RTL Garage
05-27-2009, 12:34 PM
Hey guys, figured I'd share my new "how to". Not vehicle specific! :woohoo:

IN HD - be sure to click the HD icon to view in full HD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5saNP7cdFck

Be sure to subscribe to watch new how to's brought to you by the RTL Garage

bowtiefan
05-27-2009, 05:02 PM
Nice video and good instructions! Good Job!

RTL Garage
05-28-2009, 11:52 AM
Thank you! Be sure to subscribe, as a new "how to" will be released weekly !

jbradsh1
05-28-2009, 02:05 PM
Hey guys, figured I'd share my new "how to". Not vehicle specific! :woohoo:

IN HD - be sure to click the HD icon to view in full HD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5saNP7cdFck

Be sure to subscribe to watch new how to's brought to you by the RTL Garage

If you point the heat gun down at the junction between the top of the badge and the paint, then when the adhesive softens (5-10 secs.) take a very small screwdriver and gently pull the top of the badge away from the paint while keeping the heat gun on this area, the whole badge and adhesive will pull away. Leaves no adhesive on the paint, maybe just a minimum outline of where the adhesive was attached, if that, and you don't need chemicals to clean it off any further. Just get some detail cleaner/wax and you're done. :)

MAYBEN
05-28-2009, 02:56 PM
nice video, thanks for posting it

KenV
05-28-2009, 08:17 PM
Okay, now I have the balls to debadge. Nice work, thanks.

PS Thanks for the mod jbradsh1. I will cautiously try that, then revert to the video when my balls disappear.

RTL Garage
05-31-2009, 09:55 PM
Okay, now I have the balls to debadge. Nice work, thanks.

PS Thanks for the mod jbradsh1. I will cautiously try that, then revert to the video when my balls disappear.

Glad to hear Ken :woohoo:

HoldenMan21
06-26-2009, 08:01 PM
Any ideas what I could put instead that would look good and fit ?

HoldenMan21
06-28-2009, 10:22 AM
Ok so I debadged my entire car now and rebadged it according to Holden specs...looks awesome now !

But I still have the arrow head on the front bumper and it bugs the "BEEP" out of me ...

so did anyone replace it with some other badge ? Holden, HSV, Walkinshaw ???

Anyone have pictures of what it looks like when you remove it ? I was told, in this great forum I might add , that there are some holes therefore pins in the Pontiac front badge.

If anyone took picture or is going to remove it please do take pics and the mesurements of the holes in questions abd post them. It could be helpfull to know what "area" we have to cover if/when replacing that front dart with something else ?

Any ideas what I could put instead that would look good and fit ? anyone ? anyone ? lol !

R.Penguin
06-28-2009, 11:33 AM
I had success with a chisel and a sledge hammer. Then filled the holes in with toothpaste. My car is blue tho'.:p

G8H8
06-28-2009, 01:08 PM
I had success with a chisel and a sledge hammer. Then filled the holes in with toothpaste. My car is blue tho'.:p

I'm gonna have to try that. Hell I know my car is black but once I do the toothpaste fill I can use a permanent black marker to color the toothpaste.

I'll post pics in the not so near future.

And if you don't believe this lie is true. Ask the deaf man he heard it too.