PDA

View Full Version : Influential Forum

Chocolate
05-19-2009, 11:45 PM
I bought my 09 G8 GT because of the feedback I got from this forum. Then a couple weeks later I ordered Pedders stuff also because of what I read. I had never even heard of them before! I'm now leaning towards Kooks stuff and maybe a Supercharger. Has anyone else been influenced by this site and / or the advertisers?

Please don"t ask me to jump off a bridge!:theman:http://forum.grrrr8.net/images/smilies/th_theman.gif

netmand
05-20-2009, 01:41 AM
resistance is futile...

I've always been careful reading stuff from the Internet... but you can't deny the value of having the input of everyone's experiences here. Without this forum I wouldn't have known about the goto places to shop for parts and services.

DewieJr
05-20-2009, 02:10 AM
Every car i've owned (see sig) has been medium to heavy modded all because of forums like this one.

its a virus and once you have it, its near impossible to cure without spending lots of money! Then like most of us, you keep spending and once you get where you want, you find yourself spending again on another project.

Welcome to the world of car moddiing.

Kermit
05-20-2009, 02:54 AM
I'm with you on that boat! Never even heard of Pedders until I came here. I have spent more money on mod's with this car then I ever did on my 97 GTP, which I got rid of to get this monster. :)

Steve
05-20-2009, 07:44 AM
Arh ftw ;)

'02 ws6
05-20-2009, 09:45 AM
Please don"t ask me to jump off a bridge!:theman

We take a more professional approach than asking someone to jump off a bridge. :) Here, have some tasty Kool-Aid!:cheers:

55belairgasser
05-20-2009, 12:54 PM
We take a more professional approach than asking someone to jump off a bridge. :) Here, have some tasty Kool-Aid!:cheers:

Wow you can't even taste the anti-freeze! I have not even got the G-8 yet but have spent about 5-6K in fake Mods I want to do to the car when I do pull the trigger. You guys ROCK!!:poof:

Chocolate
05-20-2009, 02:50 PM
OK, so I jump off a bridge, down a can of Cool Aid followed by an Anti Freeze chaser.....GOT IT.

norm8332
05-20-2009, 02:54 PM
This forum has somehow cost me $10 grand!?!?

BW G8GT
05-20-2009, 03:41 PM
This forum is very informative, and you have a place to go for help when you've screwed up something with your car.

Charlie is also a valuable resource.

'02 ws6
05-20-2009, 04:09 PM
I agree Charlie is valuable, every forum needs a black sheep! :nah:
BlackBerry8830/4.2.2 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/104

Panzer Leader
05-20-2009, 04:39 PM
Actually no one on this forum has done the modifications. We only say so to get the new members to do theirs. Thereby driving the costs of the modifications down and we end up paying less.

timg8
05-20-2009, 08:35 PM
Wow you can't even taste the anti-freeze! I have not even got the G-8 yet but have spent about 5-6K in fake Mods I want to do to the car when I do pull the trigger. You guys ROCK!!:poof:

Air-mods kinda like air guitar?

RobA300
05-21-2009, 03:30 AM
There is nothing like having a good resource to fix or upgrade your car. Also comes in handy when the dealer wants to treat you like and idiot and you can take them a piece of paper showing them the exact problem on your car and that you know exactly how they should fix it.

BluYa76
05-21-2009, 05:29 AM
That's why love this site, cause those that do mod their cars are one's who also have a good input to follow up on the modding! I was originally told by the wife that once I got my car it was going to be left stock (if only she reeeeaaaalllllly knew what my plans are), but that has not happened and it seems I find another great item to add to my ride! Thanks to all whom provide great feedback regardless of good and bad, cause without it I probably would not help our economy get out of the crapper! :woohoo: