PDA

View Full Version : G8 Oil Change Kit

Greg@PacePerformance
09-09-2008, 11:05 AM
Upon request I have put together an synthetic oil change kit. As low as $64.00
The part number for our kit is PAC-G8RPM (http://paceperformance.com/i-5146312-pac-g8oil-g8-gt-oil-change-kit.html)

The package includes the following items:
9 quarts of Royal Purple Full synthetic 5w30 engine oil.
1 oil filter (GM AC Delco or K&N Performance filter)
(K&N filter will have to be special ordered and will delay the order shipment)
and a choice to add a GM magnetic drain plug.

If anyone has any other ideas for packages or group purchases please just ask and I will check into it.

Edit: Just raised our flat shipping fee $2.00

GRRRR8
09-09-2008, 11:12 AM
Man! The deals just keep on coming today!

Chewy
09-09-2008, 12:19 PM
Sounds like a pretty decent deal but do you have a flat rate shipping cost?

That amount of oil weighs a ton.:pinch:

Greg@PacePerformance
09-09-2008, 12:33 PM
Yes we have a flat $12.00 up to $500.00 order then it is $16.00. (excludes truck freight items)

00 Trans Ram
09-09-2008, 12:52 PM
Holy crap - that's beautiful!! Thanks.

Just bought a package.

GXPaycheck
09-09-2008, 05:53 PM
Any other oil brands available?

G8GT594
09-09-2008, 07:27 PM
Kick ass man. I'll order and hold of on my oil change until next week.

Greg@PacePerformance
09-10-2008, 05:16 AM
Any other oil brands available?

Sorry Royal Purple is the only preimum oil we sell unless you want to pay GM for Mobile 1.

00 Trans Ram
09-10-2008, 06:47 AM
Guess this is a good place for a story (I think I've told it before on this forum, but here it is again). I used to run Red Line in my race car, based on some "independent lab tests" I had read. Then I witnessed this.

Friend that I race with has a GT1 Corvette with a 400+ci SB Chevy motor in it. The motor makes 700+hp, has 12+:1 compression, redlines at 8500rpm, and has a dry sump oil system. He was racing against a guy whom he had never beaten, and was sticking on his bumper in 2nd place. 2 laps to go, and his oil pressure goes to 0.

He decided to go for broke, and never came to the pits. The car completed 2 whole laps of hard racing with no oil pressure. In fact, he was able to pull the car up in the trailer when he got to the pits!

But, the story doesn't end there. They brought the car back to the shop to rebuild the engine. Just for kicks, they tried to start the car after it had been sitting for 3 days. It started on the first try. Seriously.

When they tore it apart, there was all the usual carnage (melted pistons, bent pushrods, etc.). But, he had Royal Purple oil in the car. While I'm sure that things like hardened pushrods, lightweight valvetrain, and other things factored into the engine surviving, I know the oil helped.

So, I now run RP exclusively in my cars. It's in my G8, my Trans Am, and my wife's Honda Pilot. Heck, I even put it into my 1986 Chevy 3/4 ton tow vehicle, just in case.

jnak
09-10-2008, 09:46 AM
Will this be a permanent deal, or a limited time offer?

Greg@PacePerformance
09-10-2008, 09:54 AM
It depends on how the sales go :) but I can see it being a fairly permanent deal but the price will vary if our cost on parts changes.

Thanks everyone for the interest and purchases!

G8GT594
09-10-2008, 05:41 PM
Just orderd! You know i added it all up today if i got the stuff at murrys and it would have been around $110. Thanks for the killer deal!

-Ray-
09-10-2008, 05:56 PM
Even though I just had my oil changed I have been wanting to do this. Order sent.

GRRRR8
09-10-2008, 05:59 PM
Remember guys, support the vendors and they will take good care of us on all our needs. Dont forget if you need any type of GM parts check with Pace too. Members get special pricing so utilize Pace for all your GM needs and then some! Thanks again Greg.

JoeSyko
09-10-2008, 06:32 PM
Remember guys, support the vendors and they will take good care of us on all our needs.

I just did my part.... Order placed....Helluva deal.

Greg: Thanks again for offering this special.

:urock:

GPDAN
09-10-2008, 08:55 PM
dude thats a deal. i'm going to place my order soon.

jnak
09-10-2008, 09:06 PM
If I didn't just buy a crap load of Mobil1 and 6 oil filters I would be all over this.

