PDA

View Full Version : PNW Summer Solstice GTG - June 19, 2009 - Lynnwood, WA - 4 PM to 8 PM

BobtheMonkee
05-30-2009, 04:29 PM
WHERE: Lynnwood Taco Time parking lot - Intersection of 196th & 44th, Lynnwood, Washington from 4 PM to 7 PM (where the former Lynnwood Hooter's use to be) and then Lynnwood Red Robin 18410 33rd Ave West (by Alderwood Mall, on the JC Penny side)

WHEN: June 19, 2009 4 PM to 8 PM (subject to weather)

WHAT: Car Show - no trophies or judging, no official organizer, this is just a bunch of car enthusiasts getting together - there must have been 100 cars on 5/29 - this happens weekly. After the car show (leave around 7 PM) burgers and beers at Red Robin in Lynnwood

WHO: You, your G8 and your family/friends

YOU SHOULD KNOW: Many of the interesections in this area have red light cameras. If it is a bright/sunny day it will be hot, suggest you bring lawn chairs and a cooler of your favorites. This is not an "official" car show so there is a lot of people coming in and out, you'll need to keep an eye on kids. There is a Ford Mustang club that shows up every week, we need to out show them!!!

If you are going to show up late we can hold a spot for you, but we need an accurate count of how many so we're not rude to other people showing cars and holding spots unnecessarially.

ORGANIZER: David - you can PM me with questions or call (206) 669-1316

R.Penguin
06-02-2009, 07:57 PM
Well dayum BTM! I fergot what this here PNW thread even existed. I recon I just might try to make this one, seein' as how it's only a few minutes South 'o here.

Mustangers, huh? I'd shore be honored if'n I could bring my Glock S&W .40 and a few boxes of ammo. Jes' fer fun, ya know? I'd let you shoot a few too.

Toss a reminder my way around the 17th or so. My memory is shorter than my DIC. :(

:rofl:

BobtheMonkee
06-02-2009, 09:05 PM
o lawdy, imma finally git to meet the penguin...i hope my IQ doesnt drop too much in your presence ;)

Seattle09GT
06-03-2009, 10:07 AM
Can't wait to see all the G8's were going to have there, it looks like by 6 PM we'll have 8 or 9 present - VERY COOL - if we get a couple of more we should outnumber those darn Mustangs.

R.Penguin
06-03-2009, 01:57 PM
Huh? I don't get it! :p

BTW, I wuz talking about shooting the Mustangs, not the drivers, lest anyone think that I an crazy. AHHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHHAAAA! :rofl:

Usually one round into the radiator messes 'em up a bit.:flame:

R.Penguin
06-03-2009, 02:24 PM
We aren't gonna have to buy a taco are we? Taco Time damn near killed my youngest daughter when she was in school in Pullman. (Ecoli) She was the first one to come down with it. We almost lost her before more cases showed up & they figured it out.:(

http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg156/pingucof/Deanna08.jpg

Sorry, I should not have posted this. It's just that that name brings back some really bad memories.:puke:

Seattle09GT
06-03-2009, 03:03 PM
We aren't gonna have to buy a taco are we? Taco Time damn near killed my youngest daughter when she was in school in Pullman. (Ecoli) She was the first one to come down with it. We almost lost her before more cases showed up & they figured it out.:(

http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg156/pingucof/Deanna08.jpg

Sorry, I should not have posted this. It's just that that name brings back some really bad memories.:puke:

No, this is located in a what the retail sector would call a, "dead mall."

The anchor store of CompUSA closed in the first round of cuts before the whole company went broke. The Hooters that was there literally DISAPPEARED overnight, the signs, the furniture, all of it, like it never existed. We jokingly called the Lynnwood Hooters the "Chevy Avalanche Fan Club of North America World HQ."

Then Wherehouse Music left, then two furniture stores, the Chevy's Mexican Restaurant closed. What's left is a sporting goods store (not Big Five not GI Joes the other one) McDonalds, a small strip mall with a local club that at one time was the number one source for DUI arrests in the state (Davethumpers), a Subway, a Starbucks, and a sushi restuarant with a struggling real estate office.

The cars gather closest to the Taco Time - all of this is connected in a big parking lot. The plan is to leave around 7 PM and head over to Red Robin in Lynnwood (about 1-1/2 miles away) for burgers and beer - no Taco Time. Personally I hate their food, but I appreciate the ownership of this one allowing enthusiasts to gather there.

R.Penguin
06-03-2009, 03:15 PM
No, this is located in a what the retail sector would call a, "dead mall."

