PDA

View Full Version : Best seattle area dealers for service?

grandmacpubah
06-02-2009, 08:55 PM
I'd like to get a thread going here to see where you guys are having your G8's serviced and what your experiences have been. Also, what the dealer's stance has been on your mods.

If there is a good mod friendly dealer I would travel to it even if it's outside the immediate seattle area.

With that said...my only experience so far has been at Revord in Everett where I bought the car...I got my first oil change there. I asked for synthetic said I would pay for the difference (they give you 3 free oil changes with the car) and they put dino oil in lol.

Kai is one of the service writers there and seems like a good guy...when I asked him about mods he said he was there to help get the car fixed not void my warranty.

I thought that was a great response, but I have no idea how good their service actually is.

Seattle09GT
06-02-2009, 09:30 PM
I have dealt with Seaview Chevrolet/GMC/Buick/Pontiac since 2000, bought two vehicles from them, have had four serviced. They've been outstanding to deal with, and never gritched about the mods I had on my Grand Prix.

08G8V8
06-03-2009, 05:55 AM
I had a 1997 Tahoe that I bought at Seaview. I moved to Georgia for a short time, and then pulled a Uhaul trailer all the way back. Every time I stopped for gas along the way, I checked all my fluids, especially the coolant because I was concerned about over heating. So, a 3000 mile trip, refilling every 350 miles, I checked and made sure my RED Dexcool was to the proper level.

I get back to the PNW, and take my Tahoe in to have the transmission flushed and the radiator flushed. Pick up the Tahoe and they replaced the Dexcool with regualr green anti-freeze. I didn't notice until after I left and went to the gas station to re-fuel, and I checked my fluids and noticed the green anti-freeze. I took it back to them to get their explanation, and they stated they "only put the green stuff in because that is what came out when we drained it." They finally agreed to flush it and re-do it properly, but it took a big fight. I don't understand why they were so set on not wanting to replace it, when all GM vehicles run Dexcool. It wasn't like I was trying to screw them out of the more expensive coolant, only wanting the correct stuff in the vehicle that GM requires.

This experience did not sit well with me. This was just one experience, but enough for me to not go back. I'm sure others have had no problems with Seaview, but I just wanted to share my experience with them.

Revord seems to be good from talking with Kai. I asked about CAI and he said they are fine with them provided the MAF is not affected due to over-oiling. I guess I will find out in the next week or so when I take the car back in for a free oil change and get the recall noticed addressed. They had no issue with my Cat-back when I took it into them to show them. Kai told me "we aren't the GM Police". But you never know....

Seattle09GT
06-03-2009, 07:37 AM
I had a 1997 Tahoe that I bought at Seaview. I moved to Georgia for a short time, and then pulled a Uhaul trailer all the way back. Every time I stopped for gas along the way, I checked all my fluids, especially the coolant because I was concerned about over heating. So, a 3000 mile trip, refilling every 350 miles, I checked and made sure my RED Dexcool was to the proper level.

I get back to the PNW, and take my Tahoe in to have the transmission flushed and the radiator flushed. Pick up the Tahoe and they replaced the Dexcool with regualr green anti-freeze. I didn't notice until after I left and went to the gas station to re-fuel, and I checked my fluids and noticed the green anti-freeze. I took it back to them to get their explanation, and they stated they "only put the green stuff in because that is what came out when we drained it." They finally agreed to flush it and re-do it properly, but it took a big fight. I don't understand why they were so set on not wanting to replace it, when all GM vehicles run Dexcool. It wasn't like I was trying to screw them out of the more expensive coolant, only wanting the correct stuff in the vehicle that GM requires.

This experience did not sit well with me. This was just one experience, but enough for me to not go back. I'm sure others have had no problems with Seaview, but I just wanted to share my experience with them.

Revord seems to be good from talking with Kai. I asked about CAI and he said they are fine with them provided the MAF is not affected due to over-oiling. I guess I will find out in the next week or so when I take the car back in for a free oil change and get the recall noticed addressed. They had no issue with my Cat-back when I took it into them to show them. Kai told me "we aren't the GM Police". But you never know....

Ha! And I've had three bad experiences with Revord and will not go back. I know that Smokey Point Pontiac and Valley Pontiac will no longer do dealer swaps with Revord due to the issues they've had with them.

