PDA

View Full Version : Wandering suspension?

breakinparts
06-09-2009, 11:53 AM
I am not sure what is going on with the car, but one day I started driving it and noticed a noticable difference in the cars handling. It feels sloppy out on the highway and I no longer feel confident going into corners. I am so pissed right now. I took the car into the dealership and they said they can find nothing wrong. I also have a light "squeaking" noise going up my driveway (which has bumps because it is gravel) Also, the rear end feels like it isn't as firm as it used to be and i feel it shift every once in awhile (which shouldnt be evident in IRS cars)

This is my first new car, and I am never buying a GM again. My car has been in and out of the shop more than I have drove it. I also think I have a rear main leak too. Fantastic work GM! I don't know what is going on.

:hang:

Panzer Leader
06-09-2009, 12:14 PM
Correct in your observations. I am taking my car to my private mechanic who is GM certified. He and I are going through the whole car. Will note any problems such as ball joints, struts, shocks, bearings, bushings, connecting rods, motor mounts etc. What is the problem? Is it the assembly, parts or both? I guess the only answer is to put the Pedders suspension on the damn car. BTW Bob Lutz, the whole GM team and the UAW can kiss my ass. Shut the plants down and turn them into roller rinks for all I care.

Panzer Leader
06-09-2009, 12:16 PM
BTW I think you meant wandering suspension but in fact both words apply.

Chewy
06-09-2009, 12:19 PM
Well it looks like your name fits... I hear ya... They are a bucket of rattles, squeaks and misfitting parts but I still love it every time I hammer it... Pedders makes an unbelievable difference...

Chris

Panzer Leader
06-09-2009, 01:12 PM
Well it looks like your name fits... I hear ya... They are a bucket of rattles, squeaks and misfitting parts but I still love it every time I hammer it... Pedders makes an unbelievable difference...

Chris

Chris you are correct "breakinparts" does describe the whole thing.:wacko:

norm8332
06-09-2009, 02:42 PM
The other side: I haven't had any of these issues and I'm not easy on it.

roSSco
06-09-2009, 04:02 PM
I noticed it after the 2nd alignment. I guess it's off a bit. I'll be getting new tires soon so it will be done again. Hopefully with better results next time.

beach
06-09-2009, 05:35 PM
My, aren't we positive today;)

breakinparts
06-12-2009, 04:16 AM
I'm usually fine with it all, but it is just getting rediculous. Luckily I have a really good service team, although they said they could find nothing wrong. It would of been nice if the service advisor would have listened to wtf I said in the first place. I am VERY close to saying screw it and demodding it, and selling it. Going back to having my 97 Ford F150 with 230+k as a daily driver because it has continued to prove it is a more reliable vehicle!!!!

When you pay 30k for a vehicle, you do not expect every thing to fall apart around you at 10k miles. I have already had to fix several issues myself as the service team could not. :poof:

Panzer Leader
06-12-2009, 05:00 PM
See my post on alignment. Now have major pull to right. Alignment to be redone Monday even if I have to go back to original values. After waiting nearly 3 weeks for the Pedders Washers, no fix.

norm8332
06-12-2009, 05:20 PM
I'm usually fine with it all, but it is just getting rediculous. Luckily I have a really good service team, although they said they could find nothing wrong. It would of been nice if the service advisor would have listened to wtf I said in the first place. I am VERY close to saying screw it and demodding it, and selling it. Going back to having my 97 Ford F150 with 230+k as a daily driver because it has continued to prove it is a more reliable vehicle!!!!

When you pay 30k for a vehicle, you do not expect every thing to fall apart around you at 10k miles. I have already had to fix several issues myself as the service team could not. :poof:

You might have a lemon. I have nearly 15,000 and only had 1 issue and most have had none.

breakinparts
06-13-2009, 04:58 AM
That would be just great. :hang:

DRCUSTOMPARTS
06-13-2009, 08:27 AM
I had the front lower control arms replaced and it fixed a rattle that I had. They aligned the car and it drives straight, maybe that's the problem with yours.

