PDA

View Full Version : Pedders street II after 19k miles

-Ray-
06-01-2009, 03:14 PM
I had a pm recently from someone who had a track II and was concerned about tire wear. I have not rotated my tires and this is what my left front looks like after 19k miles.
http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t16/ElecBlueG6GT/Prior%20to%20hot%20rod/Polish016.jpg
http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t16/ElecBlueG6GT/Prior%20to%20hot%20rod/Polish018.jpg

dklau33
06-01-2009, 03:31 PM
So basically, it looks like your tires are wearing very well. What are your alignment specs if you don't mind sharing? And did you get the OE height springs or the lowered springs? Would you recommend the street 2 setup for a car that is a daily driver and might go to a road course once or twice a year?

-Ray-
06-01-2009, 03:37 PM
So basically, it looks like your tires are wearing very well. What are your alignment specs if you don't mind sharing? And did you get the OE height springs or the lowered springs? Would you recommend the street 2 setup for a car that is a daily driver and might go to a road course once or twice a year?

My alignment specs are very close to GM requirements. I haven't found my sheet yet, but I'm looking. I do have 7 1/2 degrees extras camber in the front.
Street II is perfect for a daily driver.
Front was lowered 20mm and the rear 10mm if I remember correctly. I got the springs from the track II installed in place of the street II springs.
Erik Hess from Reeve's Buick Pontiac GMC did my install. They are located in Greenwood, IN.
I've not done a road course, but I'm sure I could.

beach
06-01-2009, 05:14 PM
This is great to see. My Pedders suspension is soon to be finished with struts & shocks that were late to arrive, and long before anything, one of my biggest concerns was the long term life and quality of Pedders stuff. Didn't doubt it, but when you go changing out such big things on a new warrantied car with under 4k, it's a valid question. Not that I ever doubted Pedders, however;)

How is the feel and such after some decent miles? Much change at all since first done? I still only have a few hundred miles on my almost done "almost a Street II", so quite a bit of time to go still, needs aligned post the dampers, etc.

Panzer Leader
06-01-2009, 05:54 PM
Why did you go with the Track springs and not the Street II? What is diffrence between the two in terms of ride/handling/steering? Can you post some side pics of your car? Would love to see 2 G-8s side by side, one with the Street II and one with the Track springs.

R.J.
06-01-2009, 09:23 PM
My alignment specs are very close to GM requirements. I haven't found my sheet yet, but I'm looking. I do have 7 1/2 degrees extras camber in the front.
Street II is perfect for a daily driver.
Front was lowered 20mm and the rear 10mm if I remember correctly. I got the springs from the track II installed in place of the street II springs.
Erik Hess from Reeve's Buick Pontiac GMC did my install. They are located in Greenwood, IN.
I've not done a road course, but I'm sure I could.

You meant 7.5 degrees of positive Caster ?

p71
06-02-2009, 02:17 AM
That would be a lot of camber... do not think the tires would wear well with that. Of course I do not think the pedders kit changes caster by that much either so... will wait for the OP to clarify.

-Ray-
06-02-2009, 02:25 AM
You meant 7.5 degrees of positive Caster ?

Correct.
Caster washers add the extra caster. Ed can tell you about it. He's really the pedders expert here.
The car hasn't changed since it was put on with 3500 miles on her.
I added the track II springs because I wanted it a little lower.

Dan's G8
06-02-2009, 04:11 PM
I wasn't aware there was a height difference between the Street II and Track II coil springs. Hmmm....

Rich@pm-fl.com
06-02-2009, 04:48 PM
I wasn't aware there was a height difference between the Street II and Track II coil springs. Hmmm....

There isnt. Both the Track II and the Street II come with the same sport lowering springs, 2954 and 2955. Pedders also offers an OE height spring, that actually sits just a hair lower than stock. They also offer a drag/raised springs.

-Ray-
06-02-2009, 05:56 PM
They may have changed bits in the Street II. I have had it on my car for almost a year now.
I did take the springs from the Track II.

Dan's G8
06-02-2009, 06:27 PM
There isnt. Both the Track II and the Street II come with the same sport lowering springs, 2954 and 2955. Pedders also offers an OE height spring, that actually sits just a hair lower than stock. They also offer a drag/raised springs.

That's what I thought. Thanks for clarifying. :cool2:

TNTNT
06-02-2009, 06:39 PM
Have you had any of the popping/creaking noises that the stock suspension has since you changed to the Pedders?

Skid
06-02-2009, 07:58 PM
Thanks for the pics. That is excellent wear! I am a little above 10k miles and my tires are pretty much done. Even though I drive the car VERY hard in the mountains, my wear shouldn't be as bad as it is. I think I have worse wear than people who autox or track their car all the time. I've rotated them 3 times and I always make sure my tire pressures are correct. I'm hoping my newly installed TrackII (no drop) and new alignment will help my wear situation when I get new tires (Nitto NT-05), and hopefully make them last longer.

-Ray-
06-03-2009, 03:08 AM
Have you had any of the popping/creaking noises that the stock suspension has since you changed to the Pedders?

I didn't have any before either.

2QUIK4U
06-04-2009, 10:47 AM
The tire wear looks really good. I just ordered the Pedders Street 2 today along with the sway bars. Cant wait to install it next week.

-Ray-
06-04-2009, 02:09 PM
Sweet! Congrats.