PDA

View Full Version : Are these Halo Lights any good?

g8gt64
05-17-2009, 07:38 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Pontiac-G8-GT-Angel-Eyes-Kit,-HALO,-Headlights-CCFL_W0QQitemZ250410790806QQcmdZViewItemQQimsxZ200 90421?IMSfp=TL090421159002r27097

Your thoughts?

Omega
05-18-2009, 02:11 PM
Aside from having to do your own work, it looks pretty good.

If you have to bake the OEM housings in an oven, it takes practice. Trust me. I wrecked a set splitting them in another application.

If I could get a set of OEM housings, I would certainly give this a try.

Sarge54
05-24-2009, 05:58 PM
Those do look nice. I'd try 'em if someone tries first! :D

R.Penguin
05-24-2009, 07:53 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Pontiac-G8-GT-Angel-Eyes-Kit,-HALO,-Headlights-CCFL_W0QQitemZ250410790806QQcmdZViewItemQQimsxZ200 90421?IMSfp=TL090421159002r27097

Your thoughts?
You would have to define "good". The pics look OK, but the only set I ever saw for real looked 'goofy'.

And, no...I can't define goofy. :rofl:

Omega
05-25-2009, 05:12 AM
Has anyone found a spare set of headlights for less than $650? I would like to try these halo's and put a proper xenon projector housing in at the same time. Bixenon are the way to go. :)

Panzer Leader
05-25-2009, 06:00 AM
You would have to define "good". The pics look OK, but the only set I ever saw for real looked 'goofy'.

And, no...I can't define goofy. :rofl:

Wasn't that Mickey's sidekick?

BobtheMonkee
05-25-2009, 03:31 PM

And, no...I can't define goofy.

tell us how you REALLY feel!:spank:

R.Penguin
05-25-2009, 03:53 PM
Wasn't that Mickey's sidekick?
"Wasn't that Mickey's sidekick?"

Well, yeah, but even Mickey thought that Goofy was goofy, so every time Mickey tried to figure Goofy out he felt goofy and just said "f*ck it!" It is widely beleived that Disney cartoon characters were goody-goodies, but actually Minnie Mouse swore like a demented sailor (BTM) and she was the one that caused Donald Duck to fly into many uncontrolled rages where the Disney artists were forced to censor his speech by scrambling the words so as to render it unintelligible to tots and adults alike.

Snow White was no angel either. Her bawdy XXX rated orgys with the 7 dwarfs have been kept under wraps for decades. A good thing it is, too. Some of the things she made Dopey do after tooting a line or two are simply unthinkable!

If penguins could blush I would be glowing bright red! :surprise:

R.Penguin
05-25-2009, 03:58 PM
tell us how you REALLY feel!:spank:
Refer to post #8 BTM! :p

todds87ss
05-25-2009, 04:57 PM
I heard that Minnie and Mickey were getting a divorce based on adultery. The judge thought that Mickey had said that she was crazy.
"No" Mickey said, "I didn't say she was crazy. I said she was fucking Goofy!"

(from the actual court transcripts)

LSUtigerME
05-25-2009, 05:23 PM
I don't see this listed on Umnitza's website.

I, and many others, have Umnitza DDEs on Altimas with somewhat mixed reviews. The halos, generally, look great and are very bright. However, they are very fragile, difficult to install, and somewhat unreliable. The ballasts are pretty poor, often failing, especially in cooler climates. I've been through two ballasts sets (5 years), and recently installed new rings with one being defective. However, that's not as bad as many people, and their customer service is only mediocre. It's a great product, and fits pretty well (not consistent though), however it has it's aggravations.

Another site quite often utilized is www.oznium.com. They don't necessarily offer it as a "kit", so you may have to measure what size halo, but they usually send spare parts, and are cheaper. It's an option many people have started using, but Umnitza remains popular.

Umnitza's new "Chromium" line features a hard plastic covering that eliminates some of the fragility of the rings. Makes installation a bit easier, though the first set I helped a guy install had a busted ring inside the "housing". The picture in the listing looks like the "Chromium" line, confirming what the text states.

It's definitely a worthwhile modification that is very rare. It's difficult to do, but relatively inexpensive and looks great. If you're up to it, go for it. If I ever get my G8, it's high on my list.