PDA

View Full Version : My Official G8 Kills Thread

Scott @ INTENSE
05-18-2009, 05:28 AM
I drive my G8 every single day, but haven't been able to find a race in months. :( At least until Friday night on my way home from work...

I was cruising along around 70 mph in the fast lane, when I saw a cherry red Mustang coming up behind me. He switched lanes, slowed down to match my speed and looked over at me like he was wondering if an old guy in a four-door would want to race. :p

I tapped the gas for a half second and let off. He nailed and it and I was impressed with how fast he jumped ahead, and how wicked his car sounded. I think he had about a car length on me by the time I downshifted from sixth to fifth to fourth to third.

I'm not a Ford guy at all, but I really liked how his car was lowered, very clean and sounded mean. He had very nice wheels and this was one fast car! Not fast enough though. :) We went from 70 to 140 and I probably had four or five car lengths on him. After he caught back up to me, I especially enjoyed the 'what in the heck just happened' look he gave me. I could tell that he wasn't accustomed to losing street races.

By the way, he had a vanity license plate that said, 'ITS SLOW'. Not true at all actually, he just needs to steer clear of Pontiacs...

Official Record: 7-0-2

Ties actually mean: 'too much traffic to determine a clear winner'. ;)

chiller2484
05-18-2009, 05:31 AM
lol that's awesome! could you tell what year/body style mustang it was?

fiveoh
05-18-2009, 09:11 AM
I'm kind of surprised that thing hooks at 70. Nice kill thou I bet he was like wtf.

foreosu
05-18-2009, 09:21 AM
Awesome story! Mustangs are tastey!

confused2much
05-18-2009, 09:27 AM
Sweet kill! I still can't find a decent race :(

GRRRR8
05-18-2009, 09:30 AM
Nice kill. I love when our cars are underestimated. The look on their face when you just leave them is priceless. :)

Scott @ INTENSE
05-18-2009, 10:12 AM
I'm kind of surprised that thing hooks at 70. Nice kill thou I bet he was like wtf.
I keep the boost turned all the way down for daily driving. It still spins a little up to ~ 100 or so. :D

01350ta
05-18-2009, 06:37 PM
Good kill. Looks like your car is set up very well.

PolRoger
05-19-2009, 06:04 AM
Good Kill tale... the faster they are the harder they fall!

Blackdevil77
05-19-2009, 07:50 AM
Nice Kill! Of all the G8's to pick a race with, yours LOL!

Scott @ INTENSE
06-01-2009, 10:29 AM
Saturday evening I was sitting at a stoplight when a turbocharged Grand Prix pulled up beside me and decided he wanted a little pain. :hang:

The light turned green and I feathered the throttle up to about 100 mph. I was surprised to be having so much of a traction problem until I remembered that I had left the boost turned up when I left the track Friday night. Normally I turn it down to baseline (6.5 psi) for street driving, but I had it up to 12 psi at Norwalk. :thumbsup:

Anyways, after leaving my turbocharged friend well in the distance, I pulled up to the next light and after I stopped I noticed that there was a cop right behind me. :oops: I have no idea where he came from or exactly what he saw, but I sure did drive gently for the next few miles. In my rear view mirror I could see him calling in my license number to have my record checked. Fortunately, a few miles later he finally turned off. Guess he was giving me an unofficial warning. ;)

Official Record: 8-0-2

fiveoh
06-01-2009, 10:44 AM
Turbo v8>Turbo v6 :spank:

R.Penguin
06-01-2009, 10:53 AM
I drive my G8 every single day, but haven't been able to find a race in months. :( At least until Friday night on my way home from work...

I was cruising along around 70 mph in the fast lane, when I saw a cherry red Mustang coming up behind me. He switched lanes, slowed down to match my speed and looked over at me like he was wondering if an old guy in a four-door would want to race. :p

I tapped the gas for a half second and let off. He nailed and it and I was impressed with how fast he jumped ahead, and how wicked his car sounded. I think he had about a car length on me by the time I downshifted from sixth to fifth to fourth to third.

I'm not a Ford guy at all, but I really liked how his car was lowered, very clean and sounded mean. He had very nice wheels and this was one fast car! Not fast enough though. :) We went from 70 to 140 and I probably had four or five car lengths on him. After he caught back up to me, I especially enjoyed the 'what in the heck just happened' look he gave me. I could tell that he wasn't accustomed to losing street races.

By the way, he had a vanity license plate that said, 'ITS SLOW'. Not true at all actually, he just needs to steer clear of Pontiacs...

Official Record: 7-0-2

Ties actually mean: 'too much traffic to determine a clear winner'. ;)
Hee hee hee hee hee HAW! :p