PDA

View Full Version : Any APS kits left?

Scalarrthu
05-29-2009, 08:17 PM
So I have been talking a lot with my maggie guy about a 1900 for the G8, but the more and more I think about it I am still leaning toward a twin turbo kit for the car. I have dealt with APS in the past and am blown away with their products and service. I know they quit producing the kit, but was wondering if anybody (vendors or other) still had some kits laying around. Thanks.

Robert@KBXPerformance
05-29-2009, 09:57 PM
GenTT also offers a twin system for the G8. Might want to check with them too.

VegasNate
05-30-2009, 05:33 AM
You aren't messing around.

G8GT721
05-30-2009, 07:39 AM
you could ask Intense Racing if they could help you, but i think they sold all of them

GTPprix
05-30-2009, 07:55 AM
Has anyone verified they are indeed out of production? I find it odd that a car still being built/sold in Australia and hasn't even hit its peak aftermarket wise here yet that a company would STOP making product especially when most of the parts used work in the kits for the Holden/Export.

G8GT721
05-30-2009, 08:15 AM
I think Intense posted that they would be no longer produce, on the website it says if you want to inquire about a product look here
APS Dealers by State (http://www.airpowersystems.com/us_spec/dealers/domestic.htm), im curious as to how many kits they actually produced before they decided to hang it up.

GTPprix
05-30-2009, 08:27 AM
I'm still skeptical they even stopped, makes ZERO sense.

Devilish34
05-30-2009, 10:00 AM

Wouldn't this kit be close to what would go on a Camaro

GTPprix
05-30-2009, 10:03 AM
Yes it would and again the cars are still in production in AUS, albeit RHD but that doesn't change THAT much if you look at the kits; just strange is all.

G8GT721
05-30-2009, 11:08 AM
the directions are for a holden; edited slightly, in a few parts it tells you it to check for clearance from steering shaft on the RHS piping, or it sends you looking for something thats not there

someones best bet would be to contact a dealer/vender and ask about the kit, or call APS

Scalarrthu
05-30-2009, 04:52 PM
You aren't messing around.

Well I can't let you be the fastest G8 in town now, can I? :huh: I did stop by to talk to Garth today though, and he was really leaning heavily toward a maggie for the car (who would have thought Garth would be trying to talk some sense into me). They did have a brand new 2300 sitting down there that looked pretty good...so now I'm confused again, not sure what the hell to do.

I am trying to get in touch with Peter from APS to see how true it is with them stopping production on the kits, b/c like everybody else it doesn't make sense.

What to do, what to do?

VegasNate
05-30-2009, 06:49 PM
Well I can't let you be the fastest G8 in town now, can I? :huh: I did stop by to talk to Garth today though, and he was really leaning heavily toward a maggie for the car (who would have thought Garth would be trying to talk some sense into me). They did have a brand new 2300 sitting down there that looked pretty good...so now I'm confused again, not sure what the hell to do.

I am trying to get in touch with Peter from APS to see how true it is with them stopping production on the kits, b/c like everybody else it doesn't make sense.

What to do, what to do?

I need to make an appearance over there at LEP. I'm so close to my goal of saving for the 2300. I'm tired of talking about it! I just want it to be a reality.:repair:

Scott @ INTENSE
06-01-2009, 08:49 AM
Has anyone verified they are indeed out of production? I find it odd that a car still being built/sold in Australia and hasn't even hit its peak aftermarket wise here yet that a company would STOP making product especially when most of the parts used work in the kits for the Holden/Export.

Yes, APS put their G8 kits 'on hold until further notice'. We purchased (and already sold) all of their remaining inventory. We have great respect for this company, although we do not like the direction they've gone with these kits. :(