my car!
I love me set up now!

dline
06-10-2009, 07:24 PM
good to hear!

jetmechinnc@yahoo.com
06-11-2009, 01:45 AM
I love me set up now!

did you do it yourself or get it done at their shop? Do you need a laptop I assume to do it yourself? If so, wonder if it's PC only. I've got a Mac.

swimman
06-11-2009, 02:29 AM
Sounds great. No I'm really confused as to which intake to get. Time will tell - and real soon!

Kirk@VectorMotorsports
06-11-2009, 06:27 AM
did you do it yourself or get it done at their shop? Do you need a laptop I assume to do it yourself? If so, wonder if it's PC only. I've got a Mac.

As of now it is PC only. The process is pretty simple though. We have over 200 FlashXpress and PowerFlash G8 tunes under our belt now.

beach
06-11-2009, 09:48 AM
I love me set up now!

Agreed...my same setup is AWESOME. Pussycat in general driving, still smooth, etc. but more efficient and with crisper power, then an abolute "holy hell" hard 2nd gear chirping monster that sounds Nascar like with the Roto-Fab if I push it at all. Love it, and especially this combo. I started with the tune at about 1000 miles so now I really don't even remember what it was like before...but don't care to know.

A tune and an intake like the Roto do delicious things for a G8:)

dukeofpg
06-13-2009, 08:29 AM
Does anyone know of a tuner in Utah that will adjust for CAI?

dline
06-13-2009, 10:09 AM
again very impressive