(I tend to buy this kind of stuff in bulk...)

GRRRR8
09-16-2008, 09:22 AM
Upon request I have put together an synthetic oil change kit. As low as $62.00
The part number for our kit is PAC-G8RPM (http://PacePerformance.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=245600)

If anyone has any other ideas for packages or group purchases please just ask and I will check into it.

:bump2:

00 Trans Ram
09-16-2008, 10:24 AM
Just got notification that my order shipped today. For some reason, I thought I paid like $75 for the oil, plus $10 for the K&N filter, plus $10 shipping. Then, I see that the whole thing cost just $74!

When you look up the word "deal" in the dictionary, there's a big stack of RP oil and Greg's face above it!

Chewy
09-16-2008, 10:35 AM
Just got notification that my order shipped today. For some reason, I thought I paid like $75 for the oil, plus $10 for the K&N filter, plus $10 shipping. Then, I see that the whole thing cost just $74!

When you look up the word "deal" in the dictionary, there's a big stack of RP oil and Greg's face above it!

Yeah it's a sweet deal that I'm sure after break in I will be taking advantage of. They sell it locally at Auto-Zone but it cost more than through Greg. I guess like everything else, if I need it asap I will get it at AZ.:shutup:

Greg@PacePerformance
09-16-2008, 10:35 AM

If you want I can bang your card for an extra 10 :okay:
Thanks for the support everyone! :cheers:

GRRRR8
09-16-2008, 10:48 AM
Yeah it's a sweet deal that I'm sure after break in I will be taking advantage of. They sell it locally at Auto-Zone but it cost more than through Greg. I guess like everything else, if I need it asap I will get it at AZ.:shutup:

Thats what is nice about oil changes, there is no such thing as ASAP. You know it has to be done so you order it whenever.

00 Trans Ram
09-18-2008, 09:04 AM
Got my Box-O-Oil yesterday. NICE!

Greg, I'm assuming you won't complain if I buy this package from you for my Trans Am, too? I don't quite need 9 quarts, but I know how to put extra few bottles on the shelf for later!

Can I possibly substitute another kind of oil? I like to run either XPR 5W30 or the straight SAE 30 in the Trans Am.

Greg@PacePerformance
09-18-2008, 09:16 AM
Got my Box-O-Oil yesterday. NICE!

Greg, I'm assuming you won't complain if I buy this package from you for my Trans Am, too? I don't quite need 9 quarts, but I know how to put extra few bottles on the shelf for later!

Can I possibly substitute another kind of oil? I like to run either XPR 5W30 or the straight SAE 30 in the Trans Am.

I can do straight 30 for the same price but I am not sure what the XPR is. Royal purple sells a racing 5w30 oil called Racing 21 but it is twice the cost of the standard 5w30.

If you want to sub in the straight 30 weight that would not be a problem just make a note on the order. Your T/A also takes a different filter but I am sure you knew that. GM changed the oil filter thread on the '07 + LS engines I am pretty sure.

00 Trans Ram
09-18-2008, 12:21 PM
I'll probably run the straight 30. No need for dual viscosities.

I don't know what RP does sometimes. I've found the XPR a few times, and it's on their website. But, it's always hard to find. It's probably the same as their Racing 21, I guess.

Actually, I didn't know it was a different filter. That's good info.

FYI - there is a difference between good filters and bad filters. Just before last race, I changed my oil and decided to "make do" with an off-the-shelf filter from Auto Zone (the orange one). Well, a few months later, and I see a nice puddle of oil under the car. It's coming from the oil filter where it seals against the engine.

Moral of the story? Spend the extra couple of dollars for the K&N - never had a problem with those.

Chewy
09-18-2008, 12:26 PM
I'll probably run the straight 30. No need for dual viscosities.

I don't know what RP does sometimes. I've found the XPR a few times, and it's on their website. But, it's always hard to find. It's probably the same as their Racing 21, I guess.

Actually, I didn't know it was a different filter. That's good info.

FYI - there is a difference between good filters and bad filters. Just before last race, I changed my oil and decided to "make do" with an off-the-shelf filter from Auto Zone (the orange one). Well, a few months later, and I see a nice puddle of oil under the car. It's coming from the oil filter where it seals against the engine.

Moral of the story? Spend the extra couple of dollars for the K&N - never had a problem with those.

Yeah FRAM is $hit! K&N and Mobil 1 filters are both made by Champion Labs. See my oil thread for more info!

Greg@PacePerformance
09-18-2008, 12:55 PM
Speaking of filters. GM/AC delco has come up with a new filter for the LS9 engine. It is said to have a thicker shell to prevent bulging.

Yes! I checked on the Royal Purple website and found the part number for the XPR oil and it is the Racing 21 oil. :D

Chewy
09-19-2008, 04:42 AM
Hey Greg...

How about a kit for replacing the diff fluid with R/P??? Not sure if the diff cover has to come off or not but would be nice to have some of that too.:brock:

Greg@PacePerformance
09-19-2008, 05:41 AM
GM recommends 1.25L or 1.32qt of 92184900 @ $26.66 a liter. :lalala:
I will see what I can dig up.

00 Trans Ram
09-19-2008, 06:04 AM
I wonder if you have to use something special back there. I remember when i swapped in a T2R into my Trans Am that all kinds of people said that:

- you shouldn't run a full synthetic because it was too slippery
- you had to run an additive to reduce gear whine
- the additive didn't help with gear whine, it was the fluid itself
- you had to run GM fluid because it was special

Basically, all kinds of crazy stuff. I ended up running whatever the Mobil 1 stuff was, with no additive.

Are there any special requirements for these rearends?

Greg@PacePerformance
09-19-2008, 06:04 AM
OK Castrol makes the oil for GM but I can't seem to find it on the Castrol website for any specs. It is called Castrol SAF Carbon Mod.
From what I can find on the web about it that lub is a 75w90 Synthetic fluid.

So I guess right now this Royal Purple 75w90 Gear Lube (http://PacePerformance.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=132512) would work

JoeSyko
09-19-2008, 07:21 AM
Got my Pace oil package in the mail on Wednesday....boy did the post office have a field day. Box was bashed in on one corner pretty good. Fortunately, everything inside is fine.

Thanks again for the deal and speedy shipment.

-Ray-
09-19-2008, 08:24 AM
Received mine as well. I put it in my shop.

G8GT594
09-20-2008, 06:31 AM
Still waiting on mine. Ordered the 10th

Mike P
09-20-2008, 02:12 PM
Guess this is a good place for a story (I think I've told it before on this forum, but here it is again). I used to run Red Line in my race car, based on some "independent lab tests" I had read. Then I witnessed this.

Friend that I race with has a GT1 Corvette with a 400+ci SB Chevy motor in it. The motor makes 700+hp, has 12+:1 compression, redlines at 8500rpm, and has a dry sump oil system. He was racing against a guy whom he had never beaten, and was sticking on his bumper in 2nd place. 2 laps to go, and his oil pressure goes to 0.

He decided to go for broke, and never came to the pits. The car completed 2 whole laps of hard racing with no oil pressure. In fact, he was able to pull the car up in the trailer when he got to the pits!

But, the story doesn't end there. They brought the car back to the shop to rebuild the engine. Just for kicks, they tried to start the car after it had been sitting for 3 days. It started on the first try. Seriously.

When they tore it apart, there was all the usual carnage (melted pistons, bent pushrods, etc.). But, he had Royal Purple oil in the car. While I'm sure that things like hardened pushrods, lightweight valvetrain, and other things factored into the engine surviving, I know the oil helped.

So, I now run RP exclusively in my cars. It's in my G8, my Trans Am, and my wife's Honda Pilot. Heck, I even put it into my 1986 Chevy 3/4 ton tow vehicle, just in case.

Matt: Good story, I was planning on either going Mobil 1 or Royal Purple. But that story has me sold on Royal Purple.

Greg @ Pace Performance: I will definitely be ordering a package soon! Sweet deal.

* Question for all: If I put in Royal Purple can I switch to Mobile 1 or once I go with a full synthetic should I stay with that brand?

Thanks!

-Ray-
09-20-2008, 06:06 PM
RP is a full syn.

Mike P
09-21-2008, 01:34 AM
RP is a full syn.

Ray: I understand that Royal Purple & Mobile 1 are both full synthetic oils, but I was wondering if I put in Royal Purple first, can I switch to Mobile 1, and then go back to RP, or once I go with a brand weather it be RP or MB1 (full synthetic) should I stay with that brand?

Just curious....

-Ray-
09-21-2008, 02:36 AM
Sorry Mike, I misunderstood. According to RP, you can change over any time. I don't know about Mobil 1.

GRRRR8
09-24-2008, 12:47 PM
:bump2:

GRRRR8
10-13-2008, 01:40 PM
For all the new members that dont know about the Royal Purple special.

GRRRR8
10-14-2008, 08:30 AM
:bump:

Chewy
10-14-2008, 08:34 AM
What about a conventional break in kit? I will change my oil within the first 100 miles as I plan to break it in via www.mototuneusa.com. But I will run dino for several thousand miles.

GRRRR8
10-14-2008, 08:40 AM
These engines dont reallyrequire that type of break in. I always do the 1k on the 1st, 4k switch to synthetic and change every 5-6 k after that. I have never had any engine failures and we all know that I will push them to the limit.

Chewy
10-14-2008, 09:13 AM
They don't call me mister overkill for no reason...:loser::crutch:

GRRRR8
10-14-2008, 09:23 AM
LMAO! There is nothing wrong with doing it you way.

wreckwriter
10-15-2008, 07:51 AM
Never mind, I fixed it. Order placed.

wreckwriter
10-20-2008, 02:25 PM
Received today. Thanks for the fast shipping and excellent packing!

SRG963
10-24-2008, 09:51 AM
Doesn't Royal Purple have a break in oil now? Maybe a kit for the first change?
And under filter selections, could you add in a "No Filter" option? I bought 2 last time I was out :)

I'm planning on changing over to RP soon, placing order today.

I've been 6k so far and I'm still showing 70% life on my DIC. Should I wait till 0-5% to change my oil, or around 50% like I'm planning?

Greg@PacePerformance
10-24-2008, 10:57 AM
I can add the no filter option.

RP does sell break in oil now but it is really only needed for engines with flat tappet lifters. Roller lifters don't require any break-in time.

SRG963
10-24-2008, 11:17 AM
I can add the no filter option.

RP does sell break in oil now but it is really only needed for engines with flat tappet lifters. Roller lifters don't require any break-in time.

:theman:

SRG963
12-03-2008, 01:14 PM
Thanks for the wonderful deal and fast shipping Greg. I'll be changing this weekend :)

Chewy
12-03-2008, 01:22 PM
Thanks for the wonderful deal and fast shipping Greg. I'll be changing this weekend :)

This isn't your first oil change though right?

SRG963
12-03-2008, 01:38 PM
This isn't your first oil change though right?

LMAO!

I'm pretty anal about my vehicles, first at 3k, second at 6k to Synthetic, and now I'm getting close to 14k (50% oil life) and I'm going to getRdun tomorrow I believe :D

Chewy
12-03-2008, 01:40 PM
LMAO!

I'm pretty anal about my vehicles, first at 3k, second at 6k to Synthetic, and now I'm getting close to 14k (50% oil life) and I'm going to getRdun tomorrow I believe :D

So you've changed yours as many times as I have then... I think I have 1300 miles on mine... :wacko:

First at 130 miles and second at about 750 or 800...

I like to get ALL that crap out of there right away.

NOW who's anal? :nah:

SRG963
12-03-2008, 01:49 PM
So you've changed yours as many times as I have then... I think I have 1300 miles on mine... :wacko:

First at 130 miles and second at about 750 or 800...

I like to get ALL that crap out of there right away.

NOW who's anal? :nah:

ROFLMAO! You Win! :first:

....but seriously, do you think these engines come with that many metal shavings? I would have thought in this wonderful age of technology, they would have eliminated that by now.

Chewy
12-03-2008, 01:54 PM
ROFLMAO! You Win! :first:

....but seriously, do you think these engines come with that many metal shavings? I would have thought in this wonderful age of technology, they would have eliminated that by now.

I'm more worried about the fine hone of the cylinders wearing off and passing through the filter.

Check out www.mototuneusa.com for his thoughts on breaking in an engine. This is how I did my last two bikes and this car now.

Chris

-Ray-
12-03-2008, 02:21 PM
I'm more worried about the fine hone of the cylinders wearing off and passing through the filter.

Check out www.mototuneusa.com for his thoughts on breaking in an engine. This is how I did my last two bikes and this car now.

Chris

This is very unlikely. I was at GM powertrain in Romulous MI, and since I measure surface roughness for a living, the hone operation leaves a plateaued surface. In other words, no high spots to wear down. I was looking at the LS3 blocks there.

