PDA

View Full Version : ATI ProCharger Supercharger Info

tbyrne
05-14-2009, 08:26 PM
Some info about ProCharger's Supercharger package for the G8 -

http://estore.websitepros.com/stores/2081904/catalog/ProchargerG8.jpg

ProCharger is proud to announce the availability of a 100% complete HO Intercooled Supercharger System for the hot new 2008 Pontiac G8 GT. With its 6.0L V-8 carrying a factory rating of 361 HP and 385 lb-ft of torque, the ProCharger HO Intercooled System produces more than 540 HP with just 7 psi of intercooled boost while running pump gas. Higher boost and power levels are also available for modified engines. This system utilizes the industry leading ProCharger P-1SC-1 supercharger with self-contained oiling, meaning there is no need for external oil lines or oil pan modification. Designed and manufactured in the USA, utilizing a highly-efficient air-to-air intercooler and a dedicated supercharger drive system with an automatic tensioner, this is the most advanced and reliable supercharger system available for the Pontiac G8 GT.

http://estore.websitepros.com/stores/2081904/catalog/procharger2.jpg

http://estore.websitepros.com/stores/2081904/catalog/prochargerG8A.jpg

We can e-mail a copy of the installation instructions if anyone needs them.

Tom

jimmytt6
05-15-2009, 04:56 AM
And the price is....:nud:

MGMG8GT
05-15-2009, 05:40 AM
Where the heck is that thing pulling air from? Looks almost like it's trying to pull from the scoops?

Interesting unit -- what's the price? =)

fastg8mi
05-15-2009, 06:44 AM
when i called them last month they did not have a supercharger for the 2009 gt, do you have one yet?

Chewy
05-15-2009, 06:48 AM
Where the heck is that thing pulling air from? Looks almost like it's trying to pull from the scoops?

Interesting unit -- what's the price? =)

HUH? Did you see the air filter on the left side of the engine cover? It's then boosting it, shoving into the intercooler and then into the engine.

DQGTO
05-15-2009, 07:13 AM
HUH? Did you see the air filter on the left side of the engine cover? It's then boosting it, shoving into the intercooler and then into the engine.

I guess he meant that it was facing up to the top of the hood versus in the usual CAI spot or something, facing towards the road?? Thats what I took from it.

MGMG8GT
05-15-2009, 07:33 AM
I guess he meant that it was facing up to the top of the hood versus in the usual CAI spot or something, facing towards the road?? Thats what I took from it.

Exactly. It just looks like it might be pulling some fresh air from those scoops in the position it is in. I'm used to seeing them in the normal CAI area, OTR, etc. I never said I could not see the intake, just that it seems like an unusual position.

wreckwriter
05-15-2009, 07:36 AM
Its the worst intake location possible basically. I see IATs as high as 144.

MGMG8GT
05-15-2009, 07:38 AM
Its the worst intake location possible basically. I see IATs as high as 144.

Ouch.

DQGTO
05-15-2009, 07:48 AM
it looks to be right above the headers, exhaust mani etc. Why is that there? Space issues?

wreckwriter
05-15-2009, 07:50 AM
Yea, space issues.

GTPprix
05-15-2009, 07:59 AM
Damn dude my IATS BARELY make it to 110 on back to back dyno pulls :(

solty
05-15-2009, 08:05 AM
For sure space, but remember they are feeding that hot air through an intercooler. The intake air temp after the intercooler could be as cool as your CAI setup. Now that is a function of how hot the air starts up at the filter and how efficient the intercooler is.....Don't shoot them down....

Yea, space issues.

wreckwriter
05-15-2009, 08:17 AM
IAT is measured after the intercooler.

GTPprix
05-15-2009, 08:42 AM
IAT is measured after the intercooler.

Yikes.........

wreckwriter
05-15-2009, 08:45 AM
Yikes.........

Yea but I only see temps like that at the top end, turning on the return road. During a run they're much lower. Average is a bit higher than I saw with previous setup. Needed my IAT table tweaked a bit but no biggie. It is a kinda crappy design but its workable.

MtbDoc
05-15-2009, 09:01 AM
That big 'ol intercooler ought to be able to cool it down most of the time, but it is unfortunate that you are starting with hotter air to compress. Although I am not a big fan of water-air intercoolers, the Maggie does seem to do okay at keeping IAT's reasonable...

...enough so that the guy in the orange 'nismo' 350z out on the interstate is probably not a happy camper after our little excursion this morning!

wreckwriter
05-15-2009, 09:04 AM
Don't get me wrong, it definitely does OK for day to day, I just think it could have been designed better.

I don't think there's many 350Zs out there who would come away happy after an encounter with me.....

Chewy
05-15-2009, 09:35 AM
I think Tom's right... 530 WHP is stupid good!

BlownG8GT
05-15-2009, 09:45 AM
its the worst intake location possible basically. I see iats as high as 144.

wow!

Ktlplxm
05-15-2009, 05:25 PM
For sure space, but remember they are feeding that hot air through an intercooler. The intake air temp after the intercooler could be as cool as your CAI setup. Now that is a function of how hot the air starts up at the filter and how efficient the intercooler is.....Don't shoot them down....

The intercooler isn't that efficient. You need a good Meth kit and it will fix all of the temp issues, just don't get one of the crappy Snow ones. I don't even bother with an IC anymore on my F1 car. Perfectly drivable, 900+ whp, with a progressive Alky Control Kit. Temps are maybe 20 over ambient

tbyrne
05-17-2009, 08:24 AM
Some ProCharger kits (including the G8) have the filter mounted in the engine compartment on the driver's side. I'm not a fan of that location but that's where they have to put it if there isn't much room to work with. Another view of the system installed -

http://estore.websitepros.com/stores/2081904/catalog/prochargerG8A.jpg

This is currently only available for the 2008 model. I'm hoping to see one for the '09s soon.

For pricing, we currently have all of the ProCharger packages on sale. The manufacturer has a strict pricing policy so we aren't allowed to post the discounted prices. Actually, can't even put them in writing. You can receive a quote by giving us a call at 1-877-482-9763 or e-mail your phone number (sales@tbyrneperformance.com) and someone will give you a call with a quote.