PDA

View Full Version : Dyno Results with 100 Shot

RIRENTERG8
05-25-2009, 08:32 AM
Still a bit rich, but happy with the results. Can anybody explain why my torque curve is going down instead of up through out the rpm range?

-Ray-
05-25-2009, 09:39 AM
Pressure drop?

RIRENTERG8
05-25-2009, 09:54 AM
I wondered the same thing. The bottle started at 1000psi and ended at about 950psi during the dyno pull.

-Ray-
05-25-2009, 01:42 PM
Maybe if you explain your set up, (I may have missed it elsewhere) others may be able to pin point the problem.

RIRENTERG8
05-25-2009, 01:53 PM
I have a dynotune wet kit, with 100 hp jets, plus the mods on my signature. Nitrous comes on at 3200rpm and shuts off at 5500 rpm.

GRRRR8
05-25-2009, 02:41 PM
Could be the A/F causing it.

13 QTR
05-25-2009, 04:26 PM
you running the standard 93 octane tune? I thought it had too much timing for nitrous. I had a wet kit,but sold it,cause I didn't want to have to change tunes to run it.

RIRENTERG8
05-25-2009, 04:27 PM
Could be the A/F causing it.

To rich?

done12many2
05-25-2009, 04:30 PM
The TQ curve on my last car with nitrous did about the same thing. Even after a good tune, the TQ would peak and simply drop off. HP stayed up, but the impressive amount of TQ present at the onset of the spray rolled off really fast. We did confirm that it was not a result of the bottle pressure in my case as it stayed within 100 PSI during all the pulls.

RIRENTERG8
05-25-2009, 04:33 PM
you running the standard 93 octane tune? I thought it had too much timing for nitrous. I had a wet kit,but sold it,cause I didn't want to have to change tunes to run it.

I have the vms power flash, so i can change the program at any time. I am running a tune Kirk gave me for the nitrous. Its my normal 93oct tune with 4 degrees of timing taken off.

RIRENTERG8
05-25-2009, 04:38 PM
The TQ curve on my last car with nitrous did about the same thing. Even after a good tune, the TQ would peak and simply drop off. HP stayed up, but the impressive amount of TQ present at the onset of the spray rolled off really fast. We did confirm that it was not a result of the bottle pressure in my case as it stayed within 100 PSI during all the pulls.

So did you leave it at that? or did you give up on it? I really dont know what do to now :hang:... The guy at the dyno said all looked good except that it was still a bit rich. But he did not seemed concerned at all. :wacko:

done12many2
05-25-2009, 04:58 PM
We left it as is because the car was making power. There really wasn't anything else to do about it.

At a later point I began using a laptop based progressive controller and we discovered that when the shot was eased in with the controller instead of the 100% without the controller, the TQ curved remained much flatter. The progressive controller setup produced power that resembled the NA band with much higher numbers. Not to mention, it was much easier to control traction.

A good progressive controller can do some amazing things with nitrous. I recommend the NX Maximizer made for NX by FJO. It uses some really easy to setup computer software and requires a laptop to set everthing up. This system allowed for so much customization. Not only could you ramp your shot by RPM or Time, but you could even program different ramps for each gear. Perfect for traction issues.

I absolutely love everything about nitrous with the exception of refilling the bottle, waiting for it to heat up, and having to go through the arming process. Now that I think about it, the newest version of the NX Maximizer does all of that for you except fill the bottle :)

Art708
05-25-2009, 05:08 PM
s'cuse me if I hijack....is there anyone around SC, NC who really knows nitrous, who could do an safe install?

done12many2
05-25-2009, 05:10 PM
s'cuse me if I hijack....is there anyone around SC, NC who really knows nitrous, who could do an safe install?

I know a thing or two :)