PDA

View Full Version : Downshift Torque Management? And The Poll

TomPierce
05-23-2009, 01:30 PM
I have been unable to decide what to do with the downshift Torque Management on my G8.

With HP Tuners the downshift TM can be either On or Off - the car is almost pure stock (just an Yella Terra intake and K&N filter) so horsepower is close to stock as well.

The question is what should I do with the downshift TM? I have increased the upshift line pressure and decreased the shift times and I like how the transmission as responded to these changes. BUt I'm not crazy about the fact that downshift TM is on OR off.

(I did stick my nose out into an intersection recently and figured I could beat the oncoming traffic - I hadn't remembered on the downshift lag and the whole encounter was more nerve racking than it needed to be.)

So I'm leaning towards turning it off - but I thought I'd ask the experts what they thought, but I'll settle for youse guys...

I'll let the majority decide what I should to do - cast your vote and see the results.

Thanks for your opinion

Tom

Rican219
05-23-2009, 01:36 PM
I was wondering the same? How much pressure do you have set on yours on upshift?

TomPierce
05-23-2009, 01:44 PM
I was wondering the same? How much pressure do you have set on yours on upshift?

PM me your email address and I'll send you my tune.

Rican219
05-23-2009, 01:49 PM
PM Sent

norm8332
05-23-2009, 02:13 PM
I have it off.

GeorgeInNePa
05-23-2009, 05:31 PM
I have it off.

You have downshift TM turned off? Did NEP or Livernois do that?

norm8332
05-23-2009, 06:02 PM
You have downshift TM turned off? Did NEP or Livernois do that?

Both. It seems OK as far as not hitting hard. It beats the long delay. I do wish it was variable though.

G8-4-Speed
05-23-2009, 06:35 PM
Have you tried adjusting the shift times on your power downshift settings? ALSO have you adjusted your mph vs tps downshift points? Sometimes it isn't so much the lag from TM but high TPS vs low downshift MPH.

shane
05-23-2009, 07:02 PM
i have 2 tunes one of the has it disabled along with upshift tM

when you do this you need to increase pressure and a few other things to help out.

also keeping your shift times all the same also helps with UNconfusing the tranny