PDA

View Full Version : Console lid removal?

rt66er
05-15-2009, 06:11 AM
Anybody know how to get the lid off? I would like to do a leather-wrap over the RubberMaid part. I took out all the screws inside the lid, but it didn't seem to "release" the part.

DQGTO
05-15-2009, 06:28 AM
http://forum.grrrr8.net/showthread.php?t=4942&highlight=console

rt66er
05-15-2009, 07:00 AM
Thanks, appreciate the effort (I found this thread yesterday using the search), but that doesn't tell me how to separate the rubber cover from the base of the lid. After taking out all 6 screws it still seems attached somehow.

Dr. Dana Miller
05-15-2009, 07:04 AM
Anybody know how to get the lid off? I would like to do a leather-wrap over the RubberMaid part. I took out all the screws inside the lid, but it didn't seem to "release" the part.

I took mine apart to send the same part out to Just Dashes to have them reconfigure it to make it 3 1/2 inches taller which works perfectly now as a much more functional arm rest. Remove the screws from the underside and carefully pull the Rubbermaid part off. It is retained by several pressure clips. It will pop off with a little bit of effort. Just be careful not to pull on it in such a way as to damage the hinged portion (bottom plastic piece) it clip onto. It's not difficult, just be a little patient with it.

DQGTO
05-15-2009, 07:12 AM
Thanks, appreciate the effort (I found this thread yesterday using the search), but that doesn't tell me how to separate the rubber cover from the base of the lid. After taking out all 6 screws it still seems attached somehow.

Gotcha. I didnt know how far along you were really. Glad to see you used the search though! Post up in the New Members section too and introduce yourself also (if ya plan on staying around its a great way to get started!). Goodluck, it seems like the post right before this post will solve your problem.

rt66er
05-15-2009, 08:08 AM
I took mine apart to send the same part out to Just Dashes to have them reconfigure it to make it 3 1/2 inches taller which works perfectly now as a much more functional arm rest. Remove the screws from the underside and carefully pull the Rubbermaid part off. It is retained by several pressure clips. It will pop off with a little bit of effort. Just be careful not to pull on it in such a way as to damage the hinged portion (bottom plastic piece) it clip onto. It's not difficult, just be a little patient with it.

Thanks! I was afraid to pull too hard without knowing for sure how it was attached.