PDA

View Full Version : Any update to iPod integration?

imrf
06-08-2009, 11:02 PM
Hi all. I debating about getting a G8 currently and I've been looking around and so far I haven't seen anyone having any success at getting a functional iPod integration kit yet. Am I right? Or is one out? I'm getting out of an Avalanche and would miss that terribly. Though my other car choice 09 Mailbu(laugh all you want, I like the car, plus it's cheaper, though I do have a way to get a G8 just as cheap) has a front USB connector, so it'll be there.

After reading through the forums and finding the amp mod, my worries about the horrible bass, or should I say horrifically distorted bass issue has been resolved by turning the subs up, I'm leaning more towards the G8, but the iPod is a big one for me. Though the BT on the BU will be nice.

p71
06-09-2009, 05:14 AM
Nope... other than the universal systems... I just run mine through the front aux jack

majesticix
06-09-2009, 05:30 AM
http://www.griffintechnology.com/products/tuneflex-aux-with-smartclick

Not perfect, but you can perform some basic functionality with the SmartClick

blackoutgt
06-10-2009, 09:23 PM
JHP VIM kit and a Tekkeon Navdock. Might take an hour or so of install, but looks like it works GRRRR8! So just stop debating and go with the gut instinct and get a G8.

imrf
06-10-2009, 10:02 PM
JHP VIM kit and a Tekkeon Navdock. Might take an hour or so of install, but looks like it works GRRRR8! So just stop debating and go with the gut instinct and get a G8.

Thanks for the suggestion, but that isn't what I'm looking for. I don't want a stop-gap solution. I want full integration. I saw what you're looking for, and IMO, looks kinda tacky.

I went with my gut instinct though, I pulled the trigger on the Malibu. The front USB works great with my iPod and has 3 lines of display. Much better than the integration kit for my Avalanche.