PDA

View Full Version : Camaro SS

p71
05-15-2009, 09:24 PM
I went to the local cruise and hung out with a bunch of guys in the parking lot of a shut down business. At around 2000 we saw a 2010 camaro drive and there was much pointing etc... About 30 mins later the car pulls back up the road and into the parking lot.

It is a brand new A6 SS being driven by an older guy and his son. Turns out the father had rented the car for the weekend. Anyway after they hung out and chatted for about 20-30 mins one of the guys with a manual LS1 TA was like "wanna run them?" The dad had been reminiscing about his racing days in the 60s and had been driving fast all day and so his son finally said "hey dad this is street racing do you remember how to do that?"

So they decide to run on the highway. Half he cars in the parking lot get behind them and head up to the interstate. They roll on and leave most of the group behind who slow roll to block traffic. I am right behind the TA.

The camaro and the TA stop on the highway... I stop about 30 feet directly behind the TA and as soon as his brake lights go out I punch it. The TA immediately pulls a half length on the camaro and then starts pulling I also reel the camaro in and pass him, and have to let up to avoid catching the TA on the top. I find out later that the camaro had T/C on and was being shifted with the paddles.

The formation turns around and heads south. This time the camaro and TA slow to about 5 MPH and punch it from a roll. I am behind the camaro this time. I do not have the benefit of watching for the brake lights to go out so both cars get a jump of about 3 lengths on me. The camaro slowly starts to walk away from the TA and I stay glued about 3 lengths from the camaro. I find out later that the camaro was in full auto mode this time.

Go back to the hangout and talk to the guys... turns out the camaro has about 250 miles on it and that they did not know how to shut off T/C... so unbroken in motor and not the best driving but hey my motor is not fully broken in either so...

Chocolate
05-16-2009, 02:53 AM
I liked the looks of the Camaro but rear seat access and available space sucked. Me very happy with G8 GT.

The Commodore
05-16-2009, 05:50 AM
I liked the looks of the Camaro but rear seat access and available space sucked. Me very happy with G8 GT.

Have you seen the opening for the trunk in the Camaro? It looks like a toilet seat.

fiveoh
05-17-2009, 06:12 AM
Interesting I figured a manual ls1 would pull the camaro from a roll.

99-LS1-SS
05-17-2009, 06:13 AM
Have you seen the opening for the trunk in the Camaro? It looks like a toilet seat.

LMAO! I totally see that.