PDA

View Full Version : Is it just me? Or does the G8…

EC-Ryder
09-07-2008, 06:05 PM
Possess one of the smoothest most assertive acceleration that’s comparable to only a hand full of vehicles on the market costing many $$$ more? :uhm:

I’m seeking a logical scientific answer to this as opposed to just a “feeling” for what I feel.

I’m thinking the unusually large tire size for a vehicle in this price range, but I know that HP gets some credit but not much as the V6 feels just as great with much less. I’m thinking world class suspension as that’s also a common link. And as much as some complain about acceleration lag, it’s still one of the best in the market. :thumbsup:

So what is so special about it, or is it really just my imagination? :huh:

g8_795
09-07-2008, 06:34 PM
It is just damn amazing. I go into my garage at least 3 times a day and just stare at my car for hours.

09PBMGT
09-07-2008, 07:07 PM
EC-Ryder.... you have a V6 if I remeber..... r u asking if the car in general has great acceleration or the V8 (V6).... just wondering. Well rounded vehicle either way. If you haven't had the privledge of getting down w/ a V8, I'm sorry. A few bolt ons and it's stupid fast. With a tune... the previously stated.... bog..... is virtually gone. Your ? Yes, for the $ this car is a fu*#ing Rockstar as far as performance for the money!

GRRRR8
09-07-2008, 07:28 PM
Yes it is! As a few found out last night!

bonneville
09-08-2008, 06:59 PM
Mine is stock still, I find it very subdued, bam your speeding but in a casual relaxed way, not neck snapping.

Got 8?
09-08-2008, 07:17 PM
Mine is stock still, I find it very subdued, bam your speeding but in a casual relaxed way, not neck snapping.

Exactly the way I feel....

I get into the wifes TBSS and it's like damn this thing kicks, almost begs me to push it so I can feel the acceleration. The G8 is so smooth and I look down and it's " whoa....where did 100mph come from..." LOL I literally have to look down to tell how fast I'm not suppose to be going...

Of course the TBSS is tuned...

EC-Ryder
09-09-2008, 05:43 AM
EC-Ryder.... you have a V6 if I remeber..... r u asking if the car in general has great acceleration or the V8 (V6).... just wondering. Well rounded vehicle either way. If you haven't had the privledge of getting down w/ a V8, I'm sorry. A few bolt ons and it's stupid fast. With a tune... the previously stated.... bog..... is virtually gone. Your ? Yes, for the $ this car is a fu*#ing Rockstar as far as performance for the money!

I’m lucky I get to drive both versions of the G8. My son has to sleep sometime so I get to play with the GT too! LOL!

But what I’m referring to is an aura of finesse, certainty, and assuredness about this thing during acceleration that I can’t physically explain or say well it’s the hp b\c it is not, as U get the same feeling from both, hence my reference to smooth, quick, precise, I think… And I have driven just about all fine vehicles including Rolls. Those engineers did a heck of a job at putting her together. :thumbsup:

It’s the same reasoning I guess behind as how some can’t explain how the turning radius FEELS so tight but if u look at the specs you see that it is not, according to the specs…But I can attribute that to the tire size as it is large for this type\price range.

But as for what's behind the acceleration... :huh:

:uhm:

Cheers!

Got 8?
09-09-2008, 07:06 AM
I really think its mostly the tranny. Six speeds make acceleration seem much smoother because the engine doesn't have to rev that much during slight to moderate acceleration. That was one thing I really seemed to notice going from my vehicle back to hers. I thought to myself " man...this thing really could use a six speed..."