PDA

View Full Version : anyone use a Zex kit or cold fusion?

1bad03snake
05-21-2009, 07:53 AM
I'm looking at maybe doing a 100 shot once my tcm tune is straightened out. Anyone runnung either kits? Anyone have there kit hidden?

2009_GXP_Six_Speed
06-03-2009, 09:38 AM
Been thinking about it for sure.

I sort of want to mod my GXP but I feel that I might trade the car in for a Corvette in a couple of years so nitrous might be in option. 100 hp max for safety.

I used to hit 150 in my Camaro and did that for years but this car is nice.

bwooten492
06-03-2009, 11:46 AM
You going to put the car on the jug already?!! I still need to see it after the cam and stall.

Mlozano
06-16-2009, 09:40 AM
Carefull with the nitrous if your modded, if your running cam and stall and other stuff you'll prob be at around 400+ RWHP, adding 100 shot of nitrous to that would put you way above the trannies max FWHP. A couple shops running that much but they can afford to cover the costs when if somethings goes out.

cobrakid
06-16-2009, 11:29 AM
I thought the trannies were good to almost 600 ft lbs?

Mlozano
06-16-2009, 03:33 PM
I thought the trannies were good to almost 600 ft lbs?

I thought it was low 500, someone correct me if i'm wrong

Scalarrthu
06-16-2009, 05:23 PM
I used Cold Fusion on my TBSS and had no problems at all with it. It was a real nice system that worked great (for the 2-3 bottle I ran through it) before I pulled it off to get rid of the SS. I think it could easily be hidden, and I was considering putting the kit on my 8, but would rather go blown this time.

As for the tranny, as long as you set it up right (using a window switch), and don't spray through the shifts, I think the tranny will hold up for a long time to come...especially since you already have a cooler on there. If you only plan on running only a hundred shot I wouldn't worry about a thing.

bwooten492
06-16-2009, 05:25 PM
I used Cold Fusion on my TBSS and had no problems at all with it. It was a real nice system that worked great (for the 2-3 bottle I ran through it) before I pulled it off to get rid of the SS. I think it could easily be hidden, and I was considering putting the kit on my 8, but would rather go blown this time.

As for the tranny, as long as you set it up right (using a window switch), and don't spray through the shifts, I think the tranny will hold up for a long time to come...especially since you already have a cooler on there. If you only plan on running only a hundred shot I wouldn't worry about a thing.

but the thing is he is already making somewhere around 400, so a 100 pill on top of that you think is ok?

Scalarrthu
06-16-2009, 05:55 PM
but the thing is he is already making somewhere around 400, so a 100 pill on top of that you think is ok?

Absolutely! Look at all the guys running Maggies or Turbos that are at the 500whp mark the whole time they're driving....I don't see any of them having problems. The beauty part of nitrous is that you only use it when you need it, and under the right conditions. Also, using a window switch you control when it fires the shot, and when it shuts it off. So on my SS I fired it at 3000 rpm and shut it off at 6000 before the shift, so in reality was putting minimal stress on the trans (I was spraying 150).

bwooten492
06-16-2009, 07:12 PM
good point! I really want to put my car on the gas too but i other stuff to do first.
Mozilla/5.0 440x240 Samsung SCH-U940 NetFront/3.4

GRRRR8
06-16-2009, 07:22 PM
I am doing a Harris Speed Works plate system on mine with a seperate fuel system just for the juice.

edmanet
06-17-2009, 09:04 AM
I'm looking at maybe doing a 100 shot once my tcm tune is straightened out. Anyone runnung either kits? Anyone have there kit hidden?

Are you having tuning issues with the tcm because of the converter ??

Mlozano
06-17-2009, 10:47 AM
I am doing a Harris Speed Works plate system on mine with a seperate fuel system just for the juice.

Your getting one those individual fuel pumps? Also in regards to what we spoke of not to long ago, the install is giving me hell, i got show you some pics of what i did.

Absolutely! Look at all the guys running Maggies or Turbos that are at the 500whp mark the whole time they're driving....I don't see any of them having problems. The beauty part of nitrous is that you only use it when you need it, and under the right conditions. Also, using a window switch you control when it fires the shot, and when it shuts it off. So on my SS I fired it at 3000 rpm and shut it off at 6000 before the shift, so in reality was putting minimal stress on the trans (I was spraying 150).

Don't forget you car only it puts out its max HP under certain speeds in a certain RPM range, i doubt you even get 50%of your max HP at any point during daily driving, unless you drive like me that is :nah:

Anyway, remember nitrous hits alot harder than a maggie which is progressive. Unless you use a serious multiple stage nitrous system with a nice progressive controller it's going to be hard on tranny pushing it's limit already.

GRRRR8
06-17-2009, 11:07 AM
Your getting one those individual fuel pumps? Also in regards to what we spoke of not to long ago, the install is giving me hell, i got show you some pics of what i did.

Front mount fuel cell, pump, filter and regulator. No part of the factory system will be used for the juice.

Mlozano
06-17-2009, 12:26 PM
When would something like that be really necessary.

GRRRR8
06-17-2009, 12:56 PM
When would something like that be really necessary.

I dont want to take fuel from the engine as I am over 500 hp at the flywheel.

Mlozano
06-17-2009, 01:48 PM
I see, your doing it since your pushing your fuel pump pretty hard already.

EDIT: I guess you'll be the one pushing that tranny limit theory once you get the HSW in there :)

SinCity G8
08-16-2009, 01:42 PM
I have ordered the brute force kit from HSW. I will let you kow how that works out