Price: 99.99
Purchased From: (URL) www.vectormotorsports.com

Installation: easy
Installation Time: 10 minutes
Any Installation Tips You Have: get a step bit

Quality of Part: 10
Product Performance: 8
Would you Recommend to Others: yes

Any Other Comments: I put off ordering a hsrk for a while now. I kind of viewed it as its not making me more hp so I dont want to bother. After going to the track recently and seeing the effect of heat soak on my times I decided it was time to bite the bullet. The kit was sooo easy to install. I think my wife could do it. The only reason I gave it an 8 instead of a 10 for product performance is I dont have a dashhawk or anything to read IAT temps so I'm not 100% sure how good the product is working. I took a 15 min test drive thou and the car didnt seem to get any slower after driving around hot like it usually does. :woohoo: Another great vector product.

One quick question to anyone that has one of these already. What did you do with the plugs and wiring. You can see in my pic mine just kind of hangs there, any suggestions on routing it or any place to put the maf/hsrk connector?

08G8V8
06-07-2009, 09:07 AM
I just installed my HSRK last week on my Vararam. The installation was easy, except it did take me some time to get the sensor inserted through the grommet.

My IAT temps were typically 20 degrees higher the AAT when driving, and when I was at idle, they would get up way hotter. Now, I am at or a couple degrees below AAT while driving, and the idle temps don't get nearly as hot since the sensor is further away from the original MAF location. The IAT temps drop really fast once I start driving, and they get down to AAT or below.

I am a newbie to this stuff, but my DashHawk shows my timing advance lower than they were before the HSRK install. I saw GTPprix state that it starts to pull timing at 86F. My IAT was always 90F+ before the install for the last few weeks. Now it is right at AAT which is typically below 86F for the Seattle area, except for the heat wave we had last week where we were in the upper 80's to low 90's. And since I was always reading 20 over AAT, it was always pulling timing.

As far as routing, I just zip tied the wire in a few locations to take the slack out of it.

dltv
06-07-2009, 05:14 PM
Neat, i dread drilling holes though.

GRRRR8
06-07-2009, 05:16 PM
Neat, i dread drilling holes though.

No worries. Pretty easy as its plastic.

fiveoh
06-07-2009, 05:24 PM
No worries. Pretty easy as its plastic.

Especially with a step bit.

bobyoung
06-07-2009, 08:30 PM
Especially with a step bit.

Yup, with the step bit anyone can do it. Just be careful and check it a few times so you don't make the hole too big.

SpeedRacerX
06-07-2009, 09:19 PM
I have a Vararam. I haven't done any racing yet at Atco. I will run a couple times once I get my Tune just to see what the car can do with CAI, Catback, and Tune.

If I'm not doing a lot of quarter-mile runs, do I need this - the HSRK?

It does get hot and humid in Jersey from now through Sept/Oct.

fiveoh
06-08-2009, 05:24 AM
I have a Vararam. I haven't done any racing yet at Atco. I will run a couple times once I get my Tune just to see what the car can do with CAI, Catback, and Tune.

If I'm not doing a lot of quarter-mile runs, do I need this - the HSRK?

It does get hot and humid in Jersey from now through Sept/Oct.

I am in the same boat. My car is a daily driver and will only see the track 3-4x a year. The HSRK helps keep the car from pulling timing(which= slower car and can even affect fuel mileage from what I hear). If you only want the car to run at its best at the track then I guess this isnt for you but I like my car running grrrr8 all the time.

GRRRR8
06-08-2009, 05:54 AM
A bone stock everyday driver benefits from a HSRK. Before the IAT sensor was incorporated in the MAF, it was mounted like an HSRK. The benefit of the HSRK is its a faster responding sensor as well.

SpeedRacerX
06-08-2009, 07:49 AM
Sounds good to me. That's all I needed to know. Even if it helps day to day, I'm in.

Punisher
06-08-2009, 08:33 AM
Yup, with the step bit anyone can do it. Just be careful and check it a few times so you don't make the hole too big.