The anchor store of CompUSA closed in the first round of cuts before the whole company went broke. The Hooters that was there literally DISAPPEARED overnight, the signs, the furniture, all of it, like it never existed. We jokingly called the Lynnwood Hooters the "Chevy Avalanche Fan Club of North America World HQ."

Then Wherehouse Music left, then two furniture stores, the Chevy's Mexican Restaurant closed. What's left is a sporting goods store (not Big Five not GI Joes the other one) McDonalds, a small strip mall with a local club that at one time was the number one source for DUI arrests in the state (Davethumpers), a Subway, a Starbucks, and a sushi restuarant with a struggling real estate office.

The cars gather closest to the Taco Time - all of this is connected in a big parking lot. The plan is to leave around 7 PM and head over to Red Robin in Lynnwood (about 1-1/2 miles away) for burgers and beer - no Taco Time. Personally I hate their food, but I appreciate the ownership of this one allowing enthusiasts to gather there.
I can live with that then! :p

BobtheMonkee
06-03-2009, 03:46 PM
sounds like its gonna be a good time :)

sad story penguin, its good everything ended up alright...was there a lawsuit?

R.Penguin
06-03-2009, 08:06 PM
sounds like its gonna be a good time :)

sad story penguin, its good everything ended up alright...was there a lawsuit?
Best we not go there BTM, it's all good now. :p

So far it actually looks like Mrs. Penguin wants to come along. :)

Miss Naysay better be there, she luvs babys!

R.Penguin
06-05-2009, 11:48 AM
I did a 'drive by' yesterday and it looks good.

I don't think I'll wear my gang colors tho'. :rofl:

MissNaySimon
06-06-2009, 08:50 AM
.. Wait. You actually plan on showing up? :O

BobtheMonkee
06-06-2009, 12:03 PM
i know its crazy, aint it nay? its like the devil's ass has frozen!

R.Penguin
06-07-2009, 04:23 PM
.. Wait. You actually plan on showing up? :O
Well sure! I'll drive 12 minutes to meet folks, no sweat. :p

Like I said, you better bring the baby (the one that's already out naturally):p

Mrs. penguin gets all goo goo over babys. LOL

Seattle09GT
06-17-2009, 01:46 PM
Cross posted from the other site:

Quick roll call, who is going to be there by 4 PM?

If those arriving earlier can mark off a single spot next to them, we only need say 4 or 5 people to block off 8 to 10 spots without causing widespread ire that we've taken over the whole darn thing - LOL.

It would be great if we could keep as many of our cars together and keep a couple of spots open for late arrivals.

Also, make sure you bring lawn chairs or something else to sit on. Three hours is a long time, you probably won't want to sit in your car as people are looking at them, and otherwise there really isn't any other place to sit. Also a couple of lawn chairs is a great way to block off a spot. Hard to park when someone is sitting there (and MANY people do this).

For those bringing kids, the Grocery Outlet within walking distance of where we will be sells a number of ice cream treats (popsicles, ice cream bars, etc. etc.) for 25 to 69 cents each in their freezer, varies on what is in there. My daughter loves going there to pick up a little something and its a cheap way to provide 30 minutes of entertainment (just keep them away from my car if you get a cherry popsicle!!!)

This is going to be GREAT!!!

Defeater
06-17-2009, 07:57 PM
There will be five cars rolling up at the same time (probably around 5:30), so make sure to have at least that many spots by then!

Seattle09GT
06-17-2009, 09:00 PM
There will be five cars rolling up at the same time (probably around 5:30), so make sure to have at least that many spots by then!

No issues, if others show up by 4 PM. I can mark off two parking spots if I'm first (to my left and right). Knowing you have five coming is helpful, we can gap out the early arrivals to keep the spots between empty.

Defeater
06-17-2009, 09:48 PM
No issues, if others show up by 4 PM. I can mark off two parking spots if I'm first (to my left and right). Knowing you have five coming is helpful, we can gap out the early arrivals to keep the spots between empty.

Just make sure not all the light/dark/same colors are all next to one another... we're going to have a Sport Red, two Liquid Reds, Magnetic Gray, and a Panther Black.

At the XXX meet all the colored ones were on one side, and all the gray/black ones were on the other... was looking pretty awkward.

R.Penguin
06-18-2009, 01:45 PM
Just make sure not all the light/dark/same colors are all next to one another... we're going to have a Sport Red, two Liquid Reds, Magnetic Gray, and a Panther Black.