Your mileage may vary as they say ;)

The worst experience I had was back in 2000 with my Pontiac Transport Montana. The air suspension was nothing but problems and I had a big battle with them to get them to do a rebuild under warranty after its third failure at 37K miles. I hate to say it but my Montana was a big piece of crap that lived in the shop.

The other two issues were with dealer swaps where they tried to passed off damaged/high mileage goods in a dealer swap to other dealers.

The first was with my 2005 Grand Prix. The one Seaview swapped for showed up with almost 5K miles on it, they neglected to share with anyone it.

The second issue was with my G8. When the red one showed up at Valley Pontiac the paint on it was TRASHED. It looked like it had been cleaned with a brillo pad and the paint was scratched through to the primer on the hood. They tried to force Valley to keep the car. Even Valley's contract driver told me they were aholes when he got back with my second ride.

Worth noting the last two issues are not service related and are related to the sales department

grandmacpubah
06-03-2009, 10:16 AM
ya I haven't had a "bad" experience per say with Revord...but I just don't have good vibe about them. That's part of the reason I started this thread.

If we could find a good honest service dept...us notherners could start going there and get them comfortable with modded g8s. the more they see the better imo

Seattle09GT
06-03-2009, 10:29 AM
ya I haven't had a "bad" experience per say with Revord...but I just don't have good vibe about them. That's part of the reason I started this thread.

If we could find a good honest service dept...us notherners could start going there and get them comfortable with modded g8s. the more they see the better imo

I will say this, it depends on WHO you get as the service advisor at Seaview. There is one guy there who is totally by the book, not a fan of him, the rest of the people there are awesome. They bent the rules for me on both my Chevrolet Avalanche (which was heavily modified) and my Grand Prix. They also do a fair amount of customization work on the cars they sell there in the first place. I know that they had a turbocharged Vibe that they did the work on on the floor a few years back - they were also a big Corvette dealer once upon a time (don't know if they still are).

08G8V8
06-03-2009, 11:31 AM
With that said...my only experience so far has been at Revord in Everett where I bought the car...I got my first oil change there. I asked for synthetic said I would pay for the difference (they give you 3 free oil changes with the car) and they put dino oil in lol.

Well at least they didn't try and say they put synthetic in and charge you for it when they really used dino oil! I'm sure a lot of places pull that scam.

I think I could give Seaview another chance. It's been 9 years now! Revord is just down the road from work, but Seaview is close to home.

christiancoach
06-03-2009, 12:11 PM
I used to work at Revord, over 5 years ago now. Kai is a really good guy.
What you have to always remember is that ALL service writers at dealerships are there to make money. Especially in todays car market the service department is where dealerships make money.
I am always sure to double check the work, and make sure that when they don't live up to your expectations, let them know immediately!

R.Penguin
06-03-2009, 01:12 PM
No help here dude. I haven't had to take any of my vehicles to any dealer in 6-8 years.

r33pwrd
06-03-2009, 01:54 PM
I use Issaquah Chevrolet :) best service around I have used.

grandmacpubah
06-03-2009, 02:09 PM
I use Issaquah Chevrolet :) best service around I have used.

They will service your pontiac? I just asked a chevy dealer like 2 days ago (when I had my broken intake manifold bolt) if they could do warranty on my pontiac and he said he has gotten in trouble for doing that.

Wag 42
06-04-2009, 05:25 AM
I used to work at Revord, over 5 years ago now. Kai is a really good guy.
What you have to always remember is that ALL service writers at dealerships are there to make money. Especially in todays car market the service department is where dealerships make money.
I am always sure to double check the work, and make sure that when they don't live up to your expectations, let them know immediately!

I have to agree with you, Kai is a really good guy. We had a 2000 Bonneville SSEi that was at Revord's all the time, and he always took care of us...

BobtheMonkee
06-04-2009, 09:42 AM
a gm dealership is a gm dealership. You should be able to get your G8 serviced at any chevy or gmc dealership. If they tell you otherwise, you might as well not get them to do the work, because it will be piss poor.

I have had great experiences with Valley Pontiac out in Renton. The sales staff is awesome and their service department is just as great. I leased my G6 through Valley and i had nothing but good experiences with them. For a while, i was considering trading in my GT for a GXP, and they brought out the invoice for the GXP that was in the showroom and we worked some numbers with the invoice, actually factoring in the mods that i had at the time. The service manager there is big into aftermarket modifications and fast cars, so they will do whatever they can do "overlook" your modifications when doing warranty work. For buying a new G8 and getting your's serviced, i would HIGHLY recommend Valley Pontiac!!!!!