I see you have the roto-fab cai and hsrk combo....do have any picks...I'm going to purchase hsrk but had read that a hole had to get drilled for intallation

GRRRR8
06-08-2009, 08:43 AM
If you get the Vector kit just come by the shop and I will put it in for you.

grandmacpubah
06-08-2009, 09:55 AM

LUCKY!!!!!!:disgust:

WhyteSS
06-08-2009, 11:55 AM
I need to get this hsrk with all the heat down here !!!

mtolivecracker
06-08-2009, 11:57 AM
I ordered mine recently and have to put in the Vararam this week before a tune on Saturday,

Here's my question:

The grommet that i got with the kit has a hole with like 1/4" diameter, which is just enough to slip in the very end of the sensor where the ball is, but the actual shaft which i understand is supposed to be inside the intake is 1/2". Can the grommet really stretch that far? its some really hard rubber.

GRRRR8
06-08-2009, 12:11 PM
It will go with a little lube. (That is going to get some comments!) You can open the hole a little more so the grommet will spread easier.

Devilish34
06-08-2009, 12:17 PM
It will go with a little lube. (That is going to get some comments!) You can open the hole a little more so the grommet will spread easier.

Thats what she said lol

mtolivecracker
06-08-2009, 01:12 PM
haha, how can a topic of sticking something into a tight hole not go that way.

GRRRR8
06-08-2009, 01:15 PM
Thats what she said lol

I knew it would probably be you!

haha, how can a topic of sticking something into a tight hole not go that way.

We are men, very preverted and predictable! :woohoo:

wreckwriter
06-08-2009, 01:16 PM
Back to topic :)

Start the sensor in the hole in the grommet before you put the grommet in it's hole.

grandmacpubah
06-08-2009, 01:17 PM
the look on your wife's face when you bust out the lube for other "projects" around the house would be classic though...I can see the eyes rolling now lol

GRRRR8
06-08-2009, 01:21 PM
the look on your wife's face when you bust out the lube for other "projects" around the house would be classic though...I can see the eyes rolling now lol

"But honey.....its not what you think!" Wife: " You spend more time with that car then you do me so you might as well be having sex with it!"

Devilish34
06-08-2009, 01:47 PM
I knew it would probably be you!

We are men, very preverted and predictable! :woohoo:

Didn't want to disappoint

mtolivecracker
06-08-2009, 02:41 PM
"But honey.....its not what you think!" Wife: " You spend more time with that car then you do me so you might as well be having sex with it!"

haha, that sounds so familiar that its spooky.

Thanks Wreck, i figured itd get a decent amount bigger with the sensor inside so then ill whip out the old caliper and figure out the drill bit size. Back to the garage...

fiveoh
06-08-2009, 02:43 PM
I didnt have to lube mine up just shoved it in dry. Just use a little force.

GRRRR8
06-08-2009, 04:21 PM
I didnt have to lube mine up just shoved it in dry. Just use a little force.

I bet she loved you the next morning! :footstomp: :surprise: :eek:

Devilish34
06-08-2009, 04:46 PM
back to topic :)

start the sensor in the hole in the grommet before you put the grommet in it's hole.

fail!!

mtolivecracker
06-08-2009, 05:08 PM
once this train leaves the station, it doesnt stop

SpeedRacerX
06-08-2009, 05:29 PM
WTF.

One minute the Vector HSRK is in my shopping cart and I'm ready to buy the thing; then 30 seconds later the online store is telling me there is zero stock! :poof:

Punisher
06-08-2009, 10:00 PM

Thanx man:woohoo:...I'll defnetinely do that, but I'll let you know before I go incase you're busy...I havent bought it yet but def this week

mtolivecracker
06-09-2009, 06:15 AM
WTF.

One minute the Vector HSRK is in my shopping cart and I'm ready to buy the thing; then 30 seconds later the online store is telling me there is zero stock! :poof:

When i ordered mine it was out of stock too. It only took a week for them to resupply and the shipping was instant.

08G8V8
06-09-2009, 06:34 AM
WTF.

Just put your email in the box and they will send you an email once it is back in stock. My email came within a couple days. Seems like they go through these pretty fast. Not sure how many they get made at a time.

dukeofpg
06-09-2009, 02:43 PM
Back to topic :)

Start the sensor in the hole in the grommet before you put the grommet in it's hole.