At the XXX meet all the colored ones were on one side, and all the gray/black ones were on the other... was looking pretty awkward.
And, of course, the finest color of all. PSM :p

R.Penguin
06-18-2009, 01:59 PM
Cross posted from the other site:

Quick roll call, who is going to be there by 4 PM?

If those arriving earlier can mark off a single spot next to them, we only need say 4 or 5 people to block off 8 to 10 spots without causing widespread ire that we've taken over the whole darn thing - LOL.

It would be great if we could keep as many of our cars together and keep a couple of spots open for late arrivals.

Also, make sure you bring lawn chairs or something else to sit on. Three hours is a long time, you probably won't want to sit in your car as people are looking at them, and otherwise there really isn't any other place to sit. Also a couple of lawn chairs is a great way to block off a spot. Hard to park when someone is sitting there (and MANY people do this).

For those bringing kids, the Grocery Outlet within walking distance of where we will be sells a number of ice cream treats (popsicles, ice cream bars, etc. etc.) for 25 to 69 cents each in their freezer, varies on what is in there. My daughter loves going there to pick up a little something and its a cheap way to provide 30 minutes of entertainment (just keep them away from my car if you get a cherry popsicle!!!)

This is going to be GREAT!!!
Tomorrow is the last day of school in Mukilteo, so Mrs. Penguin has to deal with all of the (#%%&*&^) teachers that come in at 4:00pm and say "Oh! I seem to have misplaced my keys to the school".

Each of these clods must wait to be put on the rack and tortured mercilessly until they finally remember that the keys are holding up the short leg on the kitchen table at home. :p

We are hoping to be there by 5:30-6:00 after she changes out of her blood spattered clothes. :puke:

christiancoach
06-18-2009, 02:21 PM
Just a thought: If you mark out some space in the second or third row back from the street, you might raise less of an ire from the regulars. That many G8's will still pull people to come and look at the cars.

Seattle09GT
06-18-2009, 02:23 PM
Agreed

Defeater
06-18-2009, 02:48 PM
I posted on the other board that I have counted 12 cars confirming for this so far. So if you are able to say "we have 12 cars coming" rather than just "some more are coming" it makes people less irritated when they are trying to find a place to park.

Will this just be one long row of G8s, or...?

EDIT: 13 cars now I am told

Seattle09GT
06-18-2009, 03:37 PM
My hope is one long row of G8's would be very cool!

R.Penguin
06-18-2009, 03:44 PM
I posted on the other board that I have counted 12 cars confirming for this so far. So if you are able to say "we have 12 cars coming" rather than just "some more are coming" it makes people less irritated when they are trying to find a place to park.

Will this just be one long row of G8s, or...?

EDIT: 13 cars now I am told
Verra cool! :p

I am wearing my Commodore uniform. Ten-HUT! :nah:

r33pwrd
06-18-2009, 05:58 PM
wish i could make it but this new house is taking all my time... have not even washed the G8 in a month :(

R.Penguin
06-18-2009, 06:00 PM
wish i could make it but this new house is taking all my time... have not even washed the G8 in a month :(
Big deal! I haven't had a bath in a month either! :p

Errr, I mean I understand. :)

BobtheMonkee
06-18-2009, 06:15 PM
looking forward to meetin some new peeps tomorrow :):woohoo:

Defeater
06-18-2009, 06:17 PM

Don't you live like, right down the road?

Take a water hose and wash rag to the G8 and come spend half an hour with us! (I'll buy you a can of beer?)

BobtheMonkee
06-18-2009, 07:47 PM
a can of beer....lol...thats enticing

r33pwrd
06-18-2009, 08:05 PM
Don't you live like, right down the road?

Take a water hose and wash rag to the G8 and come spend half an hour with us! (I'll buy you a can of beer?)

I would but with 2 house payment im in a rush to get the new house ready to move into so I can rent the other :) anyone looking for a nice 2 year old 4 bedroom house in Maple Valley to rent?

grandmacpubah
06-18-2009, 09:02 PM
just means I'm the only stryker again xD

BobtheMonkee
06-18-2009, 09:15 PM
smurf!!!

r33pwrd
06-19-2009, 06:54 AM
just means I'm the only stryker again xD

the only wet stryker :) Hope the weather gets better for you guys tonight! It is raining pretty good in issaquah right now :(

MissNaySimon
06-19-2009, 07:33 AM
I hope it does too.. I'm about to get up and start cleaning the car. Or, atleast watching Brenden clean the car..

r33pwrd
06-19-2009, 07:36 AM
I hope it does too.. I'm about to get up and start cleaning the car. Or, atleast watching Brenden clean the car..

you sound like my wife :)

Seattle09GT
06-19-2009, 08:23 AM
It is not raining anymore up here (I'm in Edmonds) but it is still very wet. If this turns into a rain out we are still meeting. Reading the comments here it sounds like no one has gotten 13 G8's in the same spot before. We'll still meet at the car show location, and if it is just dumping on us go to Red Robin early. My cell is (206) 669-1316 if you have questions/concerns as you're driving up. Know we have a lot of people coming from the south Sound later in the day.

