PDA

View Full Version : Damn rocks and road work!!!

Blackdevil77
09-07-2008, 10:13 AM
I swear, everywhere i go, there is road work and little pieces of street and rocks and sand all over the place. I can't tell you how many scratches i have on the back of my car from the back tires kicking up rocks. No matter how careful or slow i go. I was literally coasting, no foot on the gas, just let off the break and rolled and STILL heard rocks clinking and bouncing off my car. My old 99 mercury sable has less scratches and the was driven hard and all over the place. It's just my luck that everyone decided to re-do all streets at the same time right when i get my car. And what gets me is it's all UN-AVOIDABLE!!!! The other night when i was trying to get home on the parkway, every exit and highway i could have taken was closed because of road work. My Garmin nav recalculated 9 times. 20 minute drive took and hour and a half. Wax and scratch remover won't get them out, touch up paint looks like crap, what should i do to get rid of these nasty scratches? Anybody have a similar problem?

wreckwriter
09-07-2008, 10:16 AM
its unavoidable. Just bite the bullet is the only answer I have. When it looks shitty enough to justify the cost, visit a paint shop.

norm8332
09-07-2008, 02:18 PM
Also, Compared to my last car (2001 Monte Carlo SS) this car scratches and dings much easier. I think the paint is too thin. I already have the same amount of chips and scratches as the 7.5 year old Monte did. The Paint on that car was like three times thicker. When it got a chip it had depth to it. On this car it's like tissue paper.

EC-Ryder
09-07-2008, 03:37 PM
Yeah that’s a tough break! :eek:

But if it’s any comfort to U they all get dings and scratches within a year of purchase. Some people even key u out of jealousy when they see u have a new one and they don’t. :beer3:

I know I like mine so I’m budgeting for paint job when the novelty and the b\s wears down, as this vehicle looks like something worth keeping for a while. :chemist:

But that’s just me!

Cheers!