PDA

View Full Version : 2009 G8 - V6 Check engine light.

Panzer Leader
05-30-2009, 04:55 PM
I cannot believe this. Got in my car this M. Turned the key and the DIC popped up with CHECK ENGINE LIGHT with the FLASHING LIGHTNING BOLT. At first I thought it indicated an attack by a KLINGON Bird of Pry. I tried raising my shields but was too late. I called the dealer and was instructed to call On Star and they would run the diagnosis. They did. I was informed that it showed that the gas cap had not been properly tightened down. Well thats interesting as it had 300 miles since the last refuel. I was also told that the Light would go out after the car had been restarted seven (7) times. It is now nightfall here and I have been running around and the car has been off and on seven (7) times and the light is still on. (Another Dorothy click your heels 3 times) Car will be going in on Monday AM as they (the Dealer) finally got the Pedders Alignment Washers. Anyway Charlie any ideas? Any reports of defective fuel caps? ON STAR and the Dealer both said the car is safe to drive. Well, what the hell its under Obama Warranty now.:usa: BTWCharlie that little shit has not sent me the codes for the Saturn yet. Guess it not that important for him so it ain't for me.

GRRRR8
05-30-2009, 06:13 PM
Lots of fuel cap issues.

Panzer Leader
05-30-2009, 06:52 PM
Thanks Charlie. I take that to mean that it could be a gasket issue with the gas cap? I am very attentive to closing my gas caps and listen closely for the clicks. And the engine light did not come on for 300 miles since the last refill. So I guess it means a new cap????

fiveoh
05-30-2009, 10:51 PM
I had the same problem with mine. Had to take it in to the dealer twice before they ordered me a new one. Fixed the problem. They said they had replaced 2-3 others that week as well seems to be a common issue.

Panzer Leader
06-02-2009, 01:16 PM
A quick update. Tire pressure now reading the same with conventional tire guages and the DIC. Nothing was replaced on the car. I real mystery. I will check the tires again tomorrow. I guess it took three heel clicks of the Ruby Slippers to correct the problem. Then again, it might have been Toto peeing on the tires.

Panzer Leader
06-02-2009, 06:17 PM
And no, the gas cap was not replaced. If it happens again, it will be replaced under warranty. And no the Pedders washers to do the alignment have not been heard from. At least some issues have been addressed. And I am more than confident that all will be. Long ago, I vowed never to yell at a service writer. They did not design it, nor did they build it.