Chewy
12-04-2008, 06:06 AM
This is very unlikely. I was at GM powertrain in Romulous MI, and since I measure surface roughness for a living, the hone operation leaves a plateaued surface. In other words, no high spots to wear down. I was looking at the LS3 blocks there.

There's still a hone and you can't tell me that doesn't wear down over time. That's kinda why they hone the cylinders... To cut the rings in.

I see where you're coming from though...

Either way... What I did with my multiple oil changes couldn't hurt anything... Not doing it... COULD...

I DO recycle my oil.:)

-Ray-
12-04-2008, 06:40 PM
There's still a hone and you can't tell me that doesn't wear down over time. That's kinda why they hone the cylinders... To cut the rings in.

I see where you're coming from though...

Either way... What I did with my multiple oil changes couldn't hurt anything... Not doing it... COULD...

I DO recycle my oil.:)

There is nothing wrong with you changing your oil. The cylinders aren't honed to cut the rings in. It's for lubrication.
I sold a $130k machine to PACCAR in WA state just for this reason. PACCAR is the tech center for Peterbuilt and Kenworth. They use a process using a laser to disrupt the cross hatching on the cylinder liners and then run them in dyno's to check wear rate and when the surface is smooth to the point of seizing.
I do happen to know a little about the process. This is what I do for a living. Mercedes Benz wrote the standard for this stuff. Din 4776
Long before the time the cylinders are too smooth to hold lubricity, the engine will be smoking out the exhaust.
Just so you know, I've spent 100's of hours at Ford in Cleveland and Lima working on their V6 head program. I'm also been to GM Powertrain, Mahle, TRW.

Greg@PacePerformance
12-19-2008, 06:43 AM
Get your Oil kits now. The price will be going up at the beginning of the new year.

Chewy
12-19-2008, 07:05 AM
Get your Oil kits now. The price will be going up at the beginning of the new year.

How much?

mjduell2009
12-19-2008, 07:08 AM
Excellent Deal, just ordered.

--Mike

G8GT721
12-20-2008, 09:18 AM
just bought 2

Kermit
12-20-2008, 05:04 PM
I had to get in on this before the year is over and that price goes up.

Thanks Greg.

Chewy
12-20-2008, 07:50 PM
I'd just like to know WHAT it's going up to!

Greg!

Greg@PacePerformance
12-22-2008, 10:28 AM
I'm not sure yet. I haven't looked over the numbers yet. I know RP changed their prices in October and we will have to be putting in another stock order soon. It don't see it being much but like I said I am not sure just yet.

Chewy
12-22-2008, 11:03 AM
I'm not sure yet. I haven't looked over the numbers yet. I know RP changed their prices in October and we will have to be putting in another stock order soon. It don't see it being much but like I said I am not sure just yet.

OK cool! I have less than 3000 on it now and will change it at 3000 with dino and then at 6 with the RP.

Have you heard of RP oil filters? Someone on the board was asking about them and I hadn't heard of them.

I wonder if they are another Champion Labs filter like K&N and Mobil.

Chris

wreckwriter
12-31-2008, 04:09 PM
Ordered my next change. Thanks Greg!

Greg@PacePerformance
01-02-2009, 11:18 AM
The price has been adjusted. It seems to have only gone up $1 - $2 for the kit.
I'm trying to keep you guys happy :)

wreckwriter
01-02-2009, 11:27 AM
You're doing good. I ordered yesterday but got email saying 5 day delay, oil out of stock. no biggie :)

It's A G8!
01-06-2009, 05:15 PM
I was at the auto parts store the other day looking at how much the RP was going to cost me. I was kind of shocked. Then I found out about this deal yesterday and im going to take advantage of it. Thanks again for the grrrr8 deal!

BlueJacket
01-06-2009, 05:17 PM
This deal is so great its been band from g8boards. lol

It's A G8!
01-06-2009, 05:22 PM
Sadly that's where I saw this special. Its good to have it here!

BlueJacket
01-06-2009, 05:24 PM
Hey, glad someone got the info before it was deleted.

GRRRR8
01-06-2009, 05:25 PM
Thats what pisses me off. What ALL members on all sites cant benefit from a great deal from Pace? They are saying their members dont deserve to save money. It wasnt a link to this site, it was a link to Pace Performance! IDIOTS!!

