PDA

View Full Version : Too much power!?!?!?

SuperSonic
05-30-2009, 05:35 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NbVUDZ7pt1I&feature=channel_page

G8GT721
05-30-2009, 06:23 PM
is that possible

Atlas
05-30-2009, 06:28 PM
is that at VMP??? i wish i had gone to Pontiacs in the Park...

and you just need to do a burnout before the pass to get the water off the tires...

DRCUSTOMPARTS
05-30-2009, 06:29 PM
They probably drove through the water box and the tires were slippery. You're supposed to drive around the water if you're not doing a burnout.

done12many2
05-30-2009, 06:32 PM
He is loading the drivetrain too much at the tree. Sure, put your foot on the brake and load the drivetrain with a little power, but don't give it enough gas to spin it at the tree waiting for the green.

SuperSonic
05-30-2009, 06:50 PM
Yeh that was at vmp and steve is the grey and im the blue and yes i figured he was preloading a little too much but we had a blast

Atlas
05-30-2009, 06:51 PM
go back to VMP next friday night...

WHSTLR
05-30-2009, 06:55 PM
He is loading the drivetrain too much at the tree. Sure, put your foot on the brake and load the drivetrain with a little power, but don't give it enough gas to spin it at the tree waiting for the green.

I agree! And I believe he ran through the water box as well which is a no no w/ street tires. Sure you may spin but you also brought water up to the staging area and the big HP guys suffer from loss of traction, blowing the engine, or hitting a wall. Even if you have a street legal DR you should drive around the waterbox and back up to do a burnout. The front tires are not skinnies and will also drag water forward. Only cars setup for the track should drive through the box.

done12many2
05-30-2009, 07:10 PM
I agree! And I believe he ran through the water box as well which is a no no w/ street tires. Sure you may spin but you also brought water up to the staging area and the big HP guys suffer from loss of traction, blowing the engine, or hitting a wall. Even if you have a street legal DR you should drive around the waterbox and back up to do a burnout. The front tires are not skinnies and will also drag water forward. Only cars setup for the track should drive through the box.

Those guys dragging water all over the track are not only a nightmare for high HP guys, but guys like me as well. I have been using the OEM tire which is hard enough to launch with my setup, but toss a drop of water or two into the mix and I am having a bad day :(

I always go completely around the water box.

G8GT594
05-30-2009, 09:40 PM
Those guys dragging water all over the track are not only a nightmare for high HP guys, but guys like me as well. I have been using the OEM tire which is hard enough to launch with my setup, but toss a drop of water or two into the mix and I am having a bad day :(

I always go completely around the water box.

I dont worry about it to much.

If your worried about the ethics of it. If your running a radial or a slick in the rear drive around the water box, then back up into it and do your burn out. The street tires on the front will pick up the water from the box and may cause a issue.

Kermit
05-31-2009, 01:32 PM
That was Pat and myself. I was the gray and I know not to go through the water box but when the track guys are standing there with a water hose spraying everything down, there is no area to drive "around". I believe that was my fifth or sixth run and I was done with burning my street tires.
I did a LOT of things wrong yesterday but it was also my first time to the track in over something like 6-7 years. I just wanted to get back into driving it hard for a bit and now will start to work on things to better my time. One of which will be to lower my tire pressures down from 50 PSI!!! :wacko:
My best time was a 13.510 which was my first run with traction control on.

Atlas,
I PMed you asking if you were going but you never got back with me. :( Would have been fun meeting other G8ers. Your not going to like this but we found out to late that they had a G8 class and no one raced so no money was giver out. Pat and I could have won $250 and $100 if we knew what was going on. :mad: