PDA

View Full Version : GXP Suspension vs GT Suspension

crazysammi
06-04-2009, 10:55 AM
I have been trying to find out what differences if any there are between the GXP and the GT suspenison. I want to get the Pedders G8 Track Extreme Xa Fully Adjustable Coilovers, yet I am not sure if it will match up exactly.

Thank you for any input!

Greg@PacePerformance
06-04-2009, 11:15 AM
Struts/springs/bushings. That should be about it. The Pedders kit should bolt on with out issue.

GT G8
06-05-2009, 01:47 PM
So which Pedders kit is superior to the standard GXP suspension?

-Ray-
06-05-2009, 02:02 PM
Struts/springs/bushings. That should be about it. The Pedders kit should bolt on with out issue.

Sway bars the same?

The Pedders bushings are.

dv327
06-06-2009, 05:51 AM
Are the GXP struts the same as the GT? Are the springs the same? Is there any difference in the size of the sway bars?

beach
06-06-2009, 07:55 AM
Are the GXP struts the same as the GT? Are the springs the same? Is there any difference in the size of the sway bars?

Front struts are gas charged, the springs are a tiny hair stiffer, and the sway bars a hair thicker. Overall, a positive change, but not enough to be much changed real world over a GT. Better, but still the same core issues of bushings and such.

Anything Pedders is superior performance wise over the stock bits, but as said the bushings front and rear are the key low hanging fruit whether it be a V6, a GT, or a GXP. They all have the same wriggly open back end bushings and varied front end issues from pre-crushed strut bushings and such. If you like the ride and handling of a GXP as it is, Pedders bushings alone would make a notable difference, rear diff, rear subframe, front radius rods, and strut bushings/bearings. If you then want more regarding the ride and handling control, flatter turning, etc., struts, springs, and bars would be next.

Panzer Leader
06-06-2009, 11:52 AM
Front struts are gas charged, the springs are a tiny hair stiffer, and the sway bars a hair thicker. Overall, a positive change, but not enough to be much changed real world over a GT. Better, but still the same core issues of bushings and such.

Anything Pedders is superior performance wise over the stock bits, but as said the bushings front and rear are the key low hanging fruit whether it be a V6, a GT, or a GXP. They all have the same wriggly open back end bushings and varied front end issues from pre-crushed strut bushings and such. If you like the ride and handling of a GXP as it is, Pedders bushings alone would make a notable difference, rear diff, rear subframe, front radius rods, and strut bushings/bearings. If you then want more regarding the ride and handling control, flatter turning, etc., struts, springs, and bars would be next.

Very good. Clears up some questions that I had. Thanks Beach.

dv327
06-06-2009, 05:44 PM
I have the Street I on my car. I can buy GXP struts, shocks, and springs at a very reasonable cost. Would this help my handling?Would the Pedders springs work better with the GXP struts and shocks?

beach
06-06-2009, 07:37 PM
I have the Street I on my car. I can buy GXP struts, shocks, and springs at a very reasonable cost. Would this help my handling?Would the Pedders springs work better with the GXP struts and shocks?

They'll make a marginal difference at best, to the extent that they make the GXP better but if you're going to spend the dough to start changing such big things out, I'd recommend going with pieces that really will make a change...not just barely one.

These bits make the GXP as stock a little better than a stock GT, but are nothing worth spending the dough on to "upgrade" your GT with unless you get them free from someone Pedderizing their GXP, etc. Drive a stock GT and a stock GXP back to back at a dealer or elsewhere to see for yourself, if you notice much.