It's A G8!
01-06-2009, 05:37 PM
What really pissed them off was that it said the deal was for members of grrrr8.net. When I saw that I knew it wouln't last. The link that is.

BlueJacket
01-06-2009, 05:42 PM
I tried to sneak it in there. At first I was going to post a link to this post (just to start somthing) but I knew it would not last so I gave a direct link and it still got killed.

UGotSmkd
01-06-2009, 09:46 PM
I was at the auto parts store the other day looking at how much the RP was going to cost me. I was kind of shocked. Then I found out about this deal yesterday and im going to take advantage of it. Thanks again for the grrrr8 deal!

This package is a damn good deal, whereas $8.99/qt here at the parts store.

UGotSmkd
01-06-2009, 09:47 PM
What really pissed them off was that it said the deal was for members of grrrr8.net. When I saw that I knew it wouln't last. The link that is.

Yeah, I was about to say that is the first thing I saw when you click the link, lol. I bet that ruffled some feathers.

Greg@PacePerformance
01-07-2009, 11:15 AM
Yeah, I was about to say that is the first thing I saw when you click the link, lol. I bet that ruffled some feathers.

That was the whole reason for me putting that in the product description. :D If another site tried to post it and would link them to this site!

GRRRR8
01-07-2009, 11:22 AM
Greg, real sorry about the drama and dragging Pace into it, but I think you know this is BS!

Greg@PacePerformance
01-07-2009, 11:57 AM
It's ok some drama isn't always a bad thing. It gets people to look :) :bm:

MGMG8GT
01-09-2009, 11:23 AM
I ordered a oil change kit specifically from seeing the thread -- so no harm to Pace there.

I ordered the K&N with it, but my order says "No K&N Performance" -- Typo?

Look forward to it, I'll keep on ordering with these prices no brainer.

Greg@PacePerformance
01-12-2009, 08:56 AM
"No K&N Performance" is just letting the person filling the order that you didn't want the drain plug and you added the KN filter.

It's A G8!
02-05-2009, 02:59 PM
I just ordered mine!

It's A G8!
02-13-2009, 04:30 PM
Got it yesterday. Thanks

Toolboxx
03-29-2009, 10:09 AM
Tried to order mine but it your site wanted to charge $45 shipping and hand to AZ ? What did I do wrong?

-Ray-
03-29-2009, 11:02 AM
The part number for our kit is PAC-G8RPM (http://PacePerformance.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=245600)

Did you click on this? My shipping was free with a $10.00 handling charge. $63 for the oil with GM filter.

norm8332
03-29-2009, 04:03 PM
Ordered mine today, Good deal.

Greg@PacePerformance
03-30-2009, 12:03 PM
What did everyone decided to do their spring oil changes??? We shipped 90 qts of oil today for G8 oil changes!
Thanks for the support!

Chewy
03-30-2009, 01:18 PM
What did everyone decided to do their spring oil changes??? We shipped 90 qts of oil today for G8 oil changes!
Thanks for the support!

WOW! I need to get mine ordered pretty soon too.

Just over 5000 miles and will change at a bit over 6.

PerfectD3
03-30-2009, 02:10 PM
Damn it, I just changed my oil yesterday with mobil 1! Was tempted to pull the trigger on the royal purple but at 8.99 it was too steep. Greg, you just got a lifetime oil customer (subscriber?!?)!

h34d
04-01-2009, 07:48 AM
Time for the synthetic, ordered mine today.

Thanks Greg!!!

norm8332
04-01-2009, 09:18 AM
I ordered mine on Wednesday and it came on Thursday! You guys are fast!

PantherGTBlack
04-03-2009, 09:51 PM
Greg, you have a PM.

avintegrator
04-04-2009, 10:03 AM
Thanks for the deal Greg, i just got mine yesterday. Pulled in the driveway and there is a nice purple box sitting on the front porch! wooo whoooo. I was going to change it today but damn my yard looks like crap, looks like a tomorrow project.

liquidred
04-06-2009, 05:33 PM
its such a good deal i ordered mine saturday but they ran out so hopefully it will come soon im sure it will

'02 ws6
04-06-2009, 07:51 PM
I'll be ordering a kit myself on Thursday after I get paid. Really GRRRR8 deal you guys got going on BTW!

I told some people over on Tech about this deal, but that you had to be a GRRRR8.net member to get in on it so hopefully your Kit drew some forum interest as well.