That is just how my Dad told me to do it a long time ago

WARLOCK
06-09-2009, 10:20 PM
As I recall in my HP tuners there is a set of parameters for retard vs INTAKE temps. So why not just tweek that table? I mean I get it.. doing that is more of a bandaid where this is mod is an actual fix. but my hp tuners wouldn't cost anything to just adjust the timing pull. furthermore has anyone running a canned tune asked the tuner if this mod will effect the tunes..affectivness..

Punisher
06-12-2009, 09:42 AM
HSRK now available!.....I just bought mine

SpeedRacerX
06-12-2009, 09:56 AM
Me too and it shipped already :woohoo:

09silvergxp
06-12-2009, 10:15 AM
I just order mine and 30 minutes later it was shipped!!!!

Punisher
06-12-2009, 10:41 AM
I just order mine and 30 minutes later it was shipped!!!!

Yea...I ordered mine and 15 minutes later I got the order status change email....:woohoo:

BigV8
06-12-2009, 09:17 PM
If you get the Vector kit just come by the shop and I will put it in for you.Charlie, where on the roto-fab are you putting the hrsk? Before the maf in the air box? Thanks

mtolivecracker
06-13-2009, 04:43 AM
Yea...I ordered mine and 15 minutes later I got the order status change email....:woohoo:

They move these quick as hell, itll be at your door b4 you know it. I was pretty impressed by the quickness of their moves.

Blackrider
06-13-2009, 09:21 AM
As I recall in my HP tuners there is a set of parameters for retard vs INTAKE temps. So why not just tweek that table? I mean I get it.. doing that is more of a bandaid where this is mod is an actual fix. but my hp tuners wouldn't cost anything to just adjust the timing pull. furthermore has anyone running a canned tune asked the tuner if this mod will effect the tunes..affectivness..

You can do that, but the sensor still won't respond as quick as the VMS sensor.

TouchOfGray
06-15-2009, 09:56 AM
Has anyone installed the Vector HSRK with a NEP/OTR? There's not a lot of space to install the sensor, and I'm not sure of what the benefit would be if any. :)

08G8V8
06-15-2009, 10:10 AM
Has anyone installed the Vector HSRK with a NEP/OTR? There's not a lot of space to install the sensor, and I'm not sure of what the benefit would be if any. :)

http://forum.grrrr8.net/showpost.php?p=101361&postcount=10

You could PM Jesse (grandmacpubah) and he can give you more info. I know he posted about this in another thread describing what he did.

TouchOfGray
06-15-2009, 12:57 PM
Thanks, I'll send a note.

wreckwriter
06-15-2009, 01:00 PM
Anyone put an HSRK on a Procharger yet?

G8GT594
06-15-2009, 01:01 PM
Anyone put an HSRK on a Procharger yet?

Not that I know of but you should be first...
BlackBerry8330/4.5.0.77 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105

r1owner
06-15-2009, 06:22 PM
Sorry if this has already been talked about, but I didn't see it anywhere... I already have a VMS tune for the Vararam. If I install a HSRK, will I need to update the tune?

wreckwriter
06-16-2009, 03:58 AM
Sorry if this has already been talked about, but I didn't see it anywhere... I already have a VMS tune for the Vararam. If I install a HSRK, will I need to update the tune?

No.

SpeedRacerX
06-17-2009, 12:03 PM
Received my Vector HSRK yesterday. Put it on last night. Very quick and easy as long as you size the (grommet-into-Vararam) hole properly to match the outer diameter of the grommet's groove.

Nice piece. Quality fit. I'm sure it's doing its job.

steve b.
06-18-2009, 05:09 PM
where is the cheapest place to buy this. thanks steve b.

Gris
06-18-2009, 05:37 PM
Anyone know of a good (OEM appearing) plug to seal the hole where the HSRK was if it's removed?

08G8V8
06-18-2009, 06:24 PM
where is the cheapest place to buy this. thanks steve b.

This is sold by Vector Motorsports.

http://www.vectormotorsports.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=63&category_id=41&manufacturer_id=0&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=28