PDA

View Full Version : BIG thumbs up for Livernois!

Eric_GT
05-27-2009, 03:19 PM
After spending $500 for a local dyno tune from a well-reputed race shop (not a sponsor) to another $600 for the Livernois tune I must say these guys really have it together!

The Livernois tune cleared up several problems I had with the transmission that the other guys could not get right- flaring, pause in shifting in manaul mode, vague downshifting, erratic torque limiting. I was to the point where my car was great when I was driving it hard, but a real pain when just trying to drive normal. The occasional flaring from 1-2 and 2-3 was driving me crazy! And like I said, the manual mode was still as useless as factory.

NOW, the car is exactly where I had hoped it would have been months ago. I can't tell what I gained with the ECM tune because it obviously feels faster without the flaring.

I guess having been around the block several times with the the G8 goes a long way when deciding which vendor to buy a tune from.

Thanks a lot Rick!

Livernois Motorsports
05-27-2009, 04:22 PM
Eric,

I was just about to send you a pm to see if you loaded the files, but figured I'd so a search first.

We spent a great deal of time perfecting our tunes and I knew you we're hesitant since you had a previous dyno tune, but I'm glad you're happy with it. :woohoo:

Now, you just need to get that Corsa system on and you'll really love it!

Let us know if you have any questions or need anything modified.

Thanks again for the purchase.

Regards,

Rick LeBlanc
Livernois Motorsports

It's A G8!
05-27-2009, 04:24 PM
What is flaring?

Livernois Motorsports
05-27-2009, 04:27 PM
What is flaring?

Flaring feels and sounds like it is slipping into gear on the shifts.

-Rick