MissNaySimon
06-19-2009, 09:22 AM
you sound like my wife :)

It was my job to run the errands, pick up the claybar kit and cleaning stuff - now he can use it.

R.Penguin
06-19-2009, 10:20 AM
It is not raining anymore up here (I'm in Edmonds) but it is still very wet. If this turns into a rain out we are still meeting. Reading the comments here it sounds like no one has gotten 13 G8's in the same spot before. We'll still meet at the car show location, and if it is just dumping on us go to Red Robin early. My cell is (206) 669-1316 if you have questions/concerns as you're driving up. Know we have a lot of people coming from the south Sound later in the day.
Roger that!

I am going out in the driveway now to do the Penguin "rain go the f*ck away dance.":p

Seattle09GT
06-19-2009, 10:39 AM
Roger that!

I am going out in the driveway now to do the Penguin "rain go the f*ck away dance.":p

I thought penguins liked rain.

And herring heads.

And played electric tuba.

And are in love with Lola Granola. <--- anyone who gets this reference is REALLY cool!

Seattle09GT
06-19-2009, 02:07 PM
It is 70 degrees and mostly cloudy, streets are dry. Just finished driving from Federal Way to Edmonds, traffic isn't terrible (yet) I-5 is dry all the way. I'm leaving my house now.

R.Penguin
06-19-2009, 02:29 PM
You are a very troubled individual.!

:woohoo:.....................welcome:p

No penguin of any stature in penguin society would possibly admit to not holding Opus in Godlike reverence. Let's face it! All those zombies in "March of the Penguins" were stoned out of their minds. I mean, like, NO personality....zip!

Opus, on the other flipper, has reached the pinnacle of Godlike stardome by appearing on the front page of the Sunday Funnies not once, but TWICE! :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Opus_strip.jpg

Opus has, however, been castigated at times for his apparent infatuation with one of the worlds ugliest females.

That would be Lola.:p

R.Penguin
06-19-2009, 02:43 PM
Roger that!

It appears to have helped, but DAMN, I'm tired! :p

R.Penguin
06-19-2009, 03:41 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! I just felt a raindrop!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:puke:

christiancoach
06-19-2009, 08:50 PM
My Photoshop merged pic:
http://forum.grrrr8.net/showthread.php?p=107530&posted=1#post107530

Seattle09GT
06-19-2009, 09:20 PM
We had 12, very impressive showing, more than the Mustang guys. I will leave it to some other capable wordsmith to tell the story about the cranky old man in the green Ferd.

Seattle09GT
06-19-2009, 11:33 PM
I hate you guys. :angeldevil:

I hate you guys so very much :spc:

Tonight's meet is going to cost me about, $2,400.

I hate you guys. :spc:

After seeing all of your G8s, in order, the mods now on my list for this summer because of all of you:

1) Superchips Cortex programmer (I believe I am getting this Sunday - happy Father's Day indeed!!!)
2) Billet Prototypes catch can with braided hoses in black
3) Straight pipe exhaust, because mufflers are for wimps and good Lord that exhaust on the CTS-V sounded so damn good
4) Volant CAI
5) Clear bra or more likely shoot the nose of the car with another layer of clear coat
6) Spare tire with jack (this was already on my list)
7) Have the 10" amplified Bazooka tube subwoofer taken out of my previous Grand Prix installed into the G8 (OK, I won't blame you guys for this one)
8) Holden 19" wheel caps

So given sales tax, shipping, and all the rest, I figure this will cost me $2,400.

Save my bonus I said. Don't spend it on stuff this year I said. There still a recession and you could get laid off I said. Put it in the bank I said.

Ya...right.

God, I hate you guys. ;)

Nah, nothing but love! :woohoo:

BobtheMonkee
06-20-2009, 10:37 AM
haha, you got the bug! congrats :D

grandmacpubah
06-20-2009, 11:24 AM
I hate you guys. :angeldevil:

I hate you guys so very much :spc:

Tonight's meet is going to cost me about, $2,400.