JoeSyko
06-13-2009, 09:09 AM
Mine suffered from a "Memory Steer" problem. Not sure if that's what you have with your wandering suspension. Every time I turned right, it pulled right. Turn left and it pulled left. There was a bulletin on it and they ended up replacing the upper strut bearings to fix it.

breakinparts
06-14-2009, 04:33 PM
I'm starting to get used to its sloppiness. Tossed the A/C belt the other day too... :spank: One day i'll pedderize it, but I think that is ridiculous to have to spend that much more money. I bet I would be happy, but I didn't plan on spending that kind of money on suspension.

DRCUSTOMPARTS
06-14-2009, 04:39 PM
Did you expect to get a car that handled like a CTS-V for half the cost? After spending some money on a Pedders upgrade your car will handle better than a GXP and cost a lot less than that too.

breakinparts
06-14-2009, 05:14 PM
Nope. I expected the car not to deteriorate dramatically in handling within 10k miles. One day it was just a night and day difference, not even looking for it. Just was driving it and "wtf"

norm8332
06-14-2009, 05:44 PM
It's too bad there isn't a way to prove to the dealer it's worse, because there is clearly a problem with your car...Maybe if you repeatedly insist...Find a dealer that isn't closing and make a stink.

breakinparts
06-14-2009, 06:19 PM
The car isn't as harsh over bumps, and there is a noticeable "squish" sound in the suspension when you go up a bump or incline. Does anyone else have this same noise?

-Ray-
06-14-2009, 06:54 PM
The car isn't as harsh over bumps, and there is a noticeable "squish" sound in the suspension when you go up a bump or incline. Does anyone else have this same noise?

Thats a common sound with struts and shocks. It's the sound of the oil going through the valves. The bits on the G8 are not gas.

DRCUSTOMPARTS
06-14-2009, 07:02 PM
You need to stop running over those poor little animals Ray. :no:

Chewy
06-15-2009, 06:00 AM

Thats a common sound with struts and shocks. It's the sound of the oil going through the valves. The bits on the G8 are not gas.

Had it stock but don't with Pedders... At least I can't hear it anymore...

I've STILL got a noise from the front right side. Only does it on pot hole type bumps but it sounds like SHAT!

Not sure what I'm going to do about it. My suspension warranty is null now with the pedders, even though it's still got some stock parts on it.

Chris

breakinparts
06-16-2009, 04:58 AM
Whats the best bang for the buck pedders kit? I'd like to lower too if I do this.

Chewy
06-16-2009, 05:20 AM
Really depends on what you want as an end result... I went with the Touring kit with OE spring height as I live in the salt belt and need the clearance.

I added some other goodies to it as well.

The Street II package gets high praise. It's the labor rate that kills you... Bushing install takes a lot of time...

Chris

GM_Fan
06-16-2009, 11:34 PM
With you being so close to Reeves. I'd take it to them and have them check it out and recommend if OEM or a Pedders part would solve your problems.

Just my 2 cents.

I'm heading over there Thursday or Friday to get some new parts installed. Great shop.

breakinparts
06-17-2009, 06:55 PM
I have taken it to them a few times. They can't find how my car drives any differently. Jamie knows me and knows I'm not crazy though. We will just have to figure it out. :)

mpneill
06-27-2009, 07:07 AM
Keep us updated. I felt like when I drove the car in the test drive it was pretty flat in the corners, now it feels like there is more body roll, like it isn't holding the line I'm steering. I'm pretty new to car's, especially when it comes to intricate things like suspensions, but does what I wrote sound like anything you guys are experiencing?

Panzer Leader
06-27-2009, 08:33 AM
Well boys and girls I ordered the Pedders Street II and the front/rear sway bars. Lets see what happens. Brian - Harris in Slidell, LA will install as they are a authorized Pedders Dealer.

BW G8GT
06-27-2009, 08:04 PM
I've STILL got a noise from the front right side. Only does it on pot hole type bumps but it sounds like SHAT!
Chris

I have same issue with right front of car. Makes thud sound and seems to bottom out when driving over deep pot holes.