PDA

View Full Version : Livernois Motorsports

Bhuge
05-15-2009, 09:30 AM
Ok last week I finally decided to buy a Non-DoD cam package. I ended up going with the Livernois stage 1 package. Andy and Rick are great I must of pm'd them about 35 times with various questions. They always provided me with a quick response no matter how stupid the question. Thanks guys for a smooth transaction and all the technical support.

Livernois Motorsports
05-15-2009, 10:24 AM
Ok last week I finally decided to buy a Non-DoD cam package. I ended up going with the Livernois stage 1 package. Andy and Rick are great I must of pm'd them about 35 times with various questions. They always provided me with a quick response no matter how stupid the question. Thanks guys for a smooth transaction and all the technical support.

Thank you for the kind words!

You'll be very happy with this package. Please let us know if you have any questions during or after the install. No question is a stupid question.

Regards,

Rick LeBlanc
Livernois Motorsports

Gris
05-15-2009, 10:48 AM
I'm not a mechanic and I'm not sure if this is standard but I was reading on another board that you should also install a new better timing chain (eg. LS2's black one) & tensioner at the same time. Some snap if pushing 400+ hp - the stock one seems to be a bit of a weak spot, fyi, worth checking.

Bhuge
05-15-2009, 12:47 PM
Yeah, Charlie has a post about a timing chain snapping. The Livenois cam package comes with a new tensioner, but does not include a new timing chain.

Bhuge
05-15-2009, 12:57 PM
Hey Rick,

The install went smooth. Andy helped me out with a few minor questions. (As did Bobthemonkey, Thanks) Andy set it up for me to come in on the 20th to have it on the dyno.

jbradsh1
05-16-2009, 01:28 AM
I'm not a mechanic and I'm not sure if this is standard but I was reading on another board that you should also install a new better timing chain (eg. LS2's black one) & tensioner at the same time. Some snap if pushing 400+ hp - the stock one seems to be a bit of a weak spot, fyi, worth checking.

I would think that with a first rate tensioner the odds of snapping a timing chain would be awfully slim. Livernois has a great reputation to protect and I don't think they would let you go out the door with a part that will become a liability.

Gris
05-16-2009, 05:08 AM
I would think that with a first rate tensioner the odds of snapping a timing chain would be awfully slim. Livernois has a great reputation to protect and I don't think they would let you go out the door with a part that will become a liability.

I'm sure you're right and they're already aware, no offense to anyone, sorry for butting in just thought info. couldn't hurt - knowledge is power! :)

Andy@Livernois
05-16-2009, 06:16 AM
The timing chains aren't an issue on these cars, the single bolt cam and the crappy tensioner are the root problem for most of these failures on these, and the ls2/ls3 cars. If you rewind a few years back everyone bought the LS2 chain as an upgrade over the LS1 because the chain is much stronger. All the failures are not related to the strength of the chain... I agree though, the more info the better...

edmanet
05-16-2009, 02:04 PM

You better get some DRs.

Hell I pm'ed Andy at least 100 times when they had my car.

Andy@Livernois
05-16-2009, 05:21 PM
You better get some DRs.

Hell I pm'ed Andy at least 100 times when they had my car.

a day ;) it was worth it for the crab chips and birch beer alone :D

tvuser
05-17-2009, 07:09 AM
And I thought I was PMing them a bunch!