PDA

View Full Version : Review of PM of FL axleback

BMan
06-01-2009, 07:40 PM
Got my axleback today; installed it in 25 minutes. My 4 year old son wanted to help me "make my new car sound like my mustang race car" so he actually loosened the 4 bolts after I broke them free.:thumbsup:

Fitment: 9.5 out of 10
tips look ALMOST dead-on but probably favor the outside edge of the rear facia/diffuser. Great welds, put together nicely. It's darn near perfect, but not quite hence the 9.5 score.

Ease of Installation: AS EASY AS ANY CAR THING CAN BE!
Again, my 4-year old actually helped me - no joke! He's pretty proud that he helped - ditto on my end!

Looks: 10
Great looking dual tips that certainly add an aftermarket flare to the car which is exactly what I was looking for. Tasteful yet not obnoxious at all.

Sound: 9
Great muscle car sound. Reminds me of flows on a stang. Lots of rumble for around town driving, which again is what I like. Yes; it does drone like almost every other exhaust for this car but I can honestly say I actually like the muscle car drone. Let's just say the drone is no where near the drone I had with my 2001 Mustang GT with an aftermarket catted H-pipe and chambered mufflers. It's liveable for sure. AFM buzz is more noticeable but that sound is fairly quiet still and not terribly noticeable when at highway speeds. Around town, you notice it a little more but that was also the case for the stock mufflers. Overall, I'm loving the way it sounds. Unexpectedly, I'd say at WOT it's not all that much louder than the stock mufflers. It's just got a nice rumble for taking off at stoplights, local driving, etc. and it sounds awesome when shifting the trans up or down in manual mode.

Value: 9
For around $300, I think this is one heck of a deal for an axleback built so well with 304 stainless steel tips.

j_j
06-02-2009, 10:03 AM
Its kind of funny. I got mine last night too and my little girl wanted to help also. I got out two creepers and we each had one.

I will pretty much agree with everything you said. I am more than pleased with the ease of installation, looks, price and sound.

jadesboutique
06-02-2009, 10:39 AM
I totally agree! Great review! I got mine last week from a member of this forum - I looove it! Not too loud but yet still has a nice rumble at startup/idle and take off that let's people you have a v8 lol :) The drone doesnt bother me at all, I actually like it lol

Rich@pm-fl.com
06-02-2009, 10:42 AM
Thank you for the great review guys! We really appreciate your business!

As always, if you have any questions, concers or needs, just give us a call.

Thanks!

steve b.
06-02-2009, 03:55 PM
why did you get the axel back and not the cat back

BMan
06-03-2009, 05:20 AM
why did you get the axel back and not the cat back

Axleback - great sound, 300 bucks, 0 horsepower gain.

Catback - great sound, 700-1300 bucks, 8-10 rwhp gain.

It was either arh headers (go big) or the pm-fl axleback (go small). For now at least, the axleback is my choice. Next will probably be a cai (vararam?) With a tuner like the cortex handheld as soon as they develop a tune with that intake.

The Commodore
06-03-2009, 11:58 AM
If you get ARHs and these axle backs...it will sound like a race car.

wreckwriter
06-03-2009, 11:59 AM
If you get ARHs and these axle backs...it will sound like a race car.

Yep, the local cops will love you :)

PostalCherokee
06-03-2009, 02:29 PM
I also have this axle back. I agree with this review, like the look and the sound. I also had a small fitment issue. The right side looks perfect but the left side isn't lining up centered.