Unfortunately, since i cammed mine, i pretty much voided everything engine-wise, but the dealership near me, Haselwood, has not put that in TIS for my warranty record yet, and they KNOW that i have a cam. I even ordered a new LS3 head gasket through parts, and they still didnt void my warranty in TIS.

Seattle09GT
06-04-2009, 11:49 AM
a gm dealership is a gm dealership. You should be able to get your G8 serviced at any chevy or gmc dealership. If they tell you otherwise, you might as well not get them to do the work, because it will be piss poor.

I have had great experiences with Valley Pontiac out in Renton. The sales staff is awesome and their service department is just as great. I leased my G6 through Valley and i had nothing but good experiences with them. For a while, i was considering trading in my GT for a GXP, and they brought out the invoice for the GXP that was in the showroom and we worked some numbers with the invoice, actually factoring in the mods that i had at the time. The service manager there is big into aftermarket modifications and fast cars, so they will do whatever they can do "overlook" your modifications when doing warranty work. For buying a new G8 and getting your's serviced, i would HIGHLY recommend Valley Pontiac!!!!!

Unfortunately, since i cammed mine, i pretty much voided everything engine-wise, but the dealership near me, Haselwood, has not put that in TIS for my warranty record yet, and they KNOW that i have a cam. I even ordered a new LS3 head gasket through parts, and they still didnt void my warranty in TIS.

Hey Bob, bought my G8 GT at Valley, they did everything possible to make me happy through the deal, and I wasn't an easy person to deal with. Hey, if I'm dropping $30 grand I want things right :)

Wouldn't hesitate for one second to recommend them from a buying experience. Their service department has seen my G8 once for the brake/TPMS recall fix - they did the bass bias mod for me while I had the G8 there.

r33pwrd
06-04-2009, 11:58 AM
a gm dealership is a gm dealership. You should be able to get your G8 serviced at any chevy or gmc dealership. If they tell you otherwise, you might as well not get them to do the work, because it will be piss poor

I dont think this is fully true.. I believe a chevy dealership can obtain the right to do warranty work on a Pontiac (of course you can pay anyone to work on it) I know Issaquah Chevrolet told me they had to do some training program with pontiac/ GM to be able to do warranty work. not sure if thats true but im sure a dealer on here can fill us in on the details.

BobtheMonkee
06-04-2009, 07:04 PM
haha, then how are you going to get your pontiac serviced with no pontiac dealerships around? they will be gone by the end of next year

i'm pretty sure that GM wouldnt kill the pontiac brand then just tell chevy dealerships to deny service to pontiac owners. Think about it ;) that would make absolutely no sense.

so, if a chevy dealership denies you warranty service, i bet they are lying to you. I will do some research on this and find out the real answer. Always helps to go to the dealership with the correct answers in hand.

08G8V8
06-10-2009, 02:42 PM
I just got back from picking my car up at Revord for the recall and an oil change. Talking to Kai, and he said Revord, Everett Chevrolet and Seaview Chevrolet/Pontiac ALL got the letter stating they were one of the selected dealerships to be shut down. He stated more, but for where I live and work, these are the only dealerships available to do warranty work without a major hassle. They will be appealing, but who knows what will happen. He said they would become a used car lot with a service bay that could do extended warranty stuff, but not factory warranty stuff.

grandmacpubah
06-10-2009, 06:35 PM
I just got back from picking my car up at Revord for the recall and an oil change. Talking to Kai, and he said Revord, Everett Chevrolet and Seaview Chevrolet/Pontiac ALL got the letter stating they were one of the selected dealerships to be shut down. He stated more, but for where I live and work, these are the only dealerships available to do warranty work without a major hassle. They will be appealing, but who knows what will happen. He said they would become a used car lot with a service bay that could do extended warranty stuff, but not factory warranty stuff.

no kidding...looking like Kirkland or I might even go down to Valley if there as nice and mod friendly as they sound. I don't really care for Kirkland.

Seattle09GT
06-10-2009, 06:46 PM

I suspected that Seaview would get the axe. They spent a lot of money building the new Pontiac/GMC building and service department, now not being used, and bringing in the Buick franchise. They've never really had a good selection of Pontiacs there since 2006. I really like Seaview, always treated fairly, bought three cars/trucks from them through the years.