PDA

View Full Version : GXP Mods

xfactor
09-10-2008, 05:43 PM
Alright, I know it's early but when I get something on my mind I cant stop. I was looking at the thread with the pix of the GXP that an engineer drove home and started to think, I wonder what mods will be available? Then it hit me, it's the same car just different powerplant... what about the powerplants are the same??? So I pulled a couple of pix of the powerplants you guys have posted. The airbox and tubing is the same! You can use any of the existing CAI kits which lead me to believe that you could also use the HSRK mod... Look at it and let me know what you think, I think it would work but I just work on turbine powerplants not I'm not too piston savvy. GRRRR8, Wreckwriter, whatca think? Any other ideas????

GRRRR8
09-10-2008, 05:54 PM
Every single bolt on will be the same except for tuning.

Andy@Livernois
09-10-2008, 06:01 PM
and if it's a stick car cam swaps will be much easier :D

xfactor
02-09-2009, 07:44 PM
Okay, so we are a lot closer now. Should pick up my GXP M6 this weekend! So, I ask this question: "If it was your car what would be the first mods you would do and why?"

Thanks in advance for all of your input.

X

GRRRR8
02-09-2009, 07:48 PM
CAI/Longtubes/and a tune. Best bang for the buck.

todds87ss
02-09-2009, 07:52 PM
and if it's a stick car cam swaps will be much easier :D

Is this due to DOD?

GRRRR8
02-09-2009, 07:58 PM
Is this due to DOD?

No. He wont have to worry about a converter.

GeorgeInNePa
02-09-2009, 08:10 PM
No. He wont have to worry about a converter.

Of course once you get some serious power to the wheels and some sticky tires on it, you learn what people mean when they talk about "driving through the clutch".

;)

'02 ws6
02-10-2009, 04:12 PM
Then people will start "driving through the IRS" w/ too many 4000+rpm dumps/launches on those manual cars.

MtbDoc
02-10-2009, 04:58 PM
I would guess that the clutch will be plenty stout for quite a while. When I pulled the LS2 clutch of my GTO to install the RPS, there was little evidence of wear, and it had been driven HARD with the original STS setup on it (including some 1/4 mile runs).

GeorgeInNePa
02-10-2009, 05:09 PM
Then people will start "driving through the IRS" w/ too many 4000+rpm dumps/launches on those manual cars.

I've been doing a lot of reading on LS1.com.au and I haven't found a lot of complaints about the IRS in the VE. They've been beating on this rear and drivetrain for 2 years longer than us.

I have a thread on there asking for stories about the drivetrain failures they've had and so far it looks promising.

GeorgeInNePa
02-10-2009, 05:10 PM
I would guess that the clutch will be plenty stout for quite a while. When I pulled the LS2 clutch of my GTO to install the RPS, there was little evidence of wear, and it had been driven HARD with the original STS setup on it (including some 1/4 mile runs).

I'm surprised, usually the factory clutches start slipping with a serious amount of traction and horsepower.

;)