PDA

View Full Version : What do i need to get from Pedders?

G8GT594
05-29-2009, 06:31 AM
What do i need to get from Pedders to get rid of this shit collapsed front bushings?

My car isn't showing any symptoms of it (no noises, cracking, etc) but cutting the wheel all the way to left and to the right confirms that they are pretty bad.

Just want to get some clarification before purchasing...

Thanks.

Chewy
05-29-2009, 06:32 AM
If they're not making noise I really wouldn't worry about it.

G8GT594
05-29-2009, 06:47 AM
If they're not making noise I really wouldn't worry about it.

I'm sure it will as it gets driven more. That's where I'm concerned. Only reason that I checked it was because it started to feeling a little loose. Could I get away with getting one of there bushing packages?
BlackBerry8330/4.5.0.77 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105

Chewy
05-29-2009, 06:48 AM
Yes. Get the strut bushings and bearings and you're golden. They aren't cheap though.

I went with the touring kit as it wasn't that much more and I got all new struts and springs. It's truly amazing how it transformed the car.

beach
05-29-2009, 03:55 PM
If you just want to remedy the strut top issues, you want with prices taken from the Pedders site:

(2) 5851 Heavy Duty Strut Mounts - $42.99 each
(2) 5030 Strut Mount Bearing - $38.57 each

This essentially just requires removal of the front strut/spring, replacement of the busing & bearing (the bearing will fall apart and the bushing is crushed, allowing slop and often grinding/rubbing), and then re-assembly. Labor time is a couple of hours. Then after, because of how the damaged factory bushings have had the front struts & suspension situated, it will need to be aligned.

Not a bad job and even with no issues (I had none either except for a nasty squeak/creak when freezing or below), you should notice quite a difference up front afterwards. Much more so if you change any other bushings, coils, dampers, etc. but really not necessary unless you want to--at least not as much as getting those front strut bushings & bearings changed out.

G8GT594
05-30-2009, 07:18 AM
Thanks for info Beach. So getting those parts completely fixed the issue?

Now this touring kit, i was looking at it. It really changed the feel that much?

As you can tell suspension is not a strong point of mine lol.

GTPprix
05-30-2009, 07:18 AM
Stop by I can run over all this stuff with ya ;)

G8GT594
05-30-2009, 07:24 AM
Stop by I can run over all this stuff with ya ;)

Will do! My chrome molding piece came in last week so i need to run up there sometime anyway lol.

GTPprix
05-30-2009, 07:25 AM
Awesome drop me a line on BBM when you are headed up.

Panzer Leader
05-30-2009, 05:11 PM
I am getting the Street II with anything else I can get on ALL the bushings, everything. A complete and total suspension change out. I do not want any OEM suspension parts left on the car. Only decision left is the lowered height or OEM height. BTW, from the posts that I have read. It sounds as though the OEM Height kit does actually lower the car somewhat. Is this correct?

G8GT594
05-30-2009, 06:00 PM
I am getting the Street II with anything else I can get on ALL the bushings, everything. A complete and total suspension change out. I do not want any OEM suspension parts left on the car. Only decision left is the lowered height or OEM height. BTW, from the posts that I have read. It sounds as though the OEM Height kit does actually lower the car somewhat. Is this correct?

I'd like to know this as well. Just not sure if I want to spend the bank on it at this moment. I have bigger plans in store so I just want to get this fixed.
BlackBerry8330/4.5.0.77 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105

jbradsh1
05-30-2009, 06:09 PM
I've considered a few times to get some Pedder stuff ... but alas, decided that since it wasn't broke don't fix it. But I'm quite sure if you want a serious performance upgrade this would be a great way to go. It's just that there aren't any curvy roads in Florida, so why bother with it.

GeorgeInNePa
05-30-2009, 08:59 PM
I've considered a few times to get some Pedder stuff ... but alas, decided that since it wasn't broke don't fix it. But I'm quite sure if you want a serious performance upgrade this would be a great way to go. It's just that there aren't any curvy roads in Florida, so why bother with it.

The sub-frame bushings and diff bushings will improve your launch tremendously.

GeorgeInNePa
05-30-2009, 09:00 PM

If you want ALL the bushings, you want a Track 2 not a Street 2.

G8GT594
05-30-2009, 09:01 PM
The sub-frame bushings and diff bushings will improve your launch tremendously.

Does it help wheel hop? I don't have launch issues when im running et streets at the track but just fucking around on the road here i get some wheel hop depending on the pavement.

GeorgeInNePa
05-30-2009, 10:34 PM
Does it help wheel hop? I don't have launch issues when im running et streets at the track but just fucking around on the road here i get some wheel hop depending on the pavement.

Yes

MANOFSTEEL69
05-31-2009, 03:10 AM

The BMR trailing arms will help with this as well, and at 135 bucks its a cheap investment, and an easy do-it-yourself fix. (Even for a Dispatcher :nah:) might still be cheaper thru New Era.

Chewy
06-01-2009, 08:26 AM

OE height will lower it somewhat. It lowers the back to a perfect height IMO.

Chris

TNTNT
06-02-2009, 06:43 PM
Awesome drop me a line on BBM when you are headed up.
Chris,
Is Sellers Auto Sport carrying Pedders?