PDA

View Full Version : Hello...and a question

Art708
09-10-2008, 10:10 AM
Hi... just registered and am glad to see another G8 forum. Can anyone tell me if there's a good tuner around the Charleston,SC area? I would like to make my GT run a lot better than it does stock. I traded an '06 Vette for the G8 and am used to having a lot faster car. There seems to be a lot that can be done to these cars and I'm ready.

GRRRR8
09-10-2008, 10:13 AM
Have you read about the Vector tune for the ecm/tcm? Just ask and you will get many replies as Vector has tuned the most G8s by far.

Art708
09-10-2008, 10:14 AM
Have you read about the Vector tune for the ecm/tcm? Just ask and you will get many replies as Vector has tuned the most G8s by far.

Vector is the "mail order" type tune, right?

GRRRR8
09-10-2008, 10:20 AM
Correct sir. I have run 12.70 with basic bolt ons and shortly will be in the 11s with their tuning. It is mail order but if you datalog or go on a dyno they can have it so they can send you a tune for upgrades while on the dyno. The basic tune for a stock car and Roto-Fab CAI is what almost everyone does
1st and you can surprise a sleepy Vette with that alone. Now my car shocks the most caffeine addicted Corvette owner. LOL

Art708
09-10-2008, 10:29 AM
Thanks for the info. But you don't have to call me sir, Mister will do just fine. J/K...when I hear "sir" I think I'm still in the military. I'd like to find a good shop that I could take my car to and have them take care of what I want done on the spot. I've gotten lazy since I used to build/race cars.

GRRRR8
09-10-2008, 10:30 AM
If you can use a computer and load software its about as easy as that.

Chewy
09-10-2008, 10:37 AM
Their software is also pretty awesome! They can adjust torque management whereas others turn it on or off, plus they can give you a stealth tune which is harder for the dealer to see.

Art708
09-10-2008, 10:59 AM
I'm pretty computer savvy so I don't think I'd have a problem with it. Does the "stealth tune" give you as much power as an unstealthy one? I guess that I should order a CAI first, huh, then send for the tune?

wreckwriter
09-10-2008, 11:01 AM
I'm pretty computer savvy so I don't think I'd have a problem with it. Does the "stealth tune" give you as much power as an unstealthy one? I guess that I should order a CAI first, huh, then send for the tune?

Stealth has no difference in power. You can order CAI and tune as a package and save some money...

Art708
09-10-2008, 11:49 AM
Stealth has no difference in power. You can order CAI and tune as a package and save some money...

I guess I'd better get in touch with Vector. Thanks for all the information.

GRRRR8
09-10-2008, 12:07 PM
It truly is the best bang for the buck!