I hate you guys. :spc:

After seeing all of your G8s, in order, the mods now on my list for this summer because of all of you:

1) Superchips Cortex programmer (I believe I am getting this Sunday - happy Father's Day indeed!!!)
2) Billet Prototypes catch can with braided hoses in black
3) Straight pipe exhaust, because mufflers are for wimps and good Lord that exhaust on the CTS-V sounded so damn good
4) Volant CAI
5) Clear bra or more likely shoot the nose of the car with another layer of clear coat
6) Spare tire with jack (this was already on my list)
7) Have the 10" amplified Bazooka tube subwoofer taken out of my previous Grand Prix installed into the G8 (OK, I won't blame you guys for this one)
8) Holden 19" wheel caps

So given sales tax, shipping, and all the rest, I figure this will cost me $2,400.

Save my bonus I said. Don't spend it on stuff this year I said. There still a recession and you could get laid off I said. Put it in the bank I said.

Ya...right.

God, I hate you guys. ;)

Nah, nothing but love! :woohoo:

lol you need to order the catch can today!! just think of the oil and sludge you saw...bad...very bad....and $2400 is nothing...wait till you want to cam or pedderize...

R.Penguin
06-20-2009, 12:37 PM
That looks good. For sure no dealer ever had a row like that.

So, to add insult to injury to the deadbutt SW guys in Texas who probably spent their Friday evening in the back yard kicking road apples around, I will now throw out a very (what else?) obnoxious challenge.

To wit. Sooooooooo, here we are, up here right next to Alaska where there are maybe 13-14 total G8's in the entire 4 Northwestern states. And, in a driving torrential rainstorm, the likes of which would have had the 'Texas boys' scurrying to get their cars under cover :rofl:, the brave, handsome, stunning, well behaved (of course our women & children were with us! Duh??) and intrepid NW gang manage to put an even dozen (count 'em - 12) spectacularly modded and polished G8's, GXP's in a perfect row! All this while being tempted by the smell of cheap greasy tacos and burritos (burp) and having to chase 'stanger wannabe's' out of our hard won territory! The 'stang boys were so in awe of our numbers and cars, they finally fled the scene making those odd, raspy noises that Ford toy engines make.:p Even more daunting, although some of the clan drove for hours in a monsoon to be here, as any true NW G8 aficionado would do, we were forced to wait for hours OUTSIDE Red Robin in order to feed our familys.:windy:

(OK, I would have had second thoughts about letting this rowdy gang inside too.)

Finally, after putting up a large stack of dinero as a bond, we were allowed inside, ordered and, after allowing other customers to leave or move far away, ate just short of starvations door.

No doubt I missed many interesting and dangerous episodes since penguins always arrive fashionably late.

I hope others will post some of the dastardly deeds attempted by the competition, and some of the openly hostile incidents that occured.

In closing, I must allow the SW contingent an out, since we all know that they could never pull anything like this off. They are, after all, fellow Grrrr8'ers. :nah:

R.Penguin
06-20-2009, 12:46 PM
http://forum.grrrr8.net/showthread.php?p=107738&posted=1#post107738

grandmacpubah
06-20-2009, 01:42 PM
and some very well behaved, stunningly beautiful, looked just like their father children. ;) (and a beautiful wife to boot)

R.Penguin
06-20-2009, 02:01 PM
and some very well behaved, stunningly beautiful, looked just like their father children. ;) (and a beautiful wife to boot)
"and some very well behaved, stunningly beautiful, looked just like their father children. (and a beautiful wife to boot)"

A statement that no one would dare challenge, as it is, indeed, the truth! :p

R.Penguin
06-20-2009, 02:07 PM
That is pure evil! But true! :devil: :huh:

grandmacpubah
06-20-2009, 02:11 PM
That is pure evil! But true! :devil: :huh:

so wrong on so many levels lmao

R.Penguin
06-20-2009, 02:18 PM
so wrong on so many levels lmao
He's doomed! :p

MissNaySimon
06-20-2009, 09:55 PM

Thanks. I think Tristen looks like Brenden too. :) And yeah, I am pretty hot.

grandmacpubah
06-21-2009, 08:16 AM
Thanks. I think Tristen looks like Brenden too. :) And yeah, I am pretty hot.

your little tot was adorable...my littlest thought he was a little doll, and we all know pregnant women are hot. ;)

MissNaySimon
06-21-2009, 08:54 PM
Yeah, your kids were so cute. I want a daughter!! :( Maybe I'll get one this time around. Just what we need - another Nay running around!!