Top Speed
04-07-2009, 05:58 AM
This is the best deal going. Got my oil and filter 2 days after I ordered it!

Greg@PacePerformance
04-09-2009, 12:56 PM
Just recived a full skid of RP today. Oil is back in stock!

G8GT594
04-12-2009, 01:47 PM
Just ordered again. Thanks Pace!

SpiderJedi
04-12-2009, 05:58 PM
I wish I would have seen this 2 days ago! I changed my oil yesterday, paid $7.90 a quart from the auto parts store. Used a M1-113 filter from Mobil 1.

MY cost: 83.1 +Tax

I'll be ordering from PACE in 5,000 miles!

:woohoo:

MrFoggy
04-14-2009, 12:09 PM
WOW! I have no words...

I'll be buying all my oil from you from now on.

Panzer Leader
04-14-2009, 03:43 PM
Now thats American!

99-LS1-SS
04-17-2009, 09:23 AM
Upon request I have put together an synthetic oil change kit. As low as $64.00

Edit: Just raised our flat shipping fee $2.00
Is this deal still valid? If so I want to place an order for it. I'm assuming the GXP oil filter is the same as the GT's.

Greg@PacePerformance
04-28-2009, 06:59 AM
How did I miss this post? Sorry for the long delay on the reply. Yes the GXP uses the same filter and YES the deal is still good.

99-LS1-SS
08-04-2009, 05:34 AM
Just ordered my kit.

jadesboutique
08-17-2009, 09:39 AM
bump for a great deal, about to order for my 2nd time :)

Thunder_PC
08-23-2009, 02:00 PM
Is the magnetic drain plug gone? I didn't see it listed as a kit option any more, so I did a search on the site, and the one I think works says "magnetic plug is no longer available".

BluYa76
08-23-2009, 09:35 PM
Is the magnetic drain plug gone? I didn't see it listed as a kit option any more, so I did a search on the site, and the one I think works says "magnetic plug is no longer available".

There was a change from 08's to 09's with size of the plug. So there is not an option as of yet for us.

wyldman
10-05-2009, 07:50 AM
Thanks Pace!

khaneric
12-22-2009, 11:51 PM
There was a change from 08's to 09's with size of the plug. So there is not an option as of yet for us.

Well this would explain why it didn't fit in my 09 when I changed the oil this weekend :(

99-LS1-SS
12-23-2009, 05:42 AM
Just ordered another kit.

h34d
04-12-2010, 10:43 AM
Just ordered another kit. Thanks Greg!

BTW, they offer Royal Purple filters as an upgrade now, too!

Greg@PacePerformance
04-12-2010, 10:49 AM
Yes they just arrived last Friday! We wern't going to carry them but seen a bunch of interest so I added another option.

Thanks again everyone

BATOYGIO
04-12-2010, 11:57 AM
About to order one this week. Is the $70 the grrrr8 member price or do I have to type in my info in the order details to get it even cheaper?

Greg@PacePerformance
04-12-2010, 12:29 PM
That is the current forum member price

kje141
05-24-2010, 11:36 AM
Just bought my kit for the second time! Thanks!

Seattle09GT
05-24-2010, 11:46 AM
AWESOME! Wish I had known about this last month :(

Also great that you offer a magnetic drain plug - I had asked about that about a year ago, I was stunned to find out that our G8 didn't come with one out of the gate.

PantherGTBlack
07-20-2010, 10:24 PM
Greg, wanting to order a couple oil change kits but it says service unavailable when I go to the site. Do you know about this?? JW

Auston

Greg@PacePerformance
07-21-2010, 06:34 AM
The site is back up and running. We have had many issues with out shopping cart host in the past years and got the OK from the owner to put a good chunk of money into a new site. It should be up and running in early September we hope. Many new features to come.
Thanks again for the business everyone!

JonnyG2132
07-22-2010, 06:31 AM
i didnt think we could put Royal Purple in our cars?

BlueJacket
07-22-2010, 09:07 AM
i didnt think we could put Royal Purple in our cars?

Why? We can use anything as long as its the right weight and amount.

JonnyG2132
07-22-2010, 12:47 PM
I thought something on the back of the bottle said something about specific years?

Mike P
08-20-2010, 03:47 PM
Has anyone used the Royal Purple #10-48 oil filter? I'm pretty sure that is the one for the G8 6.0 engine.....

http://www.royalpurple.com/rp-oil-filter.html