PDA

View Full Version : Pics from my track day

HuskerG8
06-03-2009, 05:32 PM
Just got some pics from my first track day. These are from Motorsport Ranch just southwest of Fort Worth.

GeoffA
06-03-2009, 05:34 PM
Damn look at that body role, COOL pics

Time to get PEDDERIZED

HuskerG8
06-03-2009, 05:41 PM
Yeah, that is one of the next items on the list. I would like to ride in one that has it to feel the difference. Just need to find someone in my area.

DRCUSTOMPARTS
06-03-2009, 05:48 PM
Wow that one wheel traction can't be too good for handling in the corners. I would say your car definitely needs some stiffer swaybars too.

learjet60
06-03-2009, 05:54 PM
Cool pics, thanks for sharing!

-Ray-
06-03-2009, 06:32 PM
Yeah, that is one of the next items on the list. I would like to ride in one that has it to feel the difference. Just need to find someone in my area.

You don't have your area listed in your profile.

09-G8-GT
06-04-2009, 01:09 AM
That looks like a lot of fun, thanks for sharing.

55belairgasser
06-04-2009, 06:20 AM
3rd pic. looks like you are spanking the red 3 series BMW - nice. - Lance

G8GT721
06-04-2009, 03:48 PM
cool looks like alot of fun, and the first picture makes it look like your front left is off the ground

R.Penguin
06-04-2009, 03:53 PM
Not very many stock 4 dr. sedans that will do anything close to that without lot's of $.

Good show.:p

JMH
06-04-2009, 05:22 PM
Thanks for the post Husker. Did you change out the brake pads and fluid? If not how did the stock setup do?

HuskerG8
06-04-2009, 05:47 PM
Here are a couple of other pics with some other vehicles in the picture.

G8GT721
Yeah, that first pic it does look like the wheel is off the ground. I did catch the curb in the inside of the corner one time. Maybe that is what happened in that shot.

JMK
I changed the front pads to Hawk HPS. I changed the fluid to ATE Super Blue. Everything else is stock except for my Roto-Fab. For tire pressures, I would run 36 to 38 in the front. In the rear I would go 39 to 41. I really didn't know what to use. The folks running the event said I should start with what the manual says. The rears would usually wind up about 44 to 45. The fronts would wind up about 42 to 43.

The brakes would fade pretty good. Before I go next time, I am going to change the rear pads as well and get stainless steel lines. I will also try one of the Motul fluids. My stock rear pads don't dust normally and during this they produced a fair amount. Nothing like the fronts though. The front rims were covered as you can tell from some of pics.

Overall the car handled pretty good to me. This was my first time doing this in any vehicle - so I don't have much to compare to. Its just amazing to me the speed you can carry in the corners. My instructor was yelling Gas!Gas!Gas! everytime while I had a huge grin on my face.

I have some more info and a dashhawk image in thread in the Track Racing section. Nugget has some good info in the thread from his track experience as well.

http://forum.grrrr8.net/showthread.php?t=7172&page=2

01350ta
06-04-2009, 06:12 PM
Looks like a fun day, thanks for the great pics.

NickFormicola
06-05-2009, 12:19 PM
Hahaha, that first picture I can see you smiling big! :)

zosoboogie
06-05-2009, 12:29 PM
Here are a couple of other pics with some other vehicles in the picture.

G8GT721
Yeah, that first pic it does look like the wheel is off the ground. I did catch the curb in the inside of the corner one time. Maybe that is what happened in that shot.

JMK
I changed the front pads to Hawk HPS. I changed the fluid to ATE Super Blue. Everything else is stock except for my Roto-Fab. For tire pressures, I would run 36 to 38 in the front. In the rear I would go 39 to 41. I really didn't know what to use. The folks running the event said I should start with what the manual says. The rears would usually wind up about 44 to 45. The fronts would wind up about 42 to 43.

The brakes would fade pretty good. Before I go next time, I am going to change the rear pads as well and get stainless steel lines. I will also try one of the Motul fluids. My stock rear pads don't dust normally and during this they produced a fair amount. Nothing like the fronts though. The front rims were covered as you can tell from some of pics.

Overall the car handled pretty good to me. This was my first time doing this in any vehicle - so I don't have much to compare to. Its just amazing to me the speed you can carry in the corners. My instructor was yelling Gas!Gas!Gas! everytime while I had a huge grin on my face.

I have some more info and a dashhawk image in thread in the Track Racing section. Nugget has some good info in the thread from his track experience as well.

http://forum.grrrr8.net/showthread.php?t=7172&page=2

that looked like fun I can't wait until my next track day in Homestead!!