PDA

View Full Version : Who's got Baer's?

the driver
06-03-2009, 07:51 PM
I'd like to hear a few reviews on the Baer front and rear setups.
How long have you had them?
How are they performing? .
What kind of pads are you using?
Anybody run them on a road course yet?

I'm thinking that this will be my next big mod. My rotors are taking on a Stealth Blue hue.:oops: It's either this or suspension, and I think I'd rather tackle these first.

They wouldn't, by any chance, offer them with just slotted rotors as opposed to the drilled/slotted rotors, would they?

GT G8
06-03-2009, 08:59 PM
+1

JoeSyko
06-04-2009, 07:37 AM
Check with Haddad Motorsports. I believe he has/had Baer brakes on his monster of a G8.

zosoboogie
06-04-2009, 01:22 PM

I'm thinking that this will be my next big mod. My rotors are taking on a Stealth Blue hue.:oops: It's either this or suspension, and I think I'd rather tackle these first.

They wouldn't, by any chance, offer them with just slotted rotors as opposed to the drilled/slotted rotors, would they?

I got them:
My review is short and sweet but to the point.
1. Just Front
2. Since I bought them in February.
3. Performing see following two pictures:

http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm102/zosoboogie/CHINSEBRING006.jpg

http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm102/zosoboogie/CHINSEBRING009.jpg

4. Pads was using ones that came with them BUT will be installing EBC yellows!!
5. Sebring, see pictures
Homestead/Miami on July 18!!

HaddadMotorsports
06-04-2009, 04:38 PM

These brakes were designed on our car. We have had them on the car for over a year now. They are phenomenal in every way. The car spent over one month over at baer making sure everything came out proper. The fluid displacement is within 5% of factory in order to keep ABS operation perfectly. You can even rotate the rotors from front to rear, (you just have to swap the hats.)

http://www.haddadmotorsports.com/catalog/g8-brakes-c-65_143.html

Please feel free to call us with any questions.

Thanks
Mike Haddad
310-412-8032

the driver
06-04-2009, 07:56 PM
Thanks Zoso!! Awesome pics, by the way. You a James Bond fan?:)

I appreciate the info Mike. It's good to know that the system was designed on a G8, rather than just for a G8. I know some manufacturers that just like to sell kits that fit, but not actually test them. You're pricing is pretty aggressive, too. I'll be in touch soon.

zosoboogie
06-04-2009, 08:32 PM
Thanks Zoso!! Awesome pics, by the way. You a James Bond fan?:)

I appreciate the info Mike. It's good to know that the system was designed on a G8, rather than just for a G8. I know some manufacturers that just like to sell kits that fit, but not actually test them. You're pricing is pretty aggressive, too. I'll be in touch soon.

fan, what if I am James Bond, no just kidding Yes, Yes I am!

MtbDoc
06-10-2009, 09:44 AM
Zoso: I didn't realize that you were only running the front brakes. How is the balance? Any concerns? Any plans for the rear Baers?

zosoboogie
07-03-2009, 07:56 AM
I am think about don't the rears as well but then I have to sell the mickey thompsons drag redials that I haven't used yet because they wouldn't clear the brakes!! Then I would have to get drag radials in 18's as well!

Did anyone get the rears? Other than Haddad!

RB Designs
07-03-2009, 09:35 AM
I have frt. and rears with EBC yellow pads. They work awesome with no issues at track speeds of 150mph. You will like them ! They take C6 pads.

zosoboogie
07-03-2009, 12:32 PM
sweet

christiancoach
07-03-2009, 01:23 PM
Maybe I missed it, but I couldn't find a direct link or reference on the Baer site. What is the brakes designed for and on our G8's?
I can't stand the way the stock brakes look!

zosoboogie
07-03-2009, 01:48 PM
http://www.baer.com/announcements/20081010/index.php

fiveoh
07-03-2009, 02:40 PM
How do these compare to the Brembos on the gxp? Better or worse? Recommended for a DD or only for road courses?

Also the website says fits factory 18" wheels... what about the 19's?

zosoboogie
07-03-2009, 02:48 PM
I think they are way better than the brembos gxp bc I think the gxps are 4 piston as the baers are 6 piston! Mine is a daily driver but I also take it to track day. As for the wheels it clears nothing less than 18s so it doesn't clear 17s!

fiveoh
07-03-2009, 02:50 PM
I think they are way better than the brembos gxp bc I think the gxps are 4 piston as the baers are 6 piston! Mine is a daily driver but I also take it to track day. As for the wheels it clears nothing less than 18s so it doesn't clear 17s!

Good info thanks. Can you tell a big difference between them and the stock GT brakes in daily driving? I'm thinking when its time for a brake job I might just put this kit on.

zosoboogie
07-03-2009, 02:59 PM
from 60mph maybe a difference from 10-15 feet or a reaction of "Aww crap I going to hit that car" to " my face was going to rip off, braking so hard"!!

christiancoach
07-03-2009, 09:43 PM
Am I reading this right? $1895 PER AXLE? So to run a full set up I am looking at over $4000? Ouch!

syP
07-04-2009, 09:17 PM
welcome to owning a limited production car ;)

HaddadMotorsports
07-07-2009, 09:15 AM
Guys these brakes are sick. They are much better than either the stock gt brakes and the factory brembos. If you look at the price for the aftermarket brembo brakes you'll note that the baers are actually a steal. For those of you that aren't road racing the cars, I would recommend just doing the fronts.

Thanks
Mike Haddad

zosoboogie
07-07-2009, 10:04 AM
So if I were to road race then I should to the rears too?

Rich@pm-fl.com
07-07-2009, 11:10 AM
The rears would help you out on the road race course. Do you absolutely need them? Maybe.. I would get a few more runs in and see how the car reacts with the new pads first, then decide if you think you need the rears.

HaddadMotorsports
07-07-2009, 12:37 PM
So if I were to road race then I should to the rears too?

Its not a must but the answer would be yes.

Thanks
Mike Haddad

christiancoach
07-07-2009, 02:41 PM
Guys these brakes are sick. They are much better than either the stock gt brakes and the factory brembos. If you look at the price for the aftermarket brembo brakes you'll note that the baers are actually a steal. For those of you that aren't road racing the cars, I would recommend just doing the fronts.

Thanks
Mike Haddad

I like your suggestion except I was thinking of going with the chrome caliper with red lettering. Thought it might look silly with a really nice caliper in front and the crap stock one in back. Guess I better start saving my pennies!

Steve
07-07-2009, 02:46 PM
I Agree with you there Tony - if I had the $$ i'd be all over these, but I definitely would both at the same time. This front only thing just looks wrong to me lol

the driver
07-11-2009, 08:28 AM
Am I reading this right? $1895 PER AXLE? So to run a full set up I am looking at over $4000? Ouch!

Just to be clear....that is NOT a lot of money for a good brake setup. If we're talking Cavaliers here, then yes. But these are 2-ton cars with pretty decent brakes from the factory. A real upgrade is going to cost real money, especially if you want said upgrade to come from a reputable company (Baer, Brembo, Stoptech, etc..).

Now, the Brembo kits....that's a different story.:nah: