PDA

View Full Version : The Detroit News Yesterday

Rick Maddux
06-05-2009, 09:15 AM
I wanted to post this for all of you who love your G8's. Finally someone has recognized what a GRRRRR8 car it is. Although it is based on the GXP, It is still a positive reflection of our cars. I hope you enjoy it!

09G8GT/Rick:)

Auto Writer Calls G8 GXP Most Exciting Pontiac Ever
Detroit News automotive writer Scott Burgess reviews the Pontiac G8 GXP in today’s newspaper and he absolutely loves the 402-horsepower four-door sedan. He writes, "It doesn't idle; it rumbles defiantly against a growing world of four-cylinders. It's a stylish sedan, but not over the top. Instead of exaggerated swooping lines or bubbly fenders, the G8 takes a staid approach to its exterior. The 19-inch sticky summer tires fit snuggly into the wheel wells. The blacked out A-pillars make the glass look like it stretches all the way to the back of the car."
Burgess said the G8 GXP doesn’t just look good, it drives good. "The G8 GXP possesses more power and abilities under its sheet metal than anyone needs on America's streets. Zero to 60 mph in 4.7 seconds and a quarter mile time in 13 seconds flat. The G8 is a beast disguised as a sedan, poised to crush cross-town traffic."

In the final analysis Burgess gives the G8 GXP a top rating of four stars. Copy and past or clink on the link below to read what he thinks of the interior and his one regret about the G8 GXP.

http://www.detnews.com/article/20090604/OPINION03/906040339/2009-G8-GXP-a-grand-epitaph-for-Pontiac

'02 ws6
06-05-2009, 09:23 AM
It seems to be quite a popular car I know that! I have yet to hear somebody with first-hand knowledge say they dislike a G8 no matter which one it is, Sedan, GT, and GXP.
BlackBerry8830/4.2.2 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/104

Panzer Leader
06-05-2009, 01:04 PM
Would the last GM employee leaving the building please remember to lower the flag.

Slizzo
06-05-2009, 06:22 PM
I wanted to post this for all of you who love your G8's. Finally someone has recognized what a GRRRRR8 car it is. Although it is based on the GXP, It is still a positive reflection of our cars. I hope you enjoy it!

09G8GT/Rick:)

Auto Writer Calls G8 GXP Most Exciting Pontiac Ever
Detroit News automotive writer Scott Burgess reviews the Pontiac G8 GXP in today’s newspaper and he absolutely loves the 402-horsepower four-door sedan. He writes, "It doesn't idle; it rumbles defiantly against a growing world of four-cylinders. It's a stylish sedan, but not over the top. Instead of exaggerated swooping lines or bubbly fenders, the G8 takes a staid approach to its exterior. The 19-inch sticky summer tires fit snuggly into the wheel wells. The blacked out A-pillars make the glass look like it stretches all the way to the back of the car."
Burgess said the G8 GXP doesn’t just look good, it drives good. "The G8 GXP possesses more power and abilities under its sheet metal than anyone needs on America's streets. Zero to 60 mph in 4.7 seconds and a quarter mile time in 13 seconds flat. The G8 is a beast disguised as a sedan, poised to crush cross-town traffic."

In the final analysis Burgess gives the G8 GXP a top rating of four stars. Copy and past or clink on the link below to read what he thinks of the interior and his one regret about the G8 GXP.

http://www.detnews.com/article/20090604/OPINION03/906040339/2009-G8-GXP-a-grand-epitaph-for-Pontiac

But it's not 402 horsepower. Certainly a rag that is based in Detroit does it's research when writing an article? :spank:

-Ray-
06-06-2009, 05:53 AM
PM got it wrong too!
http://www.popularmechanics.com/blogs/automotive_news/4219355.html

dline
06-10-2009, 10:16 AM
Guess i need to read my local paper more often