PDA

View Full Version : Do I need an update?

Vertical
05-20-2009, 04:05 AM
I just got my 08 on Friday and I'm going to bring it back to the dealership to get the windows tinted. I remember hearing that there is a PCM/TCM update for this car. Should I assume that this update has already be performed on my car? How long would this update take if it needs to be done?

Is there a way for me to find out if it has already been updated using a dashhawk? I have a dashhawk but I have no experience using it:spank:.

The update is #08-07-30-036 correct?

Thanks,

Daniel

SRG963
05-20-2009, 05:39 AM
I just got my 08 on Friday and I'm going to bring it back to the dealership to get the windows tinted. I remember hearing that there is a PCM/TCM update for this car. Should I assume that this update has already be performed on my car? How long would this update take if it needs to be done?

Is there a way for me to find out if it has already been updated using a dashhawk? I have a dashhawk but I have no experience using it:spank:.

The update is #08-07-30-036 correct?

Thanks,

Daniel

Yes, I believe your right on the update number.

It takes only a second to see if you're up to date.

Just ask them nicely to make sure your computer is up to date with all the updates including the one you mentioned above.

If they refuse to check, complain about throttle lag.

Vertical
05-20-2009, 05:58 AM
Cool, I'll do that.

Just out of curiousity, you wouldn't happen to know if I could check this using a dashhawk would you?

Thanks!

wreckwriter
05-20-2009, 06:01 AM
Cool, I'll do that.

Just out of curiousity, you wouldn't happen to know if I could check this using a dashhawk would you?

Thanks!

No, you cannot.

Vertical
05-20-2009, 07:24 AM
Oh, ok. Thanks Wreckwriter.

Hopefully they can take care of my tint and the update quickly enough for me to make it to Towers at a decent time.