PDA

View Full Version : instead of rotofab

Weldon
09-10-2008, 11:55 AM
im going to go with a custom intake system...i can customize it myself...build it myself and get as much power as i want...i drew up a plan and talked to the guy and he said the plan i have drawn should give me anywhere from 22-34 hp. i have the basic 3 inch tubing...and it leads to where the air box is..ill have a big cone filter there...just like the rotofab..but then attached to the end of that...theres a hose...that leads to the lower section of the car..where there will be a steel wire/mesh filter. about half the size of the first...and it is a cone..then coming out the other end of it! will be one more tubbing section that leads to the bottom grill..the one at the very bottom of the front...where i will have this warp kit ***sorta like a big bowl...catches air and forces it in** so it will be catching air and forcing it from the bottom...as well ass two regualar cone filters...so it is like 2 rotofab intakes and one intake that forces air in. he says he thinks after a tune it can have 34 hp easy out of it... here is sorta a way to see it.

**the first block is the engine** {}---l==>----[>----<

the first thingy is the engine...then tubes then the big cone filter then more tubes then the meduim sized mesh filter for racing then more tubes then the cone....after the first filter the tubes will go down...then after the second filter the last set of tubes will go to the left to the vent on the bottom...but im going to try this...and it really isnt alllllll that expspensive.. the big cone filter is 38 bucks....one set of tubing is like 12 bucks..imma need three or four sets...one filter...the second filter is like 30 bucks....then the bowl type thingy that forces air in is like 30 bucks...so it isnt alll that high. but the more air you can get the more power u can get right? so if this system works out...i will take it back out...assemble it on a table...take pics...then write a essay on how i did it..and where you can get each part. that way you can all try it if you want..but with this system i should be gettin twice the ammount the rotofab gives me and after a tune well over three times. so imma do it..but what yall think lol...alot to take in but

wreckwriter
09-10-2008, 11:58 AM
Hmmmm.....

Weldon
09-10-2008, 12:00 PM
hahaha i know...seems like alot for nothing...but im going to try it...he said he did it to his monte carlo ss and got 19 hp for it with two filters. it might work out great..it might work out juss fine..and it might not work at all? lol

wreckwriter
09-10-2008, 12:15 PM
Sounds a bit Rube Goldberg.....

Weldon
09-10-2008, 12:27 PM
lol rube goldberg? what does that mean

wreckwriter
09-10-2008, 12:35 PM
Ahhhh, you're young. he was an old time cartoon guy that made weird contraptions.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rube_Goldberg_machine

Weldon
09-10-2008, 12:44 PM
hahaha...well i hope it works...

EcoBrick Bob
09-10-2008, 12:44 PM
Rube is my long lost son!!!!!:uhm:

Chewy
09-10-2008, 01:17 PM
Ever done a Joie Chitwood?

Weldon
09-10-2008, 01:37 PM
whats that?

wreckwriter
09-10-2008, 01:42 PM
Joie was, maybe still is, a racer and stunt driver. not certain what "doing a Joie Chtwood" is..

It's A G8!
09-10-2008, 02:28 PM
I think you have to use 4" pipe to connect to the throttle body.

Weldon
09-10-2008, 02:43 PM
alright ill change that on my drawings. if this works out and im going to dyno it after to see my increase...but if it does give me a buttload more hp im going to patened the design then get my uncle to make it and sell it...he has a custom shop for this kinda stuff...and if alllll of this works out! everyone on this site gets a discount! a huge one! =PPP

wreckwriter
09-10-2008, 02:50 PM
alright ill change that on my drawings. if this works out and im going to dyno it after to see my increase...but if it does give me a buttload more hp im going to patened the design then get my uncle to make it and sell it...he has a custom shop for this kinda stuff...and if alllll of this works out! everyone on this site gets a discount! a huge one! =PPP

Sounds like a plan!

grt08g8
09-10-2008, 07:31 PM
:space:Weldon! you're afreakin nut,mad, crazy, the need 4 speed has already ate your ass up. just like all the rest of us. To be truthful I was thinkn sumthin along the same lines, like an air ram design using the lower part of the front fascia on these cars. Ideas! 1 filter should be enuf underhood,funnel air from front spoiler, collect air at spoiler allow for water to drain . run with it. If any of this helps, I get free one?

Weldon
09-10-2008, 07:35 PM
man i will deffently take those ideas to the drawing board. tommorow at tech in class im going to take the fdront end off and see what kind of space im working with down there. and i am going throught with this...it will be patened and made..and yes ill send you a free one haha. ill keep everyone updated on the progress...anymore ideas?? please hit me up...and ill name the intake product "GRRRR8"

grt08g8
09-10-2008, 07:46 PM
Cooool!

Cobra
09-10-2008, 08:02 PM
Yeah no kiddin, discount what??? The word you are looking for Airborne is free, free, free, and free delivery. In fact you should jump out of the box, install it, drink a beer, then ship yourself home:"

GRRRR8
09-10-2008, 08:07 PM
Yeah no kiddin, discount what??? The word you are looking for Airborne is free, free, free, and free delivery. In fact you should jump out of the box, install it, drink a beer, then ship yourself home:"

LMAO! If you need any tech info let me know I have had it all apart and know the amouts of air that can be generated with my mods if it helps.

Weldon
09-10-2008, 08:07 PM
how about i ship claire with it in a bikini. and she puts it on then leaves...then would you pay 200 bucks for it? hahaha jk. right now to make it imma have to use other poeples products...just piece them togather and do some modifying...but soon i will have my uncle making it...prolly sell it for 250-300...depends on if i can really get 30 hp out of it.

GRRRR8
09-10-2008, 08:09 PM
how about i ship claire with it in a bikini. and she puts it on then leaves...then would you pay 200 bucks for it? hahaha jk. right now to make it imma have to use other poeples products...just piece them togather and do some modifying...but soon i will have my uncle making it...prolly sell it for 250-300...depends on if i can really get 30 hp out of it.

SOLD!!! If I buy 5 can I watch 5 times? LMAO!!

Weldon
09-10-2008, 08:12 PM
we got a specail running right now..if you buy in bulk **packs of 5** you get 5 shows...but the catch...after the first one i hide claire in the box and i get to install the last 4 in a speedo. now who wants to buy 5 again? lmao

GRRRR8
09-10-2008, 08:15 PM
Um....uh....well....uh.....answer option #1. Never mind I have a Roto-Fab. answer option #2 I guess it would depend on what you looked like in a speedo! LMAO!!!:nutkick:

Weldon
09-10-2008, 08:17 PM
hahahaha wowwwwww. i think claire is thinking about making her own profile...be looking for her!

Cobra
09-10-2008, 08:17 PM
I'm thinking Claire will just send you in an apron and you can clean our homes after the install lol. Seriously though great minds have had some different ideas. Go with it, feed the dream!

GRRRR8
09-10-2008, 08:18 PM
My wife is GRRRR8Chick. So tell Claire sign up!

Weldon
09-10-2008, 08:21 PM
haha shes jumping on her laptop as we speak lol.