PDA

View Full Version : Those with aftermarket subs

TNTNT
06-02-2009, 05:37 PM
To those with aftermarket subs in the trunk, what do you do to keep the liscense plate from vibrating and rattling like crazy? It sucks only having two bolts to hold the plate to the car. One of my buddies had a Mustang with the same problem and he ended up drilling 2 more holes for the bottom bolts. It solved the problem, but I hate to drill into the rear deck if there is a simpler solution plus I am concerned about water leaks if I do drill the holes.

NDM
06-02-2009, 06:23 PM
To those with aftermarket subs in the trunk, what do you do to keep the liscense plate from vibrating and rattling like crazy? It sucks only having two bolts to hold the plate to the car. One of my buddies had a Mustang with the same problem and he ended up drilling 2 more holes for the bottom bolts. It solved the problem, but I hate to drill into the rear deck if there is a simpler solution plus I am concerned about water leaks if I do drill the holes.

OOps I responded in another thread....

I CA glued closed cell foam to the plate and made a subtle bend in the plate

You could also simply get some cleap garage door weather stripping from menards, lowes or Home Depot. stick it to the perimeter of the plate and that should fix it.....If not you will have to do a subtle curve in the plate too.

G8H8
06-02-2009, 06:31 PM
I used the dynamat license plate backing.

dandragonrage
06-08-2009, 06:43 PM
If you use weatherstripping, make sure it's all-weather or outdoor stuff.