PDA

View Full Version : Loud Knock

SLRdude
05-27-2009, 07:24 AM
I have a loud knock coming from inside the B pillar in my GT.
It happens when I accelerate or decelerate, and that leads me to believe that it is a torque induced, stress knock. It sounds sort of like the seat belt buckle banging against the plastic pillar, but louder and more muted.
It started of as an occasional sound, but now, a week or so later, it does it every time I accelerate or break a bit harder.

Any ideas?

Thanks a log guys!

r33pwrd
05-27-2009, 07:29 AM
mine has had the same sound but not all the time.. and it more when I go over an odd bump more that accelerate??

SLRdude
05-27-2009, 07:32 AM
mine has had the same sound but not all the time.. and it more when I go over an odd bump more that accelerate??

It does it over "odd bumps" too, when the rear wheel goes over it.
However, it's not guaranteed to make that noise.

I can generate it on demand though by accelerating a bit harder. Strange.

SLRdude
05-27-2009, 07:57 AM
Problem solved!

A member on a different forum informed me of a problem with the door striker caused by a weak, stripped bolt.

He was right. It was the striker on the front passenger door. :woohoo::woohoo:
At least i don't have to fear that the car is falling apart on me LOL.

SLRdude
05-27-2009, 01:05 PM
Took the car to the dealer.
They fixed the striker and did two TSBs on the car as well.
Total time at dealer: 45 minutes.

Not too bad! I'm happy now. :woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

grandmacpubah
05-27-2009, 01:16 PM
was the striker actually loose? do you mean the part actually connected to the door frame or the part in the door?

SLRdude
05-27-2009, 01:20 PM
was the striker actually loose? do you mean the part actually connected to the door frame or the part in the door?

The part connected to the pillar/door frame.
It wasn't VERY loose.

You actually had to apply some force on it to generate the clunk noise, and it was coming from inside the pillar. I could honestly say that the total movement outside was minimal.
They replaced something and now the noise is gone.