PDA

View Full Version : Wide-band O2 sensor

g8_795
09-07-2008, 08:49 AM
Has anybody installed a wide-band O2 sensor yet? I am sure some of the tuners have. I am thinking about giving the HPTuner software a shot and trying to get all of my ducks in a row. Any insight regarding a good wide-band O2 sensor would be appreciated. I would like to use the stock NB O2 sensor location if possible. I would prefer to not have a standalone unit, but a simple 0-5v analog signal to feed into the tuning hardware and the stock output to feed the ECM.
Thanks,
-Robert

GeorgeInNePa
09-07-2008, 01:25 PM
Ditto

GRRRR8
09-07-2008, 06:28 PM
Innovate Motorsports LM-1 is what most tuners use. It can be tied in to HP also for dataloging. Use the rear 02 bung for wide band sensor.

Greg@PacePerformance
09-08-2008, 06:49 AM
Did someone mention Innovate (http://PacePerformance.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=141433)? :whistle:

That is what most people with tuners use because it is pretty cheap and very small.

You CAN replace the stock NB with the aftermarket WB but some say you don't really want to do that because the stock unit works better as a NB sensor than the WB does at emulating the NB but I have never tried.

PS only use the rear O2 bung if you have removed your cats or you will get incorrect readings.

arthansen
09-17-2008, 02:08 PM
If you have HP Tuners, you can disable the rear O2 sensors and then use one of those bungs for the WBO2. The rear O2s are only used to check that the Cats are working. They are not used in managing the engine. Only the front O2s are used for that.

GRRRR8
09-17-2008, 02:43 PM
If you have HP Tuners, you can disable the rear O2 sensors and then use one of those bungs for the WBO2. The rear O2s are only used to check that the Cats are working. They are not used in managing the engine. Only the front O2s are used for that.

You need to factor the cats in when you tune like that also. I have seen many tune after the cats and the cars fly, you just need to know how.