PDA

View Full Version : ROAD TRIP: Missouri has lower octane than North Carolina

done12many2
05-28-2009, 03:57 PM
Charlie,

I am taking the G8 on a road trip to Missouri for a course and to see the folks. My car was tuned here in NC using 93 octane gas and last time I was in Missouri I only saw 91 at the pumps.

Normally I would just use the 91 octane and take it easy, but at some point I am going to have to show off for my dad and more than likely several times on the trip between here and there.

Any advise? Don't have time for a retune. I do however know for a fact that my tune is extremely conservative. My tuner has it running a little rich with very conservative timing. Mods are obviously in my sig.

Thanks,

Bill

norm8332
05-28-2009, 05:13 PM
Related question:Will octane booster prevent any anticipated detonation in a supercharged application when using slightly lower octane gas?

GRRRR8
05-28-2009, 05:19 PM
Charlie,

I am taking the G8 on a road trip to Missouri for a course and to see the folks. My car was tuned here in NC using 93 octane gas and last time I was in Missouri I only saw 91 at the pumps.

Normally I would just use the 91 octane and take it easy, but at some point I am going to have to show off for my dad and more than likely several times on the trip between here and there.

Any advise? Don't have time for a retune. I do however know for a fact that my tune is extremely conservative. My tuner has it running a little rich with very conservative timing. Mods are obviously in my sig.

Thanks,

Bill

Under normal situations there is no worry. When you want to show off, add 1/2 bottle of 104 octane (black bottle) to 1/2 a tank and you will be fine.

Related question:Will octane booster prevent any anticipated detonation in a supercharged application when using slightly lower octane gas?

Meaning 91? If so yes.

r1owner
05-28-2009, 05:50 PM
93 is avail here in STL at Mobil, Shell and Amoco...

done12many2
05-28-2009, 06:14 PM
Under normal situations there is no worry. When you want to show off, add 1/2 bottle of 104 octane (black bottle) to 1/2 a tank and you will be fine.

Thanks again!

93 is avail here in STL at Mobil, Shell and Amoco...

Good to know. I appreciate it and I will definitely make it a point to fill up there on the way through.

norm8332
05-29-2009, 05:57 AM
Thanks, Charlie.