PDA

View Full Version : Superchips - Question

Night Train
05-26-2009, 12:19 PM
I ordered my Superchips Cortex from Maryland Speed. I have to say, they take care of business. I got mine the next day. I was really impressed with the service.

I've loaded the quick tune - 91 octane. I noticed right away that it shifts diffferently. Harder and later. Seems to idle better than before, less stumbling.

I have a question for those that have the Cortex tuner. Did any of you notice a difference in the "smell" of the car after putting in the tune? I smell sort of an electrical smell after I stop. Does the tune change something? [Edit- Found out that the "smell" was from a plastic trash bag stuck to the pipe.]

Also, what are you guys using? The quick tune or the advanced tune? If you are using advanced tune, what changes make the biggest difference?

rowdy350
05-26-2009, 01:32 PM
I am really impressed with mine also. I talked to a guy at the lake that does HP Tuner stuff with a relative and he was kind enough to tell me how bad I got ripped off.:spank: Being as my wife drives it during the week I'm pretty happy with the SC. I updated mine via the USB cable and got the 93 tune. Love it. The advanced is what i have been using. Really everybody is telling the truth about the TM function, play with those different settings and drive with the car in Sport and see what you like best. My "new" 1-2 shift is night and day different the car jumps forward and I get a nice "scratch" with my setting under 3/4 to WOT. -- I still cant't figure out how to use the data logging tool for 60ft--1/4 mile etc. I e-mailed SC and I'm waiting on a response.

Night Train
05-27-2009, 06:16 AM
I am really impressed with mine also. I talked to a guy at the lake that does HP Tuner stuff with a relative and he was kind enough to tell me how bad I got ripped off.:spank: Being as my wife drives it during the week I'm pretty happy with the SC. I updated mine via the USB cable and got the 93 tune. Love it. The advanced is what i have been using. Really everybody is telling the truth about the TM function, play with those different settings and drive with the car in Sport and see what you like best. My "new" 1-2 shift is night and day different the car jumps forward and I get a nice "scratch" with my setting under 3/4 to WOT. -- I still cant't figure out how to use the data logging tool for 60ft--1/4 mile etc. I e-mailed SC and I'm waiting on a response.

Thank you for the tips!

SRG963
05-27-2009, 06:35 AM
Advanced Tune here :)

I raised speed limiter, set shift torque to 50%, everything else at superchips value.