PDA

View Full Version : So Cal G8's...Mt. Baldy awaits:

JoeSyko
05-27-2009, 05:24 PM
Just posted this on the other board....

Sunday, June 7th.
Meet @ 9:00AM at the JoeSyko residence.

We'll plan on starting the run around 10:00am. I have 2 stops planned along the route.

The first is an overlook of the OHV area. We can watch some of the off-roaders play in the dirt for awhile.

The second stop is a small rest area in Mt. Baldy village. If everyone wishes, we can continue further up Mt. Baldy Road (about 3 miles or so) to the Ski Lift area. So far, I have only been to the village so I am not sure what is further up the hill.

Once we decide to depart Mt. Baldy we have 2 options.

Option #1 is to continue down Mt. Baldy Rd. down to the 210 and back to the starting point. This is a quicker, more relaxing drive as there are not that many twisties. However, there are a few tunnels & those of you with nice exhaust will no doubt enjoy hearing your car resonate thru the tunnels.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y81/JoeSyko/RouteOption1.jpg

Option #2 is to return the way we came thru Glendora Ridge Rd (which btw is a road that makes me nervous as there is NO center stripe) and then connecting with Glendora Mountain Rd. which has some of the twistiest roads I've been on. This option will take aprox 30 mins longer than Option #1. I was pretty exhausted after coming back this way from Mt. Baldy when I scouted this run but that was on our way home from the LA Invasion ROTW cruise.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y81/JoeSyko/RouteOption2.jpg

Both options are roughly 55-60 miles long AND both end at our place for BBQ (& Pool time if you feel so inclined). The total time on the run should be aprox. 2 - 3 hours tops.

We would like to make this a potluck. Tami & I will provide the Carne Asada with the fixins and we have some beverages and chips. It would be best if you have anything special you like to eat or drink then by all means bring it. Also, any of the following items would be cool:

* Beans

* Rice

* Appetizers
* <<Bean Dip>> (WickedMom)

* <<Potato Salad>> (Filterman)

* <<Veggie platter>> (verron)

* Dessert

* Corn Tortillas (we'll have flour but if you like corn then bring it on)

* Fruit Platter

* Anything else you think of...
* <<Soda>> (G8BLBYU)
* <<Beer>> (stevenoone)

If you would like to attend, please post here (include what you can contribute) & I'll shoot you a PM with my address.

Looking forward to hearing from you guys.

Don (JoeSyko)

List of confirmed attendees:

JoeSyko
G8BLBYU
stevenoone
WickedMom
G8CrEppER
verron
Skid
Khaneric
Filterman
Nick (friend w/ Jag)
StockG8 (Maybe)

JoeSyko
06-03-2009, 09:57 AM
Hump day bump for those who may have not seen this yet & want to come.

So far we have 7 confirmed. Post here if you'd like to attend.

WickedMom
06-05-2009, 04:18 PM
COME ON PEOPLE!!!! we got 7, lets get 12!!!!!

JoeSyko
06-06-2009, 08:22 AM
Updated the original post to include all those who will be attending this sunday. So far 8 confirmed G8's and 1 Jaguar. 2 others are a maybe.

Most of the chatter can be found on my post over at the other board: http://www.g8board.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16928

Post here if you'd like to join the fun.

Filterman
06-06-2009, 02:55 PM
Don, looks like my wife and I can make it. PM with details.

WickedMom
06-06-2009, 03:48 PM
I just finished my Adams mini-detail. Im exhausted. I wanted to get the vacuum out and do the carpets, but im too done with cleaning my car for today... He is sooo sparkly.

(also this marks my first post that was posted on both boards)

BigRob
06-06-2009, 03:53 PM
lol i saw that!

BigRob
06-06-2009, 03:55 PM
i wish i could make it, but ill be up in orange county for a graduation party. sounds like a lot of fun!

WickedMom
06-06-2009, 03:57 PM
i wish i could make it, but ill be up in orange county for a graduation party. sounds like a lot of fun!

DOOOD! driving canyons and hanging with car friends sounds like a wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy better way to spend a sunday...

BigRob
06-06-2009, 04:14 PM
yeah, i really can't argue that!! The party is at 1 i think... if it wasnt family, i dont think i would even go. ill look into a few things...

JoeSyko
06-06-2009, 05:25 PM
Don, looks like my wife and I can make it. PM with details.

Cool! Sending PM now.

JoeSyko
06-06-2009, 05:36 PM
We need someone to step up and help out with one of the items not yet claimed. Beans, Rice or potato salad anyone?.

WickedMom
06-07-2009, 04:35 PM
THAT WAS SO MUCH FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I cant wait to do mnt baldy again! (without kids!!!!!)

Thanks for putting this together Tami & Don. Nice seeing ya'll again and nice meeting those that I met for the first time!!!!!

Ben@Adams
06-07-2009, 09:47 PM
Oh man.. wish I had seen this thread sooner... I would've loved to take the TBSS up to baldy and chased you G8 guys around those turns. I'm definitely down for the next time... Baldy is practically my back yard living in Rancho!!

JoeSyko
06-08-2009, 07:26 AM
Oh man.. wish I had seen this thread sooner... I would've loved to take the TBSS up to baldy and chased you G8 guys around those turns. I'm definitely down for the next time... Baldy is practically my back yard living in Rancho!!

Check the South Western Region often....there's always something brewing. :)

Skid
06-08-2009, 02:22 PM
My friend Bryan and I had a great time on the cruise. I've uploaded pics to the link below. Let me know if it doesn't work.

Jonathan

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&gid=22139691&uid=12444892

Skid
06-08-2009, 02:24 PM

I live in Rancho Cucamonga as well.

-Ray-
06-08-2009, 05:49 PM
Pity those in the 909. LOL
Mark and Brian.

WickedMom
06-08-2009, 07:58 PM
Check the South Western Region often....there's always something brewing. :)

speaking of which.... WHERES THE NEXT ONE!!!

I still think that maybe the Ojai area would be fun... But maybe too far for you guys...

StockG8
06-09-2009, 12:10 AM
Sorry I couldn't make it this time. I been working the PM shift and when I got off (7:30am) I barely made it home not crashing my car a few times from dozing off. Hopefully there's another one soon that doesn't conflict with my work schedule.