PDA

View Full Version : How amazing is this!!!

G8CrEppER
06-02-2009, 06:29 PM
so i was talking to jim a representative for the hitv car electronics the makers of the commodore ve nav systems. i asked jim that i was interested in purchasing a nav system for my G8. he said there might be compatibility issues with current modules but he wasn't sure so i will be taking a risk in buying the system. now he said don't worry we are marketing a whole new nav touch screen system that will be a interface system that can be compatible with the G8 and they are hoping to market to us real soon. he asked to get feedback for him on the system and see if will take off. also i will try to convince him to do the price on these at a reasonable price as we will all jump on this in a heartbeat. KEEP IN MIND THAT THIS IS THEIR FIRST PROTOTYPE AND THAT TOUCH SCREEN STILL HAS TO BE WORKED OUT AND THE FINAL VERSION WONT HAVE THAT LCD LIQUID FEEL TO IT, AND WILL BE ALOT MORE RESPONSIVE. AND I TALKED TO HIM AS FAR AS GRAPHICS SKINS AND HE HAS PROVIDED ME WITH ONE OF THE FOLLOWING THAT LOOKS DAMN NICE.

BE SURE TO POST YOUR COMMENTS AND QUESTION AND IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN THE SYSTEM AS I NEED 20 CLIENTS TO GET THIS PROJECT STARTED FOR us U.S CONSUMERS.

heres the link
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8O4ci4-7Njchttp://xzvhza.blu.livefilestore.com/y1pBi-THKqhy7qkNCyIoOe5EhNLgltKYzXi98OXjlhXJV0gaRs7xxVKD a6lhIhGZdcmTQ8TJKnSAtWAFTJKBbVuxg/nav%20pics.jpg

TNTNT
06-02-2009, 06:36 PM
Any idea on pricing?

jmh325
06-02-2009, 07:02 PM
i'm interested

ballhawkdawk
06-02-2009, 07:04 PM
I'd be interested if the price is realistic.

GT G8
06-02-2009, 07:10 PM
Awwwwwesome.

timg8
06-02-2009, 07:28 PM
Interested...will just depend on features and pricing. Wonder if they could put a mike in it with bluetooth like my current gps so we could tell GM and OnStar to kiss our ***** since they want to play hardball on that issue.

GM_Fan
06-02-2009, 09:00 PM
I'd be interested. I want to see what kind if price tag and capabilities are.

Panzer Leader
06-03-2009, 04:20 AM
Me too! With Bluetooth also. $$$$

mjf752001
06-03-2009, 05:58 AM
Very interested. Resonable price and bluetooth would be major plus.

mpneill
06-03-2009, 08:45 AM
How about the HVAC? Will they be able to adapt what we have now to this?

TxNessie84
06-03-2009, 10:21 AM
definitely interested

Scalarrthu
06-03-2009, 12:38 PM
I'd be interested in something like that. Would definitely have to have XM, and allow me to watch DVD's while I drive (for the passengers of course ;))!

TuefelG8
06-03-2009, 01:53 PM
Very interested fo sho!

G8-SSV
06-03-2009, 02:01 PM
If it’s under $2000 USD I’ll be very surprised $2300-2700 IMO

jimmyban
06-04-2009, 10:19 AM
Yes!!!

2QUIK4U
06-04-2009, 10:48 AM
Definately insterested depending on price.

ballhawkdawk
06-04-2009, 11:14 AM
If it’s under $2000 USD I’ll be very surprised $2300-2700 IMO

Count me out, then.

GotMyG8V8
06-04-2009, 11:24 AM
I don't understand what you're showing. I can see it's obviously a nav screen and i can see it works, and it definitely appears to be a prototype, but is this going to be put on the current face of the g8 radio stack? How will the button programming be changed? Price? Definitely need to see an implemented model before thinking about being interested in something that is going to be a significant investment.

G8CrEppER
06-04-2009, 02:24 PM
okay it will not replace the radio at all it is only a interface, if you do not know what a interface is think about like a tv you have multiple connections on back right, when you want to watch tv the control is there so you can surf through channels so lets say you want to play a little xbox live right like me, then you just simply switch it over to a different mode on your tv like video out or component connections so you can watch video from some other type of source, like for example dvd player, vcr or cable box. this is basically the same function the interface will be programmed to have on our car screens. the only thing i believe will have to be changed is the top right button that is out power button will have to be made into the nav button like holden units are displayed. this will probably allow the other functions to work like turn by turn navigation and the other features that it has. i will have more specifics on this unit later on in june when the company is said to launch there units in Australia. ill keep you updated with price and functions that are integrated in the system and see if is worth are investment.

G8-SSV
06-04-2009, 03:29 PM
okay it will not replace the radio at all it is only a interface, if you do not know what a interface is think about like a tv you have multiple connections on back right, when you want to watch tv the control is there so you can surf through channels so lets say you want to play a little xbox live right like me, then you just simply switch it over to a different mode on your tv like video out or component connections so you can watch video from some other type of source, like for example dvd player, vcr or cable box. this is basically the same function the interface will be programmed to have on our car screens. the only thing i believe will have to be changed is the top right button that is out power button will have to be made into the nav button like holden units are displayed. this will probably allow the other functions to work like turn by turn navigation and the other features that it has. i will have more specifics on this unit later on in june when the company is said to launch there units in Australia. ill keep you updated with price and functions that are integrated in the system and see if is worth are investment.
now it makes no sense.
interface was availalbe in Australia in Commodores for over a year now.
Our screen is not a touch screen.
Our radios don't have RBG input support (Commodores do)
So without physically replacing or modifying the unit on a hardware level, you can't make it work by just adding something to it which means you'll have to send your unit for modifications or replace the entire unit.

Seattle09GT
06-04-2009, 03:35 PM
Depending on price and features I would be interested. I like the US Climate Controls better FWIW.

G8CrEppER
06-04-2009, 09:49 PM
now it makes no sense.
interface was availalbe in Australia in Commodores for over a year now.
Our screen is not a touch screen.
Our radios don't have RBG input support (Commodores do)
So without physically replacing or modifying the unit on a hardware level, you can't make it work by just adding something to it which means you'll have to send your unit for modifications or replace the entire unit.

i think you missed my point i was trying to explain how a interface system can be compared to the way a tv functions work. how are they different both the g8 and commodore share the same radio aside from the navigation, they are both made in the same plant as far as i know so their shouldn't be any difference. where just going to have to wait and see.

Kermit
06-05-2009, 02:33 PM
I'm on the band wagon with capabilities and price.

MAYBEN
06-05-2009, 10:02 PM
subscribed

pakrfan19
06-06-2009, 04:22 AM
Count me in if functionality and price are within reasonable limits!!

GR8 Vino
06-06-2009, 08:17 AM
count me in depending on price and features.

SLVRG8GT
06-06-2009, 08:48 AM
count me in depending on price and features.

X2

jonjones88
06-11-2009, 05:06 PM
Im interested as well.

Panzer Leader
06-11-2009, 07:13 PM
I will hold off on guages (Attari or Analog) until I hear more on this. I don't want the center stack opened up twice (Double Labor) ($$$) Was qouted $200.00 to install the JHP guages. Installing this Nav Unit could be pricey. Just a thought.

Eracer
06-27-2009, 10:18 AM
Any updates?

bigtreepu
06-27-2009, 10:24 AM
Interested...will just depend on features and pricing. Wonder if they could put a mike in it with bluetooth like my current gps so we could tell GM and OnStar to kiss our ***** since they want to play hardball on that issue.

With Tim on this one. That looks very nice though. Am interested depending on